• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Event Style

Do you support this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DeletedUser110531

Hi everyone I have had this idea brewing for a while and I think now would be a good time to share it and see what other people think.

Proposal: Have a new style of event that isn't strictly quests and random chests.

Have you checked the forums for the same or similar idea: I have checked for similar ideas and there have been none that I have seen that have suggested anything similar to what I am suggesting.

Reason: The current event style has been played out for years, complete quests to get a few items to then spend on a chest. Yes sometimes it is good but after a while it gets repetitive.

Details: What I am proposing is a new style of event, it can still hold the structure of the current events. If some of you did not notice we now have on the live servers a world selection menu, so far it only has one world. What if we utilised this for an event? So for one of the long events that we have we have a province or maybe a map that is only available for a limited amount of time?

Players can be given awards for completing sectors/ provinces as well as quests. If the devs want to keep the random chest style there would be no problem with that, they could include the chest unlock things (energy drinks, etc) as quest or province rewards.

Now some people may not want to fight this, it would be fine they could trade goods for sectors like a normal campaign map (although it probably wouldn't be worth the reward). This is also the beauty of keeping the quests and random boxes because players will still be able to take part in these events, they will just not gain as many chests.

Visual Aids: I'm not very good with visual aids but i am sure that you will be able to imagine a new tab on the menu as well as a new continent map.

Balance/Abuse Prevention: The difficulty of these maps can be easily balanced to a players age, just look at the expedition for example. The goods and units can be scaled to that players current age. If they wanted to add new event specific units (Please actually do this) they can also be scaled to a players age, similarly to the champions.

Okay, thank you for reading all of that. Any feed back would be wonderful.

Attachments

• Mapp.png
    Mapp.png
    578.6 KB · Views: 210

DeletedUser11930

-1 thats what i get for all my ideas in this forum

Last edited by a moderator:

Shad23

Emperor
we now have on the live servers a world selection menu
that is for players that play on multiple worlds so you can change worlds without loging out , to create your idea devs would have to create a new tab as that tab already has a function

DeletedUser113033

So for one of the long events that we have we have a province or maybe a map that is only available for a limited amount of time?

Players can be given awards for completing sectors/ provinces as well as quests. If the devs want to keep the random chest style there would be no problem with that, they could include the chest unlock things (energy drinks, etc) as quest or province rewards.
so, if i understood correctly, it would give us a chance vs diamondspenders to get even in event rewards?

in that case: a huuuge +1.....if i misunderstood: a regular +1 for all new challenges are most wellcome;)

DeletedUser103052

-1 thats what i get for all my ideas in this crappy forum

So instead of combatting it by encouraging your fellow player you decide to be a part of the problem?

I give this idea a +1!
It would be good to mix things up a bit, have some different events that don't require the same repetitive tasks for 9 level up kits for the same building.
I like the idea of a single-player GE or maybe even throw in some PvP in there (realtime battles for better rewards?) either way, it's a good idea worth exploring more.

DeletedUser110531

that is for players that play on multiple worlds so you can change worlds without loging out , to create your idea devs would have to create a new tab as that tab already has a function
If you look at the attached image there is now a selection where you can choose between different continent maps. As of right now there are no other maps but this idea will make use of this menu.

Agent327

Overlord
I really don't get this. As far as I know we have always had this world selection menu that you are showing, where you can switch between continents. All you need to do is conquer a continent and travel to the next for it to show.

You confirm test's remark that it is a single player version of GE, but GE is for single players and this does not look like GE at all.

Correct me if I am wrong, but for me this comes down to creating a province for you to conquer during an event, to replace the usual quests.

DeletedUser110531

I really don't get this. As far as I know we have always had this world selection menu that you are showing, where you can switch between continents. All you need to do is conquer a continent and travel to the next for it to show.

You confirm test's remark that it is a single player version of GE, but GE is for single players and this does not look like GE at all.

Correct me if I am wrong, but for me this comes down to creating a province for you to conquer during an event, to replace the usual quests.

