• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Incidents on two-lane roads

Vesiger

Monarch
In the course of three or four years (I think) since I first researched two-lane roads I have never consciously seen an incident appear on one, to the extent that I had assumed years ago that this was a game mechanic: events only pop up on single lane roads. But when I mentioned this a lot of other players assured me that on the contrary they got traffic barriers or fallen trees on their two-lane roads all the time, even on a single isolated square of it.

So I'm wondering if one of my other in-game settings can be causing this bug - my immediate guess would be the fact that I have been running for many years with animations turned off, because my tablet grinds to a halt with animations enabled. (On the two or three occasions when I've had to do a complete reinstall of the game I have restarted with them re-enabled by default, enjoyed the novelty of the spectacle for a minute or two, then had the game pop up a warning that it needs to disable them again for performance reasons!)

Unfortunately incidents, being random, are tricky to test. Can anyone else confirm whether they are still getting them on two-lane roads despite having animations disabled? (I suppose there is a possibility that I'm getting invisible incidents and simