• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

new army lay out

knycknac

Private
I am finding the new layout for selection very very slow and cumbersome

you need to select each unit seperatley whereas before you could change in multiples

it takes longer to show if unit is attached or not

surely we should have a feature to show attached units
and we should be able to select multiple units at once

DeletedUser

well, as u click on the units they move to your selected army in 1 click, however I like the idea of having a separate box or tab for unattached units there has been a lot of talk of this on the forum and many players seem to like the idea so fingers crossed :-) give it time you may like it once you've used it for a little while, kim :-)

knycknac

Private
yes but if i want to see if unit is attached or not
the info used to appear immediately and now takes jut under 10 seconds per unit
i have sat with the stopwatch running to see how long per unit letting watch keeping running

so this has made it very slow and cumbersome to select an units

i appreciate it may be my laptop as have had issues in other areas of the game before
which over time have sped up thankfully.

DeletedUser15432

I very much like the new army layout, less actual mouse clicking to change units in the attacking army or completely change the army and the information re attached/unattached appears quickly

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8813

after my initial run through i am not a big fan of the new layout..it is a bit slower..but like anything you adapt and overcome..a couple weeks and it will be second nature.

DeletedUser14587

i am not abig fan of that layout at all !!
to pick my army and to avoid picking the unattached unit is taking so much time i guess with the new lay out u should consider a filter to separate the unattached unit from the rest of the unit that way i can say yeah its agood update now its just time consuming

DeletedUser99268

I have problem with new layout. In army management, when i select troops, i dont see any button to start atack?!?!? I dont know what to do. Can anyone help me?

DeletedUser15432

I have problem with new layout. In army management, when i select troops, i dont see any button to start atack?!?!? I dont know what to do. Can anyone help me?

The attack option is on the bottom right hand quadrant, however, you must actually have selected attack before you go the the management screen, if you are doing standard army maintenance all you will have is an OK button instead

DeletedUser99268

but, i dont have this button?!?!? I play on laptop 16:9 is ratio, and, on the botom on the left, i see only buton for deleting units, on right nothing.
I do not know whether it is wrong to optimized pages, but it seems that I can not see the whole screen, and no ruler so I could get to that button

DeletedUser

I very much like the new army layout, less actual mouse clicking to change units in the attacking army or completely change the army and the information re attached/unattached appears quickly

I very much have to select your writing in order to actually understand what you`re saying there.

Drama-Queen

Corporal
I find the new army management slow and hard on the eyes when you are sliding through 40+ units trying to pick those that are not attached. While you slide, you loose track of the last one you checked. it is nice that one can select the age, but I wish they visually mark all unattached units. With many having Alcatraz, and rows & rows of unattached, it is a pain to select your units. If they cannot have a sort by attached/unattached at least put a "visual strip" across all unattached unit.
Unless some use only auto to fight and don't care if the troops they are using are unattached, it takes me almost 3 hrs to manually fight 80. That's way too much time spend on fighting.

DeletedUser13805

here we go again !! just who thought this was good enough to let out to use mere users ? my battles take about 4 hours a day these days and now because i can not quickly get to attached units and have to wait for the slow pop up to tell me what unit it is
it adds another hour on my battle time !!! i swear someone who thinks these updates or game improvments is more interested in things looking nice rather than how it aids the gamer

DeletedUser12086

but, i dont have this button?!?!? I play on laptop 16:9 is ratio, and, on the botom on the left, i see only buton for deleting units, on right nothing.
I do not know whether it is wrong to optimized pages, but it seems that I can not see the whole screen, and no ruler so I could get to that button
Could you please attach a screenshot and tell us your screen resolution?

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
I m sure this new army management layout must have been tested out on the beta server before having it on the Main servers and I am also sure players testing this over there would have given their feedback about this layout with all the issues being said on top in this thread ...But still they went ahead with their plan of implementing this army management layout without a single change from the way it was tried on the beta severs .... It just goes on to show that whatever feedback we give whatever suggestions we give whatever the players find difficulty with the new feature, the game management will give us only what THEY think and feel is right ... I really dont think it needs such a big change in the programming to have the Unattached units differentiated from attached units ... ANything just about any way that would help us in differentiating them would have made us all happy ...I dont actually feel this new layout any different or better than the previous layout .. In fact I think/feel the previous layout was 100 times better than this ... so many advantages from that we are going to miss in this ... we cant have a separate defense ... we cant double click to select 8 at a time ... we cant actually see all the units ...we need to keep moving the slider to see the units we have ... All these issues could have been excused if and only if they had made a possibility to differentiate attached and unattached units ... Thats the only thing that was asked and thats the only thing they never gave ....Oh well Its a free game (that is the answer we get if we complain) and so we just have to accept whatever they give us and keep forging ahead ...

DeletedUser9227

Im ok at selecting attacking army but cant do defending army, can anyone help please

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
Im ok at selecting attacking army but cant do defending army, can anyone help please

Click on the blue helmet and then select 8 units 1 by 1 which u want to have in your defense ... Defensive units will be having blue health bar instead of the regular green ...U can still attack with the units u assign for defense though ... and if they die u lose that unit from your defense also and u have to re-select another unit (if u can remember to do it)...hope this info helps

DeletedUser15432

Click on the blue helmet and then select 8 units 1 by 1 which u want to have in your defense ... Defensive units will be having blue health bar instead of the regular green ...U can still attack with the units u assign for defense though ... and if they die u lose that unit from your defense also and u have to re-select another unit (if u can remember to do it)...hope this info helps

Cheers for that piece of information DDevil as that is not clear however, as at the moment I do not change defending armies that did not actually affect my attacks on three worlds