Can you see that little globe symbol at the top left of the image. It is obviously going to be used to select entire new maps. (Not just continents.) What I am suggesting is that for a limited time there will be an event themed map, (likely consisting of one continent) with provinces etc.

When I said it was similar to GE I was referring to the difficulty, like earlier on it will be simple and the troops and goods needed will scale with your age.

Agent327

Overlord
Can you see that little globe symbol at the top left of the image. It is obviously going to be used to select entire new maps. (Not just continents.) What I am suggesting is that for a limited time there will be an event themed map, (likely consisting of one continent) with provinces etc.

Now I get that part ;)

When I said it was similar to GE I was referring to the difficulty, like earlier on it will be simple and the troops and goods needed will scale with your age.

Scale with your age, or also scale within your age like GE?

And is this a province you conquer during the event to replace the usual 90 x 5 minute and so on production quests?

What about scouting times?
What about players aging up and not having the goods or units?
What about all players having to be able to do it?

DeletedUser110531

Scale with your age, or also scale within your age like GE?
Both, as you progress through the event it should get harder and harder, like the levels in a GE. But also it will scale with your age so the event will be the age you are when the event starts (This could lead to issues with people changing ages and it becoming too easy with higher age units, so I am open to ideas there)

And is this a province you conquer during the event to replace the usual 90 x 5 minute and so on production quests?

The quests could stay or be removed depending on the event, as I said in my first post this sort of thing could be used with the quests or on its own. The idea can be tweaked so that it could be independent or it supports one of those random chest things by giving the unlock thingies for the chests as sector rewards.

What about scouting times?
Pretty simple, with this being a limited time area I think the times should be either none existent or reduced heavily. I would't expect to see any scout time over 3 hours.

What about players aging up and not having the goods or units?
I already discussed this earlier in this message but I'll go over it in a little detail. This gives us a little problem, there are two solutions I can think of.

1. Move the goods and units up an age to suit the new players age. This gives us the problem that you mentioned, how players wont have the goods or troops of the needed age to take part.

2. Keep the troops and negotiation goods at the age the player was when they started the event. (Like GE). This gives us major balancing issues since players can camp at one age until the event starts then plow through an age or two and have units and goods 2 ages higher than the event, making the whole event too easy.

Out of all of these solutions I'm inclined to pick solution 1 since it is the lesser of two evils. And stops players from exploiting the game.

(If you have any other ideas I'd love to hear them)

What about all players having to be able to do it?
The event should be visable at the same time as other events, (when people research the event technology, I don't remember which one it was)

DeletedUser110327

+1 anything fresh would be a good thing. I love the Fall Apples event, and I've enjoyed this Soccer event, but changes to other quests would be really good. I've never noticed that little globe before.

Other quest ideas, just to expand the idea, could be a pirate ship that appears off your coast, and when you click it you have a ghost pirate ship to explore, and you need to find keys from quests to get to the bridge, engine room, captain's cabin, the ship's holds and other places, and picking up rewards as you go. Another idea could be a haunted house that appears in your wilderness, and when you click it you have to explore the house, with quests giving you keys to new rooms with rewards. Keys could even be scattered around your friend's wildernesses, and you would have to hunt for them to unlock doors to new rooms. Another idea could be a Tomb Raider style temple/tomb/cave that appears in your wilderness, and you have to explore it to find the rewards. Fresh changes are always welcome. Love your GE event idea. What's that little black thingie on your nose?

DeletedUser113755

+1 See some good, positive things here.
You could have an 'Event Era', you start with pre-issued event troops and goods, then by searching your new map you acquire all new units, techs, goods which you have to obtain through combat or trade . In the daily quest challenge we have two options so in this event you can have an option to fight for items or trade for them, two different sets of clues as to where to go and what to accomplish on the map. All players start on an equal footing with all new forces and items only available from the event and useable within the event, which might solve any issue you have regarding players own eras. At the end of the day, week and event there are personal prizes based upon how well you did; these being useable in the normal FoE game.