• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Less rewards?

• Thread starter DeletedUser112357
  • Start date

DeletedUser112357

I have been playing Foe for 9 months. In the past month or so, I have noticed a downward trend in rewards. I can only give subjective evidence as i never though to have a "Before" counter so it is hard to have an "After" counter. Here is what seems to me and others i have chatted with.
First the removal of the "Treasure Chest" which gave some very nice free rewards just for being online and checking regularly.
It was nice to get something that was free and that you didn't have to work for hours at or spend diamonds on.
Then the number of "incidents" dropped -- everyone noticed this. And while the incidents did seem to offer more medals than before, they also gave you coins and supplies more often -- when what you are hoping for is FP , diamonds or at least goods. Another disappointment.
Then GE stopped giving as many relics. All of a sudden people are having to level up the Temple of Relics a whole bunch of times.
A lot of people have noticed this too. It also SEEMS to me that the rewards are crappier. Once i found 4 silver relics and they were all face of the ancient. Another time, out of 4 relics, all 4 were useless low-level BP's.
Another change I have noticed, is the quality of the treasure chests in GE. Now it could just be me having a run of bad luck because i never really paid that much attention to the % chances of each before, but lately , the chest having been "rewarding" me with a LOT of coins and supplies. Again the FP or Diamonds or TF or even goods are now quite a low percent chance. (e.g. 35% coins, 35% supplies, 10% and 5% of the other stuff).
Another unpleasant inovation has been the introduction of "fragments" So you don't even win a reward! You win some fragments (usually about 15-30%) of some future and perhaps unlikely reward. The fragments are not only "rewards" in events but even in Daily challenges.
The overall effect on my pleasure playing this game, is to make me feel kinda frustrated, pretty much most of the time. Is it not possible to make things more FUN and more LIKELy to be pleasureable rather than frustrating and meager?

DeletedUser111359

You're just on a run of bad luck, at worst. I've noticed nothing of the sort.

That being said, I'm sure you'll get a whole greek chorus of "me too's" of people whining about not getting as much free stuff as they want.

DeletedUser112745

Nope, sorry OP, I haven’t noticed any of what you’ve stated, I’m afraid.

Incidents:
Everyone gets between 10 and 15 incidents per day of varying rarity. You cannot get more than 15 in a day. If they expire before you collect them, then it’s just tough luck.
Yesterday a rare incident gave me diamonds. The day before that I got quite a decent amount of goods and medals. Today however they’re a bit “meh”. It happens, nothing has changed.
Look here to see which incidents have a chance to give what:
https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Incidents

GE:
This current GE I’ve gotten two gold relics containing 100fps each and a jade relic containing a Terrace Farm. In comparison to last week, I didn’t get anything in relics worth writing about. It happens, there’s nothing new here.

I’m going to quote a post I wrote elsewhere about someone who was struggling with FPs from tavern visits, also applies here:
It's pure luck and randomness.

A little exercise for you.
1) Grab a couple of dice.
2) Think of a number.
3) Roll them.
Did you correctly guess the number they add up to? Most of the time the answer is no. Because there are more numbers than guesses. But every uncommon time that the answer is yes, reward yourself with a chocolate.
This is how randomness and luck works.

As human beings we tend to be addicted to looking at the negative side of things. Negative experiences about a hotel or restaurant, for example, seem to stick in our minds more than positive ones. That is what is happening here, you’re turning the fact that rare rewards are rare into negativity, when nothing has even changed at all. When you have some time, Google “Negativity Bias” for some scientific studies into this.

DeletedUser

I really like the incidents also how they were integrated in the fall event.
Nice things sometimes :)

Galladhorn

Monarch
The chance of winning awards might change or be modified as the game progresses – once there were no rewards on the amount that can be gained now, and only a few events a year - at some events it was not even possbile to reach the full level of the main price(s) before the year or the 2nd year after.

