• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Leonardo DaVinci Event

DeletedUser3707

I'd like this event to be clarified. It's a series of quests, right? How many quests in total?

And is it that each quest asks for a higher and higher amount of medals? ex. something like the first quest asks for 50 medals, and then the last one asks for 500 medals?

DeletedUser

Well without knowing anything about the event except what was in the announcement I'll say: Yes. As many as you can do with the amount of medals you have. Yes. and... yes.

DeletedUser276

unfortunately these are questions your going to have to find out for yourself :) I dont give out spoilers for special events.

DeletedUser11540

If this Q is really just about the number of medal then I guess it's time to go to war :cool:

DeletedUser3157

I sure hope it is, I got some 5k+ medals stocked atm and I aint even got a deal castle(yet).

DeletedUser6965

I would advice to not do any of this quests. The BP u get is random " from your current age or lower."

so it's just a waste of medals.

The answers to ur questions are given in the announcment:
Please note that this event is optional, and no special rewards await you if you choose to complete all Leonardo quests.
How many they will be doesn't matter, nobody (maybe 5players on whole server) have enough medals to do every quest ;) (because all bought expansions, which are much more usefull)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks, but i will pass on your advice.

To some who are in guilds/neighbors of advanced age, that random BP could be a BP of a very low age which makes it very welcome.
To some, who are in the iron age or early middle age, it's pretty much guaranteed which Buildings the random BP will belong to.
To some, that random BP could be the last needed piece to build a GB and saving 200 diamonds or hundreds of forge points
To some, that random BP just adds a second duplicate and a chance to trade
To some, that random BP will keep stocking and is no waste since they will have a use later on.

Not to mention the fact that while some players have already half a dozen or more GB and find them no longer special, tens of thousands of players are still "dying" to get a GB, which makes the BP a valuable reward

DeletedUser

How many they will be doesn't matter, nobody (maybe 5players on whole server) have enough medals to do every quest ;) (because all bought expansions, which are much more usefull)

I hope they made the quest more balanced and not allowing just a handful of players to really follow it/complete it even though, in the end, it does not provide you with a special reward. I frequently find myself with nothing to do while waiting for a new tech to finally unlock or to gather enough coins, so the Leonardo quest was great news. I have a small stock of medals left, even though I've used quite a lot to unlock expansions with them and will be very disappointed if I were willing but unable to take part. :(

While it should not be easy, it should not be nearly impossible either (the scenario which you have depicted above).

On a final note, I think this is a good opportunity to motivate players to try out other aspects of the game (if they haven't so far), e.g. battles, be it pvp or conquering the map instead of negotiating each sector. However, I say this with an uneasy feeling, waiting for the 'pacifists' to crush me any minute now.

DeletedUser

On a final note, I think this is a good opportunity to motivate players to try out other aspects of the game (if they haven't so far), e.g. battles, be it pvp or conquering the map instead of negotiating each sector. However, I say this with an uneasy feeling, waiting for the 'pacifists' to crush me any minute now.

I'm one of them pacifists but don't worry, the most you'll get from me is a hug :)
Personally though, I have tried battling, occasionally I do take out a province by force if it seems impossible to get the required goods anytime soon. I really don't want to pick on all the little guys in my hood though :P And I don't really find the battles enjoyable. So I'll just be happily passing this event, unless my 200 or such medals from donating to GBs will allow me to finish a quest or two :) Hoping the costs start low ^_^

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser

its a shame that the bps are completely random for quest .it would have been nice if there was a 1 in 7 chance of picking the gb a random bp for and a 1 in 20 of picking what ever bp you want . as this small incentive would probably make the event lot better recieved =)

DeletedUser

I'm one of them pacifists but don't worry, the most you'll get from me is a hug :)

You are definitely one of the friendly pacifists, Mutzena! ;)

I agree that battling is not for everybody and I certainly don't mean to push it onto anybody. However, it has some great advantages, e.g. medals for expansions and conquering the map when you don't have the goods (amounts of goods required are getting greater and greater with each age :( ).

And yes, the little guys should be given the chance to grow... unless they start attacking first :p

DeletedUser6965

Of course the first and maybe 2nd and 3rd quest can be done by nearly everyone ;)

But I thougt of the new Droprate. Now it is possible to get ~one blueprint (or even more , and sometimes 0) per day. and this Blueprint is not so random, it is from the age of the building u pol/mot/plunder. so it's like a 1/18 chance to get exactly the BP u need from this age.
The medal quest will have a worse chance, regarding on ur current age. So maybe u could do 1 to 3 quests, but not more. They are not worth the amount of medals, just buy expansions.

Of course it's better than nothing :) But I really hoped for a better use of medals to buy BP. Maybe like "spend 1000medals" to get the one BP u need...

But we will make the best out of it :)

DeletedUser

I think, from the patch notes, that being able to 'spend' medals in a quest is a new thing and they just want to play with the feature.

With no end-of-quest-line reward, they aren't really trying to get people to do all of the quests. If a person's situation means they would be happier trading medals for blueprints, great! If not, no harm either, you lose nothing by not participating.

Everybody should be happy, no reasons to complain. Alea iacta est, c'est la vie. Hakuna matata. Can't we all just get along?

DeletedUser556

I've done first 3 quests.
I got 2 Notre Dame BP and 1 Deal Castle BP.

Ironically these are exactly the only GBs I have built in my town. Until now useless.

DeletedUser3200

I just did the pay medals for BPs
Paid 20 medals and got the centre piece for Notre Dame
OK, not got any others for that GB, it's a start I suppose
Paid 40 medals to do it again
GUESS WHICH PIECE OF WHICH GB I GOT!!!
This game...

DeletedUser9701

So far, I got

1 new BP for St. Marks
1 new BP for St. Basil

and new 1 BP for Statue of Zues

Not a bad haul.

DeletedUser

Did the 1st quest in both the worlds I play and not clicking 'Pay' again. I'd rather save my precious medals for the expansions. The odds of getting the one last BP of the GB I wanna make is way too low. Even 2:1 trade thingy is better than that and I'm not using even that for GBs I have less than 3 BPs left. *goes off to donate more forge points*

DeletedUser556

Ok the odds are really low.
Let's think about the ideal situation where this quest could be "useful".
You got 8/9 BP for the GB you want.

Let's assume you are in Colonial Age.

There are 12 Great Buildings and 9 blueprints each. That means 108 possibilities.
Now let's do the math:
-> You got 8.33% chance to get a random BP for the desired GB.

Now if you have 8/9 and you need 1 more the chance drops further:
-> 0.925% to get it.

I got 3 BP for medals and I stopped.
To pay 250 medals for a random BP, that may not even be for the GB I want, is far too high.
It's waaay cheaper(only FP) and slower (ofcourse) to get them by contributing to other GB. <--- I prefer this method.
I got 2 GB built and another 3 GB with 4-5 BPs so I'm on the right track. In 1 month I will another 2 GBs.

Patience is a virtue :)

PS: I am not complaining or anything. Just stating some facts and personal opinions.