• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Legionnaire squashed in two hits by Great Sword Warrior?

DeletedUser109385

No way. It is well known that legionaire will allways kill great sword warrior. No matter how many ages is their difference, heavy unit will allways kick light unit.
That's not true at all, try it yourself, you will see that legionnaire will be killed just by two hits from great sword warrior

DeletedUser105544

That's not true at all, try it yourself, you will see that legionnaire will be killed just by two hits from great sword warrior
One of my legionnaires has killed two great sword warriors alone, all by himself, but it was centurion, a veteran. He threw his pillum at one of them and knock him out first, and than slashed the other one with his gladius. I dont know, maybe those your legionnaires were fresh recruites and unexpirienced, ot mine was just lucky.

DeletedUser104843

Just to be a pain I would like to bring up the reality of History. this game is supposed to represent history right?

Well if you were to actually take a genuine Roman Legionnaire and pit him against a genuine French greatsword warrior you would find yourself standing in front of a dead Frenchman. Roman legionnaires were highly trained for up to 3 years before they were even allowed to enter a battle. The vast majority of Greatswords on the other hand were actually just poor farmer idiots who got drafted and handed a whopping big sword they could barely swing ( yes some were trained swordsmen but they were the generals who never actually entered battle so don't count). the legionnaire would have them skewered before they got the first swing in and even if they did manage a swing they would find their sword stuck in the Legionnaires shield which was designed to trap such weapons and make them unusable. the legionnaire now stands in front of an unarmed, unarmoured quivering mess of a man begging for his life which would be immediately cut short

Don't change the stats at this stage because it would just make things messy for the game but lets all acknowledge the superiority of the Legionnaire at least :)

DeletedUser105544

In that case mounted archers should be the toughest among all units from Bronze Age to Late Middle Ages because Scythians, Huns, Avars, Mongols and Tatars, with their hores and bows only, used to kick everything on their way during that period :D

DeletedUser109385

True, the
Just to be a pain I would like to bring up the reality of History. this game is supposed to represent history right?

Well if you were to actually take a genuine Roman Legionnaire and pit him against a genuine French greatsword warrior you would find yourself standing in front of a dead Frenchman. Roman legionnaires were highly trained for up to 3 years before they were even allowed to enter a battle. The vast majority of Greatswords on the other hand were actually just poor farmer idiots who got drafted and handed a whopping big sword they could barely swing ( yes some were trained swordsmen but they were the generals who never actually entered battle so don't count). the legionnaire would have them skewered before they got the first swing in and even if they did manage a swing they would find their sword stuck in the Legionnaires shield which was designed to trap such weapons and make them unusable. the legionnaire now stands in front of an unarmed, unarmoured quivering mess of a man begging for his life which would be immediately cut short

Don't change the stats at this stage because it would just make things messy for the game but lets all acknowledge the superiority of the Legionnaire at least :)
True, the thing I hate about this game is that history is not real in this game, in reality a Roman Legionnaire will make mince meat out of the great sword warrior for lots of reasons but I am not bothered to name them all. The "Iron age" as the game calls it is not the period during the Roman Empire, the Iron age in reality was the time of people using Irons and Romans did not exist during the Iron age. The game should should have a different name for the period of the Roman Empire like they can call it the Roman Era. But anyway we know InnoGames dosen't care about real History, they are just too busy relaxing, beign famous and making money.

I say, if this game was to represent real history then you could have won using the legionnaire all the way till Colonial age ;)

One of my legionnaires has killed two great sword warriors alone, all by himself, but it was centurion, a veteran. He threw his pillum at one of them and knock him out first, and than slashed the other one with his gladius. I dont know, maybe those your legionnaires were fresh recruites and unexpirienced, ot mine was just lucky.
Lol, yeah I will have to train my Legionnaires harder than ever! They will be sooooooo powerful that they can take out 100 stupid great sword warriors all alone :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

I say, if this game was to represent real history then you could have won using the legionnaire all the way till Colonial age ;)
I say if this game was to represent history then all cities would be burned to the ground each time they only have 2 spearfighters fighting for them :lol:

and I can't remember a war where only 8 men fought on each side :lol:
(only one famous war: one against one)

DeletedUser105544

Tommorow and Future can't be concerned as history. I think these two ages should be deleted, or frozen until the next century at least, and in the meantime it is even possible that devs repair daily calculation lag.:rolleyes: