• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Neighborhood

• Thread starter DeletedUser110480
  • Start date

G3orge

Private
has anyone had their neighbors mixed with neighbors of higher Era's? i have had this happen twice so far in Jaims, i am in Progressive and two contact changes ago it began with 33% of my neighbors in Modern Era. i put in a ticket at support and was told this is common( ??? )i asked around to other friends and players if they had ever experienced this before and all said no. i have been playing this game since july 2017 and never saw this occur, maybe in recent era's i have noticed one or two in the Era above, but not 23 of 75. the following change was normal but the present one went off the wall. 42 of 75 in my neighborhood ( one is me ) 40 are own Modern Era and 2 in Postmodern Era....there is no way of contacting Inno without writing to them. any help would be appreciated as support is a brick wall on this issue

has anyone had their neighbors mixed with neighbors of higher Era's? i have had this happen twice so far in Jaims, i am in Progressive and two contact changes ago it began with 33% of my neighbors in Modern Era. i put in a ticket at support and was told this is common( ??? )i asked around to other friends and players if they had ever experienced this before and all said no. i have been playing this game since july 2017 and never saw this occur, maybe in recent era's i have noticed one or two in the Era above, but not 23 of 75. the following change was normal but the present one went off the wall. 42 of 75 in my neighborhood ( one is me ) 40 are own Modern Era and 2 in Postmodern Era....there is no way of contacting Inno without writing to them. any help would be appreciated as support is a brick wall on this issue
Yes it's perfectly normal to have a neighbourhood with people from your age and above or below

Shad23

Emperor
Yes it's perfectly normal to have a neighbourhood with people from your age and above or below
for the ones in age above i think it might be cause they reached higher era befor change of neighborhood if there are some of lower era normaly it's cause you changed era befor change of neighborhood

for the ones in age above i think it might be cause they reached higher era befor change of neighborhood if there are some of lower era normaly it's cause you changed era befor change of neighborhood
I've had mixed hoods for as long as I can remember. I think the higher in age you are the more common it is.

Lots of people in EMA for example but comparatively few in VF

Cambyses II

Sergeant
The strong players always attack and plunder because they know that you cannot counter attack them and plunder back. The only way of good protection that works well, you can get at the Friends Tavern, but then you cannot boost other things without pay with diamonds. The strong players always win the PvP competitions as well. This is very unfair. Question → Is it possible to put players of about the same ranking points in one neighborhood ??
A year ago I remember posting an almost identical comment. Now I am the strong player, win at least two PvP tourneys every week and have become the scourge of my hood. I've stopped complaining lol.

vikingraider

Emperor

Apparently one hood will have a mixture of ages in, to mop up those who couldn't be put in their current era group. Happened to me a couple of times

DeletedUser112892

In every neighborhood there are very strong players and very weak players. In my neighborhood the strongest has 17,748,915 and the weakest has 650,246 ranking points. I've 3,452,798 ranking points and my position is number 15 of the 71 players. The strong players always attack and plunder because they know that you cannot counter attack them and plunder back. The only way of good protection that works well, you can get at the Friends Tavern, but then you cannot boost other things without pay with diamonds. The strong players always win the PvP competitions as well. This is very unfair. Question → Is it possible to put players of about the same ranking points in one neighborhood ??
Once upon a time, neighborhoods were based on ranking points.
But are you sure it would be fair that player in e.g. PE can attack player in e.g. HMA?
Neighborhood based on player's age is much fairer, and everyone can protect themselves from being plundered.

Emberguard

Legend
Once upon a time, neighborhoods were based on ranking points.
But are you sure it would be fair that player in e.g. PE can attack player in e.g. HMA?
Neighborhood based on player's age is much fairer, and everyone can protect themselves from being plundered.
The alternative would be a combination of the two. As close as possible for same age and same points - being calculated from the top players down within that age. Can't guarantee what the result would look like though.

Only thing is then you've removed all benefit of having more advanced GBs within your neighbourhood. This isn't a problem if you are able to get everything from your guild and friends but it does limit opportunities

Edit:
And it could end up putting all the wealth in a select few neighbourhoods - which if you concentrate it all in one area may make the gaps even larger between "rich" and "poor".

DeletedUser112892

The alternative would be a combination of the two. As close as possible for same age and same points - being calculated from the top players down within that age. Can't guarantee what the result would look like though.
That would be perfect solution if there were many players with similar age and ranking points.
In this case, by implementing that neighborhood criteria, even if we have enough players for one neighborhood, we would probably have those neighbors for very long time, without possibility for shuffle due to lack of similar players.
Ohh, I even confused myself with this post now :P

DeletedUser113901

To me the ideal would be to make neighbourhoods according to starting day.
Neighbourhoods by points were dominated by rushers who kept only 4 houses, 2 artillery ranges and a spearf barrack.
Neighbourhoods by research are dominated by campers.
Neighbourhoods by starting day would be more balanced and allow a diversity of strategies, and would also make people log in more often.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snarko

Private
I know what it would look like for me. I would be in a hood with the same people week after week, month after month, only the occasional change as someone move up in era and someone else enter at the bottom of the hood. That's what it would look like for most of us campers.

On the topic of plundering, I'm now #1 in my hood every time. I have 24% defense bonus. Anyone with a current age army can beat me, even with zero military boost. I usually don't even plunder back. It's not worth my time. What IS worth my time is taking spots on the GBs of those who self level. They benefit a lot from me doing that, since I almost always take them above the base reward. Put them in neighborhoods with people of the same points and they won't get that benefit. They often don't have friends or guildmates who can either and don't know enough about the game to get them. Me taking one such spot can be worth as much as someone else plundering them every single day and there's usually other people with Arcs taking spots too.

DeletedUser113901

I know what it would look like for me. I would be in a hood with the same people week after week, month after month, only the occasional change as someone move up in era and someone else enter at the bottom of the hood. That's what it would look like for most of us campers.

On the topic of plundering, I'm now #1 in my hood every time. I have 24% defense bonus. Anyone with a current age army can beat me, even with zero military boost. I usually don't even plunder back. It's not worth my time. What IS worth my time is taking spots on the GBs of those who self level. They benefit a lot from me doing that, since I almost always take them above the base reward. Put them in neighborhoods with people of the same points and they won't get that benefit. They often don't have friends or guildmates who can either and don't know enough about the game to get them. Me taking one such spot can be worth as much as someone else plundering them every single day and there's usually other people with Arcs taking spots too.
Everytime someone leaves the game everyone lower moves one spot up. From the 20th hood on the effects should be strongly perceived.

DeletedUser116663

In every neighborhood there are very strong players and very weak players. In my neighborhood the strongest has 17,748,915 and the weakest has 650,246 ranking points. I've 3,452,798 ranking points and my position is number 15 of the 71 players. The strong players always attack and plunder because they know that you cannot counter attack them and plunder back. The only way of good protection that works well, you can get at the Friends Tavern, but then you cannot boost other things without pay with diamonds. The strong players always win the PvP competitions as well. This is very unfair. Question → Is it possible to put players of about the same ranking points in one neighborhood ??
are you in a guild this is the best thing i find it easier ...we arnt advised to plunder our neighbours ,,best try get as many freinds as possible to stop them occuring or offer them as few goods as a peace offering??

DeletedUser108359

Points do say a thing about how strong you are. If this is not so, then why do you have points ?? I don't know how some players get so many points in one era.

Points say nothing about how strong you are nor how good a player you are.
Points are awarded for buildings in your city, battles won and goods spent OUTSIDE the market.
If you have a large credit card you can get millions of points very quickly. Doesnt make you a good player though.

DeletedUser108359

Am I lying when I told you that I cannot win at a counter attack (take revenge)

There are other ways of taking revenge. Level the guys GB's. Many players hate this with a passion, especially if you level there Traz or any of their FP producing Gb's.
I did this to a player last week and he got very upset, even resorting to swearing at me and insulting me. He thinks because he has over 9 million points and 600% def he is invulnerable.:rolleyes:
He said he was going to plunder me every day for that. almost 2 weeks later and he hasnt got a single thing from me, now he is resorting to leveling my GB;s. But hes still a moron, he today leveled my CF which helps me a LOT 8-) but doesnt get him much. ( all my rewards i collect will now be 5% more.:lol:, like i said he's a moron )
i collect same time every day, he attacks at different times, ( im sure he sets his alarm to get up and attack me, lol ) Today i woke up a few minutes late and although he hadnt plundered me i set a shield because my timing is now out and this will mess things up for me during the week so i now can collect whenever i want, also because of the shield he now thinks he knows my collection time.:hide: )
P.S his name is Shifty24. I dont think the 24 is his IQ, its much lower than that.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator: