• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Morals??

DeletedUser

We have recently been watching a guild (not the one I am in), which at this stage should remain nameless, for fear of shaming them all. To amass more 'battle points' for themselves as individuals and for their guild, many players leave the guild, battle their 'ex-guildmates' in their 'hoods, then rejoin the guild. Is all fair in 'love and war' or perhaps a 3-5 day cool-down period between leaving and rejoining the same guild should be imposed?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3707

Yeah, since the battle system is weighted in favour of the attacker, it's very easy to take advantage and farm battle points and medals. I like the idea of a cool down system when leaving a guild. That should help any cheating - by a bit.

DeletedUser

yeah I think this would help other manipulations of the guild system as well

DeletedUser9070

Disagree with your replies guys..I don't do this but guildies in your 'hood take away PvP point (and thus personal score) from you simply by being there whether you wanted or not, it is possible to be in a 'hood with 10+ guildies which is a disadvantage since anyone not part of this guild will be able to gain from 10+ more battles, there are no benefits for being in the same guild under the same neighbourhood alas this is for most cases not your choice since players apply or get invited and happen to be in your 'hood.

Players in the above example are already in disadvantage for competing for PvP, I don't see why its "cheating" if they raise the playing field to the same number of battles as anyone else.
Also remember that whilst they are doing this they cannot support each others.

DeletedUser

you act like there are no benefits to being in your guild that you are trading for the inability to attack. Only one person here called it cheating, but it is obviously an exploitation of existing rules. People also exploit this to get free trades with non permanent guildmembers and to increase the number of M/Ps they can get. I doubt this was intended.

DeletedUser9070

There aren't any benefits to have guildies from your neighbourhood (yet) as opposed to having a full guild of members coming from elsewhere.

I am against guild hopping back and forth tho so that point gets my vote, I always thought there should of been a cooldown between leaving and joining.

DeletedUser

Well you get free trades with those people and don't have to worry about getting attacked. Every benefit you get from a guild is a tradeoff for fact that they might be in your neighborhood. If your neighborhood is full of guild members, then you might want to think about leaving I guess. I wouldn't really want to, but there are options

DeletedUser9070

These aren't competitive benefits, as the OP suggested those guildies that "exploit" the leave/join for PvP, if they all stayed in the same guild they will be earning less pvp point and ranking points than the other players in the neighbourhood which is why I was pointing out that the fact they are using that to compete in PvP on the same scale as anyone else in their neighbourhood - what are they benefiting from when they rejoin their guild ? Nothing, they traded their polishing/motivating support for pvp points.

Again, a player that is the only guildie in his neighbourhood is better advantaged than anyone else since he reaps all the benefits from having a full guild, a full neighbourhood to attack or P/M (more players to interact with), etc..so I can understand why some players want to abuse the leave/join option - not that I'd want to personally.

Don't blame the players, blame the game design.

DeletedUser

That is why I called it an exploit man. They are only in same position as others in neighborhood if everyone with guildmembers in their neighborhood does this exploit. You don't call free trades a competitive advantage? How about the fact that they are undoubtedly not plundering each other because they are guildmates? Any GB levelling they receive from guildmates is also an advantage. You pretend there are no benefits to being in a guild. Not being able to get battle points from guildmates that happen to be in neighborhood is the ONLY real consequence of being in a guild whatsoever, and they are exploiting the current rules to do an end run around that. I never blamed the players... You also ignored the possibility of joining a guild that doesn't have so many people in the neighborhood. Any disadvantage would be of their own choosing.

DeletedUser9070

Your logic is flawed, players that are in your guild and in your neighbourhood are less players to interact with, its basic maths, less ppl to trade with, less ppl to P/M and less ppl to attack since they are recurrent players, I hope I don't have to give you a math example ...

Hopefully someone else can grasp this and explain it better than I did.

DeletedUser

Haha please tell me where my logic is flawed because you haven't. I don't know why you would think I don't understand that more people from your guild means less PvP points... Did you read anything I said?

DeletedUser7719

They are only in same position as others in neighborhood
They are not in the same position because they will not have as many neighbors to battle with. A guild will help out the players alot, but they will not gain enough points if they cannot battle as much as their neighborhood gives them. Having said this, it is a wiser strategy to try and pick guildies from different neighboods (but as time catches up, I have a feeling that the top guilds will mainly be in the same hoods after many, many merges)

DeletedUser

I was responding to him saying this "which is why I was pointing out that the fact they are using that to compete in PvP on the same scale as anyone else in their neighbourhood." This presupposes that no one in their neighborhood from a different guild has guild members in that hood. This is silly because the top guilds always have others in their hood. So they are actually getting an advantage over everyone else in neighborhood unless everyone in that hood exploits it the same way.

You note that being in a guild helps out, so I don't see what confusion is here. I didn't say that help directly translated into battle points (that is not all there is to game and this only affects PvP tower aspect of game) or had anything to do with battle points. I said that not being able to attack guild members is the ONLY consequence that results from those benefits you get from being in guild. They are avoiding it through an exploit though. Just like you can remove people from friend list that get merged into neighborhood, you can change guilds. People can't whine about this problem when they are choosing to remain in the situation.

My neighborhood has had around 50 people for a month now and 5 of the top people are from my guild... The bottom half is worthless, so it's not like I don't feel the consequences

DeletedUser6461

I am against this guild hopping. This may be restricted to an extend to avoid exploiting the current situation. In my opinion, Once you left your current Guild and joined another Guild, there might be some restrictions (cooling period) to join back to the old guild or to any other guild. However, I don't support that the cooling period start immediately he left the guild. It may apply only if he joined another guild and wished to hop that guild also before the cooling time.

Because, at present, if a top 50 player wishes, he can hop "n" number of guilds in a day for getting enough trades (many guilds are using different trade rates which can be exploited), mot/pol (he can get additional chances of blue print and also to get his buildings polished/motivated to max.), extra battling chance (The neighborhood members may be scattered in many guilds and hopping gives the player a chance to fight with all of them, though we can't do anything about this because a player has chance to fight all his members if he leaves his current guild and stay guild-less but at this time he will not get the liberty to exploit any other guild for his advantage of mot/pol or trading).

DeletedUser

Yeah I agree kingjoseph, but waiting until they join another guild does nothing to solve battle points exploit. It would at least curb some of the other stuff. I think it would need to be for 2 days to have any true chilling effect b/c then they would miss out on at least 1 day's worth of M/Ping

DeletedUser1983

We have recently been watching a guild (not the one I am in), which at this stage should remain nameless, for fear of shaming them all. To amass more 'battle points' for themselves as individuals and for their guild, many players leave the guild, battle their 'ex-guildmates' in their 'hoods, then rejoin the guild. Is all fair in 'love and war' or perhaps a 3-5 day cool-down period between leaving and rejoining the same guild should be imposed?

Where were your morals when you were doing ample amount of cross-world FP trading? You along with some of the biggest players of your guild did plenty of that trading before it was officially declared illegal. I guess you have a habit of using morals only when it is convenient to do so ;-)

DeletedUser6461

Where were your morals when you were doing ample amount of cross-world FP trading? You along with some of the biggest players of your guild did plenty of that trading before it was officially declared illegal. I guess you have a habit of using morals only when it is convenient to do so ;-)

Hi Knockpg,
This is the place of creative discussion. Please don't bring any personal accusation here.
If you have any such notions, please inform the staff through right clicking any where in your city and Contact support.
N.B: "Personal insults are not allowed anywhere in this forum"

DeletedUser1983

I noticed a lot of hypocrisy and double-standards in the origination of this post and had to call it.. I apologize if I ruffled any feathers.