• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Inequality in Guild Battlegrounds

KronikPillow

Sergeant
They just did something for that in the latest update:

I have not seen this, I'v pretty much quit the game in the last month or so, due to the state of the game, plus ... no real action, against behavior like Ellie displayed, she's not the only one, there are many on G who even put my mother in their mouth on Global ... so, Feels like a lost battle, cuz it simply keeps on going without any real consequence ... same for cheats .... but that is good to see, that Inno is starting to listen to some real feedback ..

wanna bet that i will be punished for reacting, and that the real abuser will get away with it? :)

KronikPillow

Sergeant
They just did something for that in the latest update:

This still looks like not a solved situation, it's not the guilds in the lower leagues that are unfairly placed on rankings, it's the Small guilds in Diamond League that are disrupting rankings by having easy maps, where they can free farm VP with no contest ... if Winning Championship does not matter for rankings, then the end result of this upcoming change, is that nothing has changed ...

it says Victrories in Diamond League will matter, victories in lower will not ... that still means that a real Top guild, can end up on top 3-5-10 or even top 20, by being defeated once in a championship, and that a 25 member guild like Ascent, can end up on Top 1-2 like they did, cuz they gained victories in Diamond, on easy maps while the big guns fought each other, and prevented each other from gaining more VP then Ascent did, or that a guild with 5 won championships can end on top 5-20 by being defeated 1 time in the current championship, even thou they won 0 championships so far

Last edited:

KronikPillow

Sergeant
Can you refer to the Forge of Empires rules that are against building in-game alliances?
It sounds like you're lines between "i don't like it" and "it's against the rules" are blurred.
the rules don't matter what so ever, they are here just for show, and are not really being enforced, people get a slap on their wrist, no matter what they do or how badly they continue to endlessly break rules, so you lose your point with referring to something that is just shenanigans, i mean ... do you know ppl on EN get banned for things that people on US do on a day to day basis? while things that are absolutely in-acceptable seem to slide on a day to day basis,

regarding everything else, your pretty much on point

Morb

Private
only the Victory Points matter, and if you do not rush your camps, they build 3 hours, and you only get 1 hour of VP boosted for free.

If you close a sector less than a minute before VP calculation, you actually get 5 hours worth of VP. So, 2 hours of VP boosted for free.

the rules don't matter what so ever, they are here just for show, and are not really being enforced, people get a slap on their wrist, no matter what they do or how badly they continue to endlessly break rules, so you lose your point with referring to something that is just shenanigans, i mean ... do you know ppl on EN get banned for things that people on US do on a day to day basis? Like ... accuse people of cheats on Global :) but, regarding everything else, your pretty much on point
I apologize, English is not my native language. Are we talking about the same subject? It think I lost you there.
I asked Desypete, what rules are broken, when two guilds form an alliance to beat other guilds in GBG.

Morb

Private
I agree with the opinion that money should not dictate, who wins GBG. Skill, dedication, the capabilities of your "grey", leadership should be the cornerstones of victories. That's an opinion, not a statement.
But if someone decides to "buy" their wins, that's also fine with me. Someone is committed to the game in a level I will never be.
If we keep in mind the nature of humans, we do spend a lot of money on things that have no practical value, yet they fulfill our desire to reach certain milestones, prestige.
I sometimes take fishing to the extremes and empty my pocket for gear, logistics, despite visiting a market and buying fish would require way less resources (money, time).
Maybe someone values that championship win in such a degree they will spend a fortune to achieve it. I have not seen this on B, but I'm playing only since last September.
Back in 2014-2019 during my first FOE phase there was no gbg. I got to say it is wayyyyy more fun now compared to the old times. :)

KronikPillow

Sergeant
If you close a sector less than a minute before VP calculation, you actually get 5 hours worth of VP. So, 2 hours of VP boosted for free.

