• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Is this Happening to you ?

Emberguard

Legend
Yeah... but at least I'd have actually won something with less lanterns then I've currently spent and won nothing!

DeletedUser109429

Ok PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FOE Look at this. Same thing every week, just asking you WHAT IS THE POINT ? The game get`s very forgetable if its GROUNDHOG DAY ????? Spend all the time you want making TV adverts, enjoy yourselves on You tube but at the end of the day its your product that really counts at the minute it is very forgetable unless you are in IRON AGE

waaaaaahhhhhhh?????????

DeletedUser109429

i am playing the spring event at the moment and what gets to me is that every single time i have opened any of the (whatever they are called) i have gotten the worst 'prize' going! what is the point in spending time gathering goods, diamonds and whatever else for these damn quest events if you are only going to get crap? it took a solid 2 months before i got anything of worth from the ToR too. and even in the 4 'boss houses' you rarely get anything of any worth! FoE is going down the toilet very quickly, almost to the point where i am seriously considering leaving my post as founder/leader! i have played FoE for well over 2 years and this is the very worse it has been. one has to wonder if inno actually read any of our posts in any case, but eve they do, are they doing anything about it?
rant over, for now

Thomas Covenent

Lieutenant-General
i am playing the spring event at the moment and what gets to me is that every single time i have opened any of the (whatever they are called) i have gotten the worst 'prize' going! what is the point in spending time gathering goods, diamonds and whatever else for these damn quest events if you are only going to get crap? it took a solid 2 months before i got anything of worth from the ToR too. and even in the 4 'boss houses' you rarely get anything of any worth! FoE is going down the toilet very quickly, almost to the point where i am seriously considering leaving my post as founder/leader! i have played FoE for well over 2 years and this is the very worse it has been. one has to wonder if inno actually read any of our posts in any case, but eve they do, are they doing anything about it?
rant over, for now
The 'best' way to arguably avoid the 'randumb' end of the stick; Don't spend any lanterns until the back end of the event!!

Due to how rng's & probability variance work, you have a more likely chance at winning what you want the more 'attempts' you make...
If you're only saving up 300-400 lanterns or so, then buying 4-5 chests, you WILL on average come out much worse than someone who saved up 1200 lanterns and can make 12-14+ attempts!

Or, to put it in simple terms...
If I roll a D6 10 times in a row, the odds me getting at least one '6' is far, far worse than if I make 100 attempts in a row. :P

Agent327

Overlord
rant over, for now

Why would they read posts like this? You get a random chance at winning something and you must be a complete idiot to think that gives you the right to win the best prize every time all the time.

DeletedUser110708

you would moan if you get rewarded in your job randomly :rolleyes:

players don't want random

random 20%. 65 lanterns. why ?
could be so easy.sure 100%. 350 lanterns
people would be happy
and if you look exactly at my numbers that would be more expensive ;)

Well that is a totally different conversation. Haven't thought about it but would tend to agree. I certainly would prefer to pay more with a higher certainty of getting prize x.

BUT

right now it is random.

20% is one in 5. It is hardly surprising you get all the junk prizes when the odds of getting them are 80%.

DeletedUser109429

Why would they read posts like this? You get a random chance at winning something and you must be a complete idiot to think that gives you the right to win the best prize every time all the time.
well, thanks for calling me a complete idiot buddy. but my point is that there has to be an equal % of winning any prize, or at least a more fairer chance. so instead of 14million to one, why not 9million? the odds are still stacked for the poorer prizes, but we get a better chance rather than an almost 0% chance. look, if you have 3 crappy prizes that sap up 92%, the 4th prize only has 8%. yes ok thats obvious, even to an idiot like me (Agent327). but it doesnt leave anything to chance, because of the other 3 prizes you stand a 92% chance of getting one of those. i asked all of my guild members if any of them had had any of the better prizes, and of the 23 members only 3 had managed to get anything worthwhile. so you see Agent327, the odds are stacked heavily against you winning anything of value. but hey, im only an idiot so what do I know

DeletedUser106696

same stuff time after time after time,, i now have a combined total of 142 faces of ancient and gates of sun god that i will never build.
PLEASE!!! give us some worthwhile prizes! anything other than this worthless junk. Even troops or goods would be better than this junk we are getting.
and they wonder why players are leaving???
just on my server, per FOEDB, 6,000 active players and 21,000 inactive players...geee i wonder why??

So why don't you turn them into another random prize in the recurring happy quest... who knows, you may end up with a small handful of coins for all your effort of building and trashing them... 8-)

Agent327

Overlord
well, thanks for calling me a complete idiot buddy. but my point is that there has to be an equal % of winning any prize, or at least a more fairer chance. so instead of 14million to one, why not 9million? the odds are still stacked for the poorer prizes, but we get a better chance rather than an almost 0% chance. look, if you have 3 crappy prizes that sap up 92%, the 4th prize only has 8%. yes ok thats obvious, even to an idiot like me (Agent327). but it doesnt leave anything to chance, because of the other 3 prizes you stand a 92% chance of getting one of those. i asked all of my guild members if any of them had had any of the better prizes, and of the 23 members only 3 had managed to get anything worthwhile. so you see Agent327, the odds are stacked heavily against you winning anything of value. but hey, im only an idiot so what do I know

I did not call you a complete idiot. I called people who think they have the right to win the best prize every time all the time complete idiots. If you think you are one of those you are calling yourself a complete idiot. I have nothing tyo do with that.

You are whining about crappy prizes that sap up 92%. Did you by any chance notice those other two chests that give you a better chance? Nobody is forcing you to pick the chest with the worst chance. You are doing it all on your own.

DeletedUser6560

Sorry i haven't found the proper place for this post. I did look promise. Anyway this is about Grief-endal :P Can anyone in that world make water or Algae? No-one has sold any for ages. Is there a bottle neck on that world? There must be others looking for them, yet there are never any for sale.

DeletedUser112745

Sorry i haven't found the proper place for this post. I did look promise. Anyway this is about Grief-endal :P Can anyone in that world make water or Algae? No-one has sold any for ages. Is there a bottle neck on that world? There must be others looking for them, yet there are never any for sale.
Try the Greifental world section of the forum, chap. Might have more luck finding people from that world there. :)
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?forums/greifental.67/

I’m just guessing people are short on resources right now, especially refined ones, due to all the “donate X goods to the guild treasury” quests in the latest event questline.

DeletedUser10851

Just a repeat of what I said in a similar thread

I have been playing this FoE for around 4 years now. Events are not there for your gaming pleasure - they are there to try to get you to spend money on buying diamonds. It is as simple as that. These multi-buildings are designed to take up space - again to try to get you to spend diamond on opening expansions. If you question this, take a look at the top 10 ranked players in your world and see how many "event" buildings they have placed and what types they are. Very few are ever worth any expence.

Some events in the past where "fun" because the prizes were worthwhile and you had a dang great chance at "winning" with some work. because of the success of players doing events, FoE had changed them. Now you have stupid odds like getting a shrine in a chest at 4% and junk at 35%. Tell me what your more likely to get. FoE is hoping that your the kind of player that will spend thousands in diamond to try to beat the odds. Most of their quests have gone this route so like Agent237 said:
[QUOTE="Agent327, post: 250124, member: 112048"If you do not think it is worth participating don't. Anything else?

And I don't. I am also a non cash player now because of some of the idiot so called enhancements the devs have installed that interfere in game play and take more work than what the original process was - plus the silly odds in events now. If I need a motivation kit I can get that be collecting those things that spawn around our city or do Guild Expedition instead of doing a bunch of quests for a chest that has something good at 5% and a Kit at 55%. No Thanks.

DeletedUser111359

players don't want random

Players that don't want random, are idiots then. Because so much of the game has random elements to it. Battles, GE, DC's, etc. If you don't want random, you're really in the wrong place here.

DeletedUser96901

random battles ?
I win 64 of 64 in GE
with random that would be something like 32 of 64 (50% chance)

so winning all fights as attackers don't have something random for me