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
Let's also admit that Incidents crush the ever living gak out of the 'ol treasure hunt captain...
It would happen for example, that you get nothing but coins & supplies from the captain. With incidents, I have always gotten at least a couple medal rewards - NEVER a day with 100% coin/supply garbo.
And over the course of a week, I tend to earn an additional 20-50 goods as well, with maybe a handful of fps tossed in too. (usually 5-10/week)

DC's if Inno would fix the damn negotiation clusterfeth, are a gold mine of free stuff, often for very little effort.

GE always evens out in the long run...
I've also endured weeks of pain where I seemed to "win" nothing but coins, supplies & the guaranteed troops. (oh, and basic res/production buildings because, why the hell would I ever want diamonds or reno/1-up kits - right?!:rolleyes:)
But then along comes a week like this past week, where I bagged a TF, 1-up kit, 200fp's & nearly 300 diamonds on top of some added goods & bp's.

Events are even more lucrative if you accept that it's better to pick just a couple items to focus on...

DeletedUser

Humans have by nature a better recollection of negative events than for positive ones it seems.

If I win no 100 fp relic I am pretty much like ugh!
When that happens two weeks in a row I am even more ugh!
If I have not one in a month Inno must hate me.

When in one GE I get 4 times 100 fp’s I sort of deserved that already ;)

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I'm pretty sure the rewards have stayed about the same. What changes is the nature of accessing those rewards.

I think it's pointless complaining about poor rewards from DC, GE, incidents etc. Let's face it, everyone is in the same situation; you're not getting a worse deal than other players.

It just comes down to cost/benefit in the end. For me, wasting a load of goods to complete a very complex negotiation with a low chance of a decent reward isn't worth it, but some players may feel differently. Even if incidents give out trivial rewards most of the time, sometimes you get something decent, and it only costs a click. I only do GE to help my guild and for the diamonds - I have an inventory full of nice buildings that I don't have room for, so increasing the chance of getting Terrace Farms for example wouldn't help me.

If other players were getting great stuff and I wasn't, I'd have something to complain about, but otherwise it's ok.

Dogs are always better than humans.

Yes, they are. A ball, I can chase this ball! Awesome. The sun is shining, I can nap in the sun! Awesome. It’s raining, but you let me stay inside, and I nap on your feet! Awesome!

Human, me included: Free stuff! But geez, it is not what I wanted, not as good as yesterday. Bah. Must complain.

I think I will go nap in the sun with my dog.

DeletedUser109475

There was a time medals had to be earned and there was no other option. Whilst the quantity awarded in incidents might not go far towards an expansion, the weekly total can easily exceed the amount won in the towers.

Emberguard

Legend
I have not noticed any change in incidents.

I have never had to lvl up my temple of relics further then it already was and if memory serves well the highest temple I own is lvl 4.

I would not be surprised if there have been slight tweaks in the output of a reward, but nothing I'd complain about or have data on. The temple is still worth its investment.

The treasure hunt is a shame it disappeared but the incidents replaced it.

DC I'm not hugely worried about if it costs goods. It's meant to be a extra on the side not your main game. It took since from the DC introduction sometime during the last year until just yesterday before I gained a full Maharajah set purely from DC. Without DC I'd have zero pieces from the set.

Some players have more resources then others. This will always be a fact. Higher attack bonus, more goods, more FPs, more population, Etc. I'm just happy I don't have to buy FPs from DC

Funny thing is only my main worlds have the resources to negotiate and fight, but they're also the only worlds I had been doing DC on before those functions were added onto DC. I don't expect the youngest cities to be able to complete all of the DC requirements. Tavern silver, fighting and negotiation will all be a established city requirement. There's no real way around that. Either you have acquired the BPs for fighting GBs before advancing an age or you haven't. Either you've built up your goods reserves or you haven't. Either you're in a guild with resources to spare in helping you find BPs/Goods or you're not.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I have a full extra palace as well via the DC’s super happy with that.
Lovely those DC’s although not likely to earn the palace I love to try ;)

DeletedUser9105

Not only are rewards getting smaller (eg Diamonds from W Wells) but getting charged silly amounts of Diamonds for GE after paying Tavern Silver to get an extra chance. Its hardly worth doing anything much any more because of the costs of everything to do with FoE. I would pay for some Diamonds IF you would stop people stealing for me. That's just immoral, to expect me to spend real money and then some lowlife with too much time, and money and half a brain to steal it from me! As a result this game is splitting in to two camps.Those who buy Diamonds, get all the best rewards and those who don't/cant spend money are treated with rubbish stuff. The number of ONE UP etc rewards I have from GE is a case in point. Really concentrated on the ToR and when I get a rare relic its a ONE UP kit or a Self motivating kit.

Emberguard

Legend
getting charged silly amounts of Diamonds for GE after paying Tavern Silver to get an extra chance.
Could I have a bit of context please as to "silly amounts"? 10 diamonds are easily got back from the GE just through playing GE. How often are you using diamonds and how far are you able to get without them? (lvl wise)

Do you have the goods to negotiate or is it just the extra turns that you're spending diamonds on?

The number of ONE UP etc rewards I have from GE is a case in point. Really concentrated on the ToR and when I get a rare relic its a ONE UP kit or a Self motivating kit.
I take it then you don't have any event buildings in need of a one up? Or if you do then you already get enough one ups from events/DC?

DeletedUser96901

Another unpleasant inovation has been the introduction of "fragments" So you don't even win a reward! You win some fragments (usually about 15-30%) of some future and perhaps unlikely reward. The fragments are not only "rewards" in events but even in Daily challenges.
segments are great

you sure get closer to your building

let's take the SoK

SoK is 5% in the DC in the shrine chest
you need 20 chest to get the building on average. but not for sure.

with fragments chests you SURE get the building after at most 15 chests if you if you always get the worst reward: only 1 fragment
or faster if you don't get the worst.

and in events: it is also great
the thing people don't understand here
they don't replace or reduce the chance of getting the actual building / daily special
they replace the bad rewards: coins, medals, ...
and everybody who thinks that is bad is a fool: you really prefer the terrible things you can get everywhere instead of getting closer to the building ?

so it is great that those fragments are also part of the coming Winter Event
a board with a SoK (when it is daily special) and one SoK fragment instead a board with a SoK and no SoK fragment
(or is there really one person out there who would really prefer the board without the fragment from last year)

and I think we need more fragments in the chests
let's replace all those 10 FP in DC chests with one fragment of something :lol:
(for example in the cherry blossom chest: one fragment of an upgrade kit of it. people would love the replacement)

. I can only give subjective evidence as i never though to have a "Before" counter so it is hard to have an "After" counter.
even if you have the complete data from you that would only be subjective

to give an objective evidence you would need the data of thousands of players

you alone can only show your variance

Not only are rewards getting smaller (eg Diamonds from W Wells)
mine are still throwing out the diamonds on regular basis :blush:

haven't recognize a reduce of the chance

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111359

Not only are rewards getting smaller (eg Diamonds from W Wells) but getting charged silly amounts of Diamonds for GE after paying Tavern Silver to get an extra chance. Its hardly worth doing anything much any more because of the costs of everything to do with FoE. I would pay for some Diamonds IF you would stop people stealing for me. That's just immoral, to expect me to spend real money and then some lowlife with too much time, and money and half a brain to steal it from me! As a result this game is splitting in to two camps.Those who buy Diamonds, get all the best rewards and those who don't/cant spend money are treated with rubbish stuff. The number of ONE UP etc rewards I have from GE is a case in point. Really concentrated on the ToR and when I get a rare relic its a ONE UP kit or a Self motivating kit.

You're playing very badly, it sounds like. I complete GE on 5 worlds every week, and am turning a very healthy diamond profit in the process. Between GE64 and WW/FoY's on 5 worlds I earn about 1000 diamonds a week.

Shad23

Emperor
You're playing very badly, it sounds like. I complete GE on 5 worlds every week, and am turning a very healthy diamond profit in the process. Between GE64 and WW/FoY's on 5 worlds I earn about 1000 diamonds a week.
how much WW an FoY's do you have ?