• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

new army lay out

DeletedUser9227

Thanks but if a defending army can attack, dosnt that make it an attacking army

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
Thanks but if a defending army can attack, dosnt that make it an attacking army

LOL... in this new layout the defense army can also become ur attack army if u really need it ... while they are attacking in a battle they will also defend ur city when it gets attacked same time .... Dont ask me how its possible logically ...LOL ...they just do ... As the age progresses they have become super units ... can do multi-tasking ...

DeletedUser9227

OK , Thanks for info.Much prefered old system but have to get use to this one.

DeletedUser

Yeah the unattached distinction thing was annoying before (seems like such an easy thing to fix), but it has gone over into clear impediment now. Something like that really shouldn't take so long for the player to figure out, and it is obviously something that is extremely important to know. I would also prefer a defensive tab much more so than this, and I can only assume they did it this way because it might make things run faster. I think the rest will just take getting used to.

DeletedUser

The attack button is not showing on my screen also.

but, i dont have this button?!?!? I play on laptop 16:9 is ratio, and, on the botom on the left, i see only buton for deleting units, on right nothing.
I do not know whether it is wrong to optimized pages, but it seems that I can not see the whole screen, and no ruler so I could get to that button

I have this problem too, the bottom of the page is cut off and I cannot scroll up or pull up the whole page. Therefore I cannot attack.

DeletedUser

Anyone would think that part of the implementation was a deliberate attempt to increase the attrition rate of unattached units, through people getting tired of hunting for needles in haystacks and just selecting the first available unit...
/adjusts tinfoil hat!

DeletedUser13805

Anyone would think that part of the implementation was a deliberate attempt to increase the attrition rate of unattached units, through people getting tired of hunting for needles in haystacks and just selecting the first available unit...
/adjusts tinfoil hat!

your right i did just that i couldnt careless if i lose unattached units anymore its speed that counts 4 hours is more than enough time on battles without this nonsence of sereaching for an army that isnt unattached, i sent my troops into a few battles today as i just couldnt be bothered if i lose them or not

DeletedUser99279

Change the zoom level to reduce the size of the box and the attack button will show. I dont like the change either but you will get used to it.

DeletedUser5180

utter utter waste of time.........slows down the whole process of selecting a unit if you are searching for an attached or unattached unit as previously the pages gave you an idea where they were. even hovering over a unit to see its info takes longer for the info to pop up than before. It takes longer to select an army than actually use the army in a single battle. As most players spend far more time selecting an attacking army as opposed to a defensive army this has no real benefits whatsoever. Im very very disappointed with this as its ruined the whole pvp part of the game which is the main attraction for many (or most) players. I guess this will be the final nail in the coffin for a lot of players dedication to FoE

IF IT AIN'T BROKE DONT FIX IT.

DeletedUser5514

They keep changing the game to make it worst and they still dont care with gamers feed-back. Personally, i stopped battling for PVP after last change, since it takes to much time to fight more than 80 players in my hood, most of them at PE with good defenses. I tryed the new layout and it made me even more convicted in keeping myself away of PVP. Too much time for little payout.

DeletedUser

From my point of view, the most important thing is to see if unit is regular or unattached as I have Alcatraz.
New update is better, but in old view pop up information was shown in the moment, but now it takes up to one second to appear, probably new layout is affecting on performance.
So, I need about 2 minutes to deploy troops, as I have all the time 20-30 same units, but I need to check whether is regular unit or Alcatraz produced.
Question/suggestion is if it is possible to add one more combo box filter with options, for example: all, attached, unattached?

DeletedUser

I think this is being looked at already as many players have stated a separate tab for unattached will be better..... kim :-)

Rosletyne

Warrant Officer
I think this is being looked at already as many players have stated a separate tab for unattached will be better...

I would hope so. I had my first taste of battle using the new system today, and discovered for myself the same issues everyone else has.

In the meantime, just in case the development team needs more feedback, I wrote a post in the Ideas section: filter options for attached and unattached units. Let's see if we get some improvement if we can get enough +1 posts.

DeletedUser12485

I don't mind the new army layout except for the issue of looking for attached vs not attached armies. PLEASE PLEASE make a way to seperate these!!

DeletedUser76094

I am back after 3 months of exile.
My quick opinion -
While the new screen has a much better appeal to me as a player (and trust me, I fight 160+ battles a day in two worlds), I think it is established that the army management tool has room for significant improvements.
1. When it is done, instead of providing a checkbox for "unattached units", it should be for attached units - to allow the player to select the attached troops and attack others using them.
2. Sort the units in decreasing order of health -- putting the most injured troops at the end -- instead of sorting by the time when these troops were created.
3. Tooltip response - becomes immaterial if you are able to sort.
4. Ability to double click - to select 8 units at a time - as before.
Once these 4 things are done, I don't think we will have any complaints of the nature stated above in this thread and in another parallel thread on this topic.
Blacksmith - would appreciate if you could share your opinion on my feedback.

. ICE .

Chief Warrant Officer
My quick opinion -
While the new screen has a much better appeal to me as a player (and trust me, I fight 160+ battles a day in two worlds), I think it is established that the army management tool has room for significant improvements.
1. When it is done, instead of providing a checkbox for "unattached units", it should be for attached units - to allow the player to select the attached troops and attack others using them.
2. Sort the units in decreasing order of health -- putting the most injured troops at the end -- instead of sorting by the time when these troops were created.
Once these 4 things are done, I don't think we will have any complaints of the nature stated above in this thread and in another parallel thread on this topic.

Came on here to provide my feedback..... but Guptajis analysis , is almost identical to my own... so no point repeating.

In its current guise , it is just too slow and cumbersome , and is therefore flawed.

DeletedUser13805

My quick opinion -
Blacksmith - would appreciate if you could share your opinion on my feedback.

totaly agree it would shut me up from moaning : )