• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Legionnaire squashed in two hits by Great Sword Warrior?

DeletedUser109385

In my opinion Legionnaires should have a defense value of 17 and attack 10, I was pretty shocked that a heavy unit(Legionnaire) got killed so easily by a light unit(Great Sword Warrior), I personally think they should change the Legionnaire's stats so they actually have a chance of standing up against Great Sword Warrior, what do you guys think?

DeletedUser15372

iron age heavy unit versus late middle age light unit? It's fair there.

DeletedUser12400

Seems fair to me as well.. and increasing legionnaires stats would make imbalance between other units.

DeletedUser96901

In my opinion Legionnaires should have a defense value of 17 and attack 10
mine should have 170 and 100
the map would be much easier then :lol:

but they have 13 defense +4 against heavy = 17

Great Sword Warriors have 25 attack
easy 2 hit kill

what do you guys think?
I think you should start thinking

why should an iron age unit be able to beat an late middle age unit :rolleyes:
at least not without GB. but if you get 90% attack boost (which also increases the defense value when attacking) then it could need 3 hits to kill it (or maybe you need some more percentage for that)

DeletedUser96869

How about diamond tipped spearmen that can wipe out any unit in one swift attack

DeletedUser109385

Seems fair to me as well.. and increasing legionnaires stats would make imbalance between other units.
True...but still increasing their stats will still not be higher or have the same stats as great sword warrior

mine should have 170 and 100
the map would be much easier then :lol:

but they have 13 defense +4 against heavy = 17

Great Sword Warriors have 25 attack
easy 2 hit kill

I think you should start thinking

why should an iron age unit be able to beat an late middle age unit :rolleyes:
at least not without GB. but if you get 90% attack boost (which also increases the defense value when attacking) then it could need 3 hits to kill it (or maybe you need some more percentage for that)
Beacuse Legionnaire is a heavy unit, lol, even increasing the legionnaire's stats to attack 10 and defense 17 will still not be enough to beat great sword warrior if you think about it not me :-D so when fighting a great sword warrior the Legionnaire will have attack value of 14 and defense value 21 which really still not enough to beat great sword warrior so at least legionnaires will be A LITTLE BIT MORE USEFUL BUT NOT COMPLETELY USEFUL, you see what I mean?

How about diamond tipped spearmen that can wipe out any unit in one swift attack
Never heard of that diamond tipped spearmen

How can it possibly be fair?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5180

In my opinion Legionnaires should have a defense value of 17 and attack 10, I was pretty shocked that a heavy unit(Legionnaire) got killed so easily by a light unit(Great Sword Warrior), I personally think they should change the Legionnaire's stats so they actually have a chance of standing up against Great Sword Warri or, what do you guys think?
im quoting your OP but its really your subsequent posts where you are clearly not seeing what is being pointed out to you.

iron age troops are not intended to beat lma troops, if they were then there would be no need for ema or hma troops and the whole game becomes inbalanced.

DeletedUser109385

im quoting your OP but its really your subsequent posts where you are clearly not seeing what is being pointed out to you.

iron age troops are not intended to beat lma troops, if they were then there would be no need for ema or hma troops and the whole game becomes inbalanced.
I am not saying Iron Age troops should beat LMA troops, my point is to make Iron age troops be more resistant to LMA still Iron age troops are going to get beaten

DeletedUser100832

try using 1 legionnaire 7 rogues against 8 GSW's

you might win still if you are clever

DeletedUser96901

try using 1 legionnaire 7 rogues against 8 GSW's

you might win still if you are clever
I remember the good old days where we could win with 8 archers against 8 GSWs :lol:
yes they were a little be unbalanced and a rebalancing was done later
(and I guess we could even win against the colonial age troops with those archers. too bad that at that time the research ended after late middle age)

but that was at the beginning of the game before GBs, rogues and co existed

Last edited by a moderator:

mrbeef

Lieutenant-General
And STILL...Rail Guns can't hit Drone Swarms on their first turn...is there ANYONE competent that works for INNO Games?

DeletedUser109385

InnoGames are usally very strict into changing things, they are....well I better not say it ;)

DeletedUser5180

I am not saying Iron Age troops should beat LMA troops, my point is to make Iron age troops be more resistant to LMA still Iron age troops are going to get beaten
why should they be more resistant to troops that are 3 ages further advanced?

DeletedUser96901

if you could use iron age until late middle age it would make early middle age and high middle age units completely useless

but the game wants:
iron age: iron age units
early middle age: early middle age units
high middle age: high middle age units
late middle age: late middle age units

and it is part of the game that units become useless and players build better units