I apologize, English is not my native language. Are we talking about the same subject? It think I lost you there.
I asked Desypete, what rules are broken, when two guilds form an alliance to beat other guilds in GBG.
Well, I guess your not aware, that the first time G world saw that strategy, was when I was desperate in a losing season vs GENESIS where we were losing 100K 7 days, with 4 days to go, and i came up with that idea on my toilet, while i was thinking how to turn this around ... we turned the season around in 4 days and made a 60K win out of it ... this became our general undefeated strategy, that even up to date, nobody knows how to counter really (me included) except to play the same strategy against the opponent, and be more consistent in it ... but still, 2 hours of VP boosted for free now, vs 5 hours hours of boosted VP with a diamond rush, your still at a disadvantage, then add that enemy is using same strategy, and your toast ... cuz he has more money, doesn't matter that your better, smarter, more strategic, more stronger as a guild, he has more money ... he wins ...

what used to be great about this game in the past, was the fine balance between "Free to Play" and "Pay to Win" ... it was the only game in existance that im aware of, that had a fine line between not giving to much advantage to paid players ... that's now taken a 180 degree shift, now it's just pay to win

yes we are talking about the same subject, your referencing "rules" while ... rules have been a joke here for a long time, cuz they are not enforced, so even if there were rules about GBG, wouldn't matter much as nobody would enforce them

Morb

Private
yes we are talking about the same subject, your referencing "rules" while ... rules have been a joke here for a long time, cuz they are not enforced, so even if there were rules about GBG, wouldn't matter much as nobody would enforce them

No matter if rules are enforced or not, Desypetes's statement "that is called cheating a strong guild out of what it should really of won" is false, accusing innocent players of wrongdoing. And that's not ok.

Morb

Private
After reading a lot of opinions and frustrations about GBG match ups and now having a Plat season, where my guild is intentionally trying to stay in P3 to have a lower Diamond next round, problems of GBG became more apparent to me.

Current system doesn't promote competitive behaviour of guilds:
1) Guilds are exposed to same rewards in 1000LP games and 901LP-999LP (or whatever the max LP can be there);
2) Guilds finishing in P1, P2 in upper Plat can be at an disadvantage compared to P3 and P4 regarding exposure to rewards;
3) Guilds who are aware of this will intentionally "lose", promoting less activity and/or unsportsmanlike behaviour in the upper Plat.

For an average Joe this might not be apparent immediately, how to create the highest probability of getting the best outcome for his small to medium sized guild in this environment, thus creating frustration and illusion of “winning a round is 100% good for us”.

Many guilds (I don’t have real statistics here, just observations) have not picked up on this or are simply ignoring it, creating opportunities for those, who know how to and are willing to adapt to the current situation.

Despite above mentioned, claims that small to medium sized guilds have no chance of getting Diamond league championship building, are false. Of course, the system can and will be (hopefully) adjusted to improve the competitive side of GBG.

Until then our goals as the users of current system are to learn how to adapt to create best outcomes for our guilds and give constructive feedback to the existing problem.

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
I can sympathize with your situation, but you have to understand that on many servers people started leaving big and even mid sized guilds, just so that they can "farm 30K fights in a season every season or 2nd season in small guilds", it disrupted the flow of Personal Rankings, as people in small guilds passed people who are in real competitive guilds, and also have strong accounts, just because of a ability of a endless farm ... I fully agree with Inno's direction that is anti small guild, when it comes to GBG, as it was abused in many ways by many players, and it essentially was the reason for the death of competition in GBG ... while i fully sympathize with the idea, that you can't do absolutely anything on the current map, I will still tell you that I strongly believe that guilds like yours, and people like you, even thou not wanting to be in big competitive guilds, should simply merge with likeminded people and become mid sized guilds who can do something .... as you have to agree, that what I just said above about the abuse of 30K fights in small guilds, rigging of rankings, and elimination of competition, was not the right way to go either ... It's Guild Battlegrounds bro, not Guild Farming grounds ... your not meant to be able to do 30K fights as a solo player, a guild that lets say 50+ members is not supposed to be able to be carried by 10 high active players, and there were many "top guilds" in the days of old GBG, who were exactly that, a guild of 50+ members being carried by 10 high active players who were able to do exactly that ... tons of free fights

add to that that it doesn't make sense to have 60+ guilds in each diamond league, out of which only 2-3 really belong in diamond, cuz the other 57 are small guilds with 1-10 players who can do 30K fights, and the rest of the guild isn't even really active
why would you think its unfair a few good strong fighters are able to knock spots off other guilds ? there ability to fight 30k fights in a season is no mean feat it requires dedication and time and a lot of effort
all that has been done is these fighters now have lost that ability and weaker fighters who would never be able to get to 30k fights in season are now able to live with the strong guys ?
so now its all fair by making strong guys weak and the weak strong
if we follow your way of all merging guilds there will not be many guilds around but i do take the point that all the smaller guilds need more fighters as it stands now
but for me personally i have always been a strong fighter always tried so hard to be the best i can be, always tried to win against the odds of bigger guilds and it gave so much satisfaction to beat guilds who have lots of fighters but they didnt put in the work that was needed, now there is no point i just do my daily fights i can get to, i was able to do at least 125 to 130 attr but the lose in troops is hurting so no point might as well stop around the 100 mark as the loss of troops is ok can be replaced with ease from traz
so the only real winners are the middle guilds who could never do anything much before but now because they have 10 or 20 fighters they can do much better
big guilds are not for me they are usually run by mini dictators who enjoy nothing more than trying to boss others around they have there silly rules which they seem to make up themselves, i have tried a few guilds and nothing gives me the freedom i enjoy than with smaller guilds and using my strong fighting skills had benefited them so its a 2 way street, except of course now its meaningless and this had happend to plenty of smaller guilds who all need more figthers.
i dont know what the answer is other than its killed my spirit for this game after all these years

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
Can you refer to the Forge of Empires rules that are against building in-game alliances?
It sounds like you're lines between "i don't like it" and "it's against the rules" are blurred.
well you know you would be beaten without help how on earth can any players count themselves any good if they can not win in there own right ?

drixe

Private
New BG start, explain to me Mods how is this fun and competetive? after like an hour 2 biggest guilds fight each other, and rest will bearly leave the base.. we can only watch... the matchmaking is broken

logic.png

/edit

This is stats after 5-6 hours, Pity.. they should have not take this one sector so everyone would got 3rd place and be winners, true spirit of championship 8)

logic 2.png

/e

This is how it look at 7 PM, after like 11 hours from start

1708021452238.png
1708021467536.png

Thats pretty fun isn't it?

Top Poland was trying its best but they have got slapped hard and fast to get back to their place where they belongs :)

You can't conquer the power of sweat!

/e

its almost 9 PM and i was watching one sector the one at our base

the start:
prepared.png

after 10-15 seconds
20 sec.png

after 40-60 seconds
30 sec.png

No one will tell me this is working just fine :)

Last edited:

Vesiger

Monarch
I'm not sure there are *any* equals to that sort of guild!
We are matched against the No. 1 guild in Noarsil this round; they had taken the entire board within twenty minutes (when I looked in at 8:20am; probably less). It is now 10:40 PM, and I have been literally unable to fight a single battle today because all neighbouring sectors have always been locked whenever I've tried.
Fortunately they do not seem interested (as yet) in farming, so the rest of us are all slinking round the edges trying to grab single sectors for long enough to beat one another to second place with a few thousand points:D

drixe

Private
I'm not sure there are *any* equals to that sort of guild!
We are matched against the No. 1 guild in Noarsil this round; they had taken the entire board within twenty minutes (when I looked in at 8:20am; probably less). It is now 10:40 PM, and I have been literally unable to fight a single battle today because all neighbouring sectors have always been locked whenever I've tried.
Fortunately they do not seem interested (as yet) in farming, so the rest of us are all slinking round the edges trying to grab single sectors for long enough to beat one another to second place with a few thousand points:D

Yea, matchmaking in this game is broken as f..

'you can get to diamond leauge, gr8, welcome!, u can win the tower!'

BG start: get rolled with 7 inactive or 'noob' guilds - 'hell yea its awesome!'

after 14 days:

BG start: get rolled with 2 best guilds and get on the floor and drink their sweat, and I DARE u if you want to play, not when we are here!"

Someone who invented this kind of matchmaking its no offense but "pure genius"

The only thing this system makes is that I don't want to play this game, maybe QI will be better but we will see, if not, then stupid I bought diamonds for no reason

next day of BG after attrition reset:

1708042000822.png

10/10 will NOT play again

BarraG

Private
This is joke with GBG we can to nothing and INNO have still not fix the ranking system. It is worst now than before so many players I know are not happy unless you are in the top guilds which are limited. It is so easily to get to diamond where it should not be... Is INNO working solution to adjust this or what ?

Agent327

Overlord