• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Inequality in Guild Battlegrounds

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
You're asking the wrong questions. Instead of "why can't i do it", ask "how can i do it".
Strongest wins. And that's how it should be.
how do i stop a strong guild from pinning us down and letting a weak guild steal 2nd place from us ? we should of won 2nd spot easy but because we was up against a power house of a guild they could pick and choose who they will let win spots, so for us we ended up in 3rd being laughed at by such a weak guild who just hid behind the strong guild ?
how is that the strongest wins ?
this happens now time and time again even 3 guilds working together to keep other guilds out
it couldn't of happened if we was playing how gbg used to be and strong fighters could take sector after sector, they could challenge all the sectors and make a fight of it
the only good thing in gbg now is inno diamond sales as it seems to be a requirement now for big guilds to use diamonds from the moment gbg starts !!!!

Morb

Private
how do i stop a strong guild from pinning us down and letting a weak guild steal 2nd place from us ? we should of won 2nd spot easy but because we was up against a power house of a guild they could pick and choose who they will let win spots, so for us we ended up in 3rd being laughed at by such a weak guild who just hid behind the strong guild ?
how is that the strongest wins ?
this happens now time and time again even 3 guilds working together to keep other guilds out
it couldn't of happened if we was playing how gbg used to be and strong fighters could take sector after sector, they could challenge all the sectors and make a fight of it
the only good thing in gbg now is inno diamond sales as it seems to be a requirement now for big guilds to use diamonds from the moment gbg starts !!!!

That's called diplomacy. You can have stronger fighters individually, but that doesn't mean you're a better team. If you think otherwise, prove it on the battleground.
No, it's not an requirement to buy diamonds. If you have a close knit team with 10-20 players, everyone can use diamonds once per start of the round to get an edge over the other teams. I earn around 400-500 diamonds per round, so it's enough to sustain 1 finished building per round.
What's keeping you from doing the same?

- Ellie -

Sergeant
That's called diplomacy. You can have stronger fighters individually, but that doesn't mean you're a better team. If you think otherwise, prove it on the battleground.
No, it's not an requirement to buy diamonds. If you have a close knit team with 10-20 players, everyone can use diamonds once per start of the round to get an edge over the other teams. I earn around 400-500 diamonds per round, so it's enough to sustain 1 finished building per round.
What's keeping you from doing the same?
It isn't always like you say, Diplomacy, there is inherent bullying in the game regardless of what some may say, if your face doesn't fit they demonise you and this is a fact, those selfish players keep at you constantly to wear you down and yes, you can try and ignore and rise above but that doesn't stop them. I would still say it's far too easy to fall into diamond league and end up with some extremely horrible guilds, not all are the same, it's just afew who spoil it for everyone else. @Despyte, this happened to us, a far weaker guild was 3rd because the large guild renowned for using their bots wouldn't allow us to finish in any decent place and yes we are a small guild with players who do have very busy RL's so we're not going to be any match for these who eat up the entire board in half an hour, but in all due fairness, what we manage to do is a lot for us, why shouldn't we have the opportunity to get the frags for the main building, in retrospect we still put in that effort albeit tiny in comparison.

Morb

Private
It isn't always like you say, Diplomacy, there is inherent bullying in the game regardless of what some may say, if your face doesn't fit they demonise you and this is a fact, those selfish players keep at you constantly to wear you down and yes, you can try and ignore and rise above but that doesn't stop them. I would still say it's far too easy to fall into diamond league and end up with some extremely horrible guilds, not all are the same, it's just afew who spoil it for everyone else. @Despyte, this happened to us, a far weaker guild was 3rd because the large guild renowned for using their bots wouldn't allow us to finish in any decent place and yes we are a small guild with players who do have very busy RL's so we're not going to be any match for these who eat up the entire board in half an hour, but in all due fairness, what we manage to do is a lot for us, why shouldn't we have the opportunity to get the frags for the main building, in retrospect we still put in that effort albeit tiny in comparison.
I salute you for doing good in GBG despite having a small guild! Keep up the good work!
You forgot to mention amazing loot you get from Diamond league. I earn around 5k FP each season just from gbg fights. That's 400+ fp per day. Add to that diamonds, goods, troops. I don't remember the exact number of FP per fight, but it was something around 1FP/fight (true FOE fans can correct me on this:)). That's freaking amazing!
And why you don't deserve the frags from the main building? Because you're not good enough. Effort equals the reward. Only the best should be exposed to the highest rewards. That's how it is in FOE, other games and any sphere in life. If it was any different, we would not survive as a civilization.

Why not admire and celebrate someone succeeding? Millions of people watch Olympic games and celebrate the victories of strongest, despite not being athletes themselves.

- Ellie -

Sergeant
I disagree that we're not good enough, that's utter BS, how can a tiny guild with some 5 or 6 possible fighters match one of 60 players though they were merely half that the night before BG started, this is hardly anything like the olympic games and a little absurd to relate to it in this way, I guess it's just troll time again and barely worth the effort even mentioning it here. The fact remains that two larger guilds joined together the night before so that gives them the upper hand, it's rather like the greedy corporates, maybe I should shut up now.

Morb

Private
I disagree that we're not good enough, that's utter BS, how can a tiny guild with some 5 or 6 possible fighters match one of 60 players though they were merely half that the night before BG started, this is hardly anything like the olympic games and a little absurd to relate to it in this way, I guess it's just troll time again and barely worth the effort even mentioning it here. The fact remains that two larger guilds joined together the night before so that gives them the upper hand, it's rather like the greedy corporates, maybe I should shut up now.
Finish 5th in 1000LP games and win lower bracket games of Diamond league. There, you have your deserved frags.

Posting on behalf of the many - using the words of the few.... interested in viewpoints and feedback
The new GBG does not make any allowance for the size of the guilds drawn together in the different leagues. Being promoted to diamond league is actually a punishment for the smaller guilds whereby they cannot use their full potential because they are penned in by a big guild, therefore LOSING ONE WEEKS WORTH OF GROWTH for every week they are in that league, so the stronger get stronger and gap gets bigger and there is no way for newer players to catch them!
If Inno look at the stats ALL the big guilds (high level players and a large number of members) are always in the top league, everyone else falls in and out of it, which proves the system is floored.
The only way to get through this is to increase the number of players and higher level of players in ones guild, but this too is floored because there is only a certain number of players within each world. If all guilds effectively merge, then no one will be able to move on the campaign map and no one will be able to earn points, but in the meantime the big boys are getting bigger and the up and comings are having their future limited and DICTATED to by the larger guilds, and not the designers of this game! This is in effect ripping the heart out of the fun of the game for anyone who is mid table or lower, and suffocating the newcomers, which in turn will kill the game for everyone, since its designed to evolve and grow!

Have they looked at using the points of the guild to measure who they should be competing against?
If the points of each player in a guild are added together and THEN put in to the appropriate league it would mean "like v like" giving the newer players a real chance to grow in and amongst like-levelled guilds.
Currently the chatter is to merge guilds just so they have a chance to compete, that will rip out the heart and sole of this game, if the calculation is based on points within a guild then it would encourage smaller guilds and more battles, near equal or more level playing field for all, isn't that what Inno is about?
I'm in a guild with mostly newbies. We're not very competitive. When we're in platnum league, everybody gets lots of fights and we all have fun. Once we're promoted to diamond league, we're pinned into our base. The game really does need a better match making system

Morb

Private
I'm in a guild with mostly newbies. We're not very competitive. When we're in platnum league, everybody gets lots of fights and we all have fun. Once we're promoted to diamond league, we're pinned into our base. The game really does need a better match making system
There's a big difference between 1000LP games and 901+LP games. Are you playing for one season in Diamond against 1000LP or lower bracket of Diamond?

KronikPillow

Sergeant
So I just got here and regards this balancing business, how can you honestly match guilds together when there are those who jump at the last moment for a season and so that their guild ends up twice the size and the smaller guilds don't stand one iota of a chance, please tell me how that is fair, it's utter nonesense and dreadful state of affairs, it seems even worse in diamond league while going for the main building fragments, there is no possible chance when the larger guilds dictate which guilds shall end up 1st 2nd and 3rd.
Seems like your living in wonderland and fantasy, cuz such things do not happen on our server, or not that i have noticed ... your saying people jump to bigger guilds at last moment and leave small guilds half empty at last moment, that's quite funny, cuz all big guilds, are already full in membership on our server :D So, i guess they jump to be guildless :D

KronikPillow

Sergeant
GBG is not balanced, the League system is flawed, 6 leagues in a total of 1000 MMR, while 3-4 wins bring you from Bronze to Diamond, but we already pointed out Inno's failure in design of GBG many times, plus we'v pointed out the failure of the new ranking system, where a small guild who has no fight power, can end up top 1 by having a few easy seasons while big guilds fight each other for dominance, to be defeated by small guilds with 0 competition on rankings ... We'v also pointed out the flaw in the idea of ... spending diamonds like crazy to win a championship, and secure Top 1, just to realize that a few weeks later, your victory means nothing, and that a 25 member guild (Ascent) can end up in top 1-2-3 by having easy seasons, with no diamonds spent ...

but we have to admit, the new GBG system is brilliantly designed as a money grab from Innos side, we all took the bait, and wasted a couple of K euros on each side, believing victory does matter ... to bad the players are smart, and see what's going on, and that those kinds of things will not happen for a longer period, it will only happen until all open their eyes, what a scam this new GBG ranking system is, and how it's a pure money grab

- Ellie -

Sergeant
This is preciely what I was speaking of, Thank you for your sensible and kind comments.

KronikPillow

Sergeant
This is preciely what I was speaking of, Thank you for your sensible and kind comments.
my sensible kind comments? are you really not able to see that you started to insult me just cuz i told you that what your saying is funny and is not even happening on G world? Seriously, take a look in the mirror, and bypass me until you check reality

KronikPillow

Sergeant

You can edit the message all you want to make you look innocent ... but i already have a screenshot of what you really wrote cuz you know, i was always smarter then you and 3 steps ahead

screenshot attached in Attached Files, for moderators to review, and everyone else to see the truth of your lies and manipulations, but nice try Ellie

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    546.9 KB · Views: 20

Vesiger

Monarch
You can edit the message all you want to make you look innocent ... but i already have a screenshot of what you really wrote cuz you know, i was always smarter then you and 3 steps ahead

screenshot attached in Attached Files, for moderators to review, and everyone else to see the truth of your lies and manipulations, but nice try Ellie
Apparently you can't tell the difference between message 491 (screenshot - and still unedited) and message 493 (quoted)?

- Ellie -

Sergeant
There's nothing smart about bullies, he won't leave me alone, picks on me wherever I move, GVG and such, he sided with some vile player called davv and has taken all his lies to heart and gives him the red carpet treatment, best of buddies now, if he understood the truth of the matter but he refuses to, he's made his own mind up and has been on my case ever since, you would think he would srop it after 3-5 years, clearly this player has nothing better to do.

KronikPillow

Sergeant
lol, I haven't had contact with this person for years, she's delusional, me won't leave her alone? Look at her, she's on a rampage ever since i'v made a comment ... stalker ... obsessed ... nor do i care 1 bit about her, she screenshoted there what i responded, but I am wondering if she'd like me to screenshot that entire c onversation, to again expose her for who she is? and what does your acting a victim right now Ellie, have to do with GBG?

lol, litearally ... she screenshoted a msg from 2021 ... it's 2024 ellie, good thing that i didn't leave you alone ... cmon, i dare you, show the entire screenshot of that convo ... or I will, you have 10 minutes

Agent327

Overlord
lol, I haven't had contact with this person for years, she's delusional, me won't leave her alone? Look at her, she's on a rampage ever since i'v made a comment ... stalker ... obsessed ... nor do i care 1 bit about her, she screenshoted there what i responded, but I am wondering if she'd like me to screenshot that entire c onversation, to again expose her for who she is? and what does your acting a victim right now Ellie, have to do with GBG?

lol, litearally ... she screenshoted a msg from 2021 ... it's 2024 ellie, good thing that i didn't leave you alone ... cmon, i dare you, show the entire screenshot of that convo ... or I will, you have 10 minutes

That is long enough to grab some popcorn.

KronikPillow

Sergeant
Apparently you can't tell the difference between message 491 (screenshot - and still unedited) and message 493 (quoted)?
aparemtly you can' tell the difference between what is written in this post: https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...guild-battlegrounds.42548/page-25#post-468158
and what is in the screenshot ... she insulted me, then edited the message after her insult backfired by me telling her that she's the one using foul mouth, and bullying ... i mean just look at the level of lies and manipulation here displayed...

actions:
KP comments honestly on Ellie feedback, no insults, no bullying
Ellie responts with insults of bullying misogyny and similar
KP responds with take a look in the mirro
Ellie edits her insults, and then responds to "see I made a point, thanks for your kind words"
KP then exposes her for what she just did in previous steps
Ellie then goes on a forum rampage, pulling out a screenshot from Discord in 2021, where she came to my Inbox out of the bloom and simply started to insult me for no reason, and starts acting a victim how I won't leave her alone? WTF? Where do you live? this is pure abuse and lies from her side ...

I DARE ELLIE TO POST ENTIRE SCREENSHOT TO SHOW HOW THAT CONVO HAPPENED, BECASUE I WILL

- Ellie -

Sergeant
THIS is what I was saying Thank you for the kind comments for, not you pillow, get your facts right, why is it always all about you? OMG, get a life.