• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Forwarded: "non-guild" option when setting trades

• Thread starter DeletedUser97579
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser97579

Proposal:

In a similar way to the "Guild Only" option when placing a trade, have an "Excluding Guild" option.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea:

... ish. The following:
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...Some-thoughts-on-potential-trade-improvements
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?11187-Trading-for-‘Guild-Only’
are talking about highlighting which trades were guild only. This is about the poster setting them as "not for guild" upon creation

Reason: / Details:

With the Guild Wars taking off - several guilds are focusing on specific ages to enter into and (for the time being) ignoring the others. In order to progress, goods from that era are needed. What I'm proposing here is a way to bring those goods into the guild.

For example, if I was fighting in the EMA on Guild Wars, I might put up trade for EMA<->IA and EMA<->HMA goods on the market (at a fair ratio) to obtain some EMA goods for myself. Knowing I have friendly guild members who would naturally go through and clear all the guild trades to help people out .... I'd like to be able to indicate from the trade screen that the ones I'd put up were for non-guildies only. If that was the case, they could clear the "guild" trade screen and everyone would be happy.

DeletedUser7719

I thought the second idea was like this one where if you don't check the "Guild Only" box, guild members won't see it...

DeletedUser97579

I thought the second idea was like this one where if you don't check the "Guild Only" box, guild members won't see it...
Not as I read it, but I've occasionally been wrong :p

The second idea was about the people viewing other guild members' trades on the market - seeing which ones were posted just for their guild.
This is approaching trades from the other side - controlled by the person setting up the trades. This is a setting where you could in effect "hide" trades from your guild. For most fair trades this sounds like an odd idea - for sure - but for the purposes of bringing a certain type of goods into your guild from outside it then it seemed the most logical solution.

DeletedUser97579

Delving deep into that thread, dodging all the attacks, I do see one post that is pretty assocaited:
ratboyab
- 3. Click "Open Market Only" (guild members can't see this when they click "Only Show Guild Offers")
Hopefully this thread will remain clean so that it can be seen on its own right.

DeletedUser7719

Well, I like all the other threads on this topic, so I can't turn against this one:
+1 from me!

DeletedUser2989

Adding my support here as well as the neighborhood only thread as I like adding more options to the trade system. :)

+1

DeletedUser

-1. I don't know the exact reason, but I do not think this idea is so useful.

DeletedUser

Would allow players in a Fair Trade Guild to also have trades aimed for people outside the guild that do not adhere to the trading ratios within the Guild.

+1

If we could also have a priority level for Guild only trade [eg; desperate / planning ahead / trading excess stocks] then it'd give a bit more flexibility with trading

Jimba Beamba

Private
+1. I am all for a Neighborhood only trading feature. When installed this feature should also only allow 5 pages of trades to be posted at one time as well. I have one hoodie who thinks he is a trade merchant. He has posted 75 pages of 3 for 5 good trades before. Drives me nuts. Clogs up the whole hood market.

Status
Not open for further replies.