• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Event Style

Do you support this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DeletedUser110531

It's going to be used for VF isn't it?

+1 for the idea. The events and quests need a bit of a shake up

Yes if you look at the image provided in the new VF Announcement you can see that the VF map will be accessed this way.

Agent327

Overlord
The event should be visable at the same time as other events, (when people research the event technology, I don't remember which one it was)

With being able to do it I meant the simplicity of the quests we get at the moment. Quests are possible to solve even for a starting player. With difficulty rising they will be locked out.

Agent327

Overlord
+1 anything fresh would be a good thing. I love the Fall Apples event, and I've enjoyed this Soccer event, but changes to other quests would be really good. I've never noticed that little globe before.

Most likely becaause it was never there before.

Other quest ideas, just to expand the idea, could be a pirate ship that appears off your coast, and when you click it you have a ghost pirate ship to explore, and you need to find keys from quests to get to the bridge, engine room, captain's cabin, the ship's holds and other places, and picking up rewards as you go. Another idea could be a haunted house that appears in your wilderness, and when you click it you have to explore the house, with quests giving you keys to new rooms with rewards. Keys could even be scattered around your friend's wildernesses, and you would have to hunt for them to unlock doors to new rooms. Another idea could be a Tomb Raider style temple/tomb/cave that appears in your wilderness, and you have to explore it to find the rewards. Fresh changes are always welcome. Love your GE event idea. What's that little black thingie on your nose?

Amazing ideas. How do you come up with them. Could it be cause there already is a priate ship and a haunted house?

For that tomb raider idea, should that cave next to the tavern be used?

DeletedUser110531

With being able to do it I meant the simplicity of the quests we get at the moment. Quests are possible to solve even for a starting player. With difficulty rising they will be locked out.
That is true but new players also have access to GE and if this sort of thing had a similar difficulty scale I don't see a problem with it.

Agent327

Overlord
That is true but new players also have access to GE and if this sort of thing had a similar difficulty scale I don't see a problem with it.

In my OF city with a big boost and Alca I blast through 4 levels GE with ease. In my EMA city with not that big a boost and no Alca I am struggling to get through lvl 1, simply cause I have to wait to train new units again and again.

DeletedUser110531

In my OF city with a big boost and Alca I blast through 4 levels GE with ease. In my EMA city with not that big a boost and no Alca I am struggling to get through lvl 1, simply cause I have to wait to train new units again and again.
In my previous IA - EMA cities I could easily pass through level 2 with a mix of negotiation and attacking.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
What about borrowing a page from Elvenar?
ie: the event has a new map with a series of new continents. No scouting is required - the event begins with the initial sector of the first continent unlocked.
Now, to 'clear' that sector, you & your guild mates must provide a set of event badges.
To earn event badges, you simply fulfill various production options. (ie: a 'Brewery Badge' could be for completing 15x 5min productions, while a 'Workman's Badge' could be completing say 6x 4hr productions)

Guilds must organise & work together to collect badges & then insert them throughout the event map.
Different sectors would offer various different rewards, related to the effort involved in producing & types of badges required.
Once the 'final sector' of the continent is cleared, then the next 'new' continent opens up & the guild can push on... HOWEVER! Once you've moved on to the new continent, there's no going back to the previous land/s!
So guilds would have to figure out if/what sector prizes are worth what, and if they should head strait for the 'goal', or perhaps take time to go after some further flung sectors that contain better rewards! ;)

The downfalls here would be if Inno;
1) repeats the same mistakes of Elvenar, and makes the requirements to earn badges stupidly insane... (ie: 50x 5min productions for 1 stinkin' badge!)

2) If they don't do a better job of gradually balancing the total badge requirements as you progress to new, more challenging maps.
(ie: Lv1 might be 50 total badges to complete 1 path, Lv2 needs 160 for 1 path, and then Lv3 outright jumps the shark and suddenly needs 700 total badges for just 1 path, because... "reasons!")

3) Inno stuffs the maps with insanely crappy rewards vs. the effort required to earn them.
Using the above example of a stage/continent requiring a massively insane 700 badges, finishing that earned a whole whopping... 35fp's & a really crappy building usable only by maybe 20% of the overall player base!

4) Lots, and lots, and LOTS! of endless quest cycling...
If there's say, only 12 different badge types, it's not so bad, especially since we have extremely fast cycling here in FoE. But any more than that, and it gets really, really tedious constantly cycling through to the badge you need for your collections.
(still, it'd be a breeze here, as for example, I can cycle through 13 'complete 2x 24hr productions' quests in barely 4-5min flat... unlike the Elvenar version where it takes 4-5min just to cycle through & collect 2 badges! O.O )

5) Small and/or mainly inactive guilds would likely make almost 0 progress in such an event. (active players can 'fix' this by simply joining a better guild *before* the event begins!!)

6) This type of event would have to be 'guild locked' once it begins... if you leave your guild during the event, you can't rejoin/join a new guild & get tons of additional rewards.
This could also prove troublesome if a player gets booted from a guild for no reason/strait pettiness/etc... & thus, end up screwing them out of an entire event. :(

Still, for all their (many, many) faults, this guild type event is fun in how it really encourages guilds (aka: fellowships), to work together & co-operate towards gaining all the prizes.
For an FoE styled version, it could add in on top of set rewards per sector of this new map system, an amount of 'event currency'. (with again, more currency for completing more demanding sectors)
Players can then use this currency on their own to access a series of chests for various rewards like we have now.

And with the various badges, lower age players can for example contribute the 'easier' badges, while the more advanced players can focus on the more demanding ones.
This type of event might also be a way to replace the busted as all gak GvG, with a guild's overall event progress giving them a set amount of guild experience at the end of the event?!

DeletedUser110531

@Thomas Covenent Although that idea is a good one I think it is a little too ambitious for Forge of Empires at the moment. Let's not run before we can walk.

It is an interesting concept but having guilds Co-ordinate at this scale would probably be very unlikely, I think this will lead to a lot of dissatisfied players/ guilds. Another negative effect will be that as you said it will split our community between those who can play the event and those who can't. Not to mention lesser experienced players will run the risk of being booted from their guilds if the higher aged members want the better prizes.

Some thing on the scale will require a ton of effort not only from Inno but guilds as well and I don't think any amount of preparation can prepare any guild for it.

Agent327

Overlord
In my previous IA - EMA cities I could easily pass through level 2 with a mix of negotiation and attacking.

Something that isn't possible for starting players and players that move up. Still it is only two out of four levels. When it comes to events, you got to take into account that any quest is possible for all players. That's why they are so lame and tedious.

DeletedUser110327

Amazing ideas. How do you come up with them. Could it be cause there already is a priate ship and a haunted house?

You think Inno came up with the idea of pirate ships and haunted houses all by themselves? They have been a staple of games since the Commodore 64. Sorry Mr Agent, but Inno really haven't come up with anything new at all in this game. It's all basically evolved from Sid Meir's Civ2 and The Settlers which were released back in the Stone Age.

Agent327

Overlord
You think Inno came up with the idea of pirate ships and haunted houses all by themselves? They have been a staple of games since the Commodore 64. Sorry Mr Agent, but Inno really haven't come up with anything new at all in this game. It's all basically evolved from Sid Meir's Civ2 and The Settlers which were released back in the Stone Age.

What does that have to do with suggesting items that already exist in the game?

DeletedUser110327

Actually, Inno do have one thing that Civ 2 and The Settlers didn't have - an ignore button. Brilliant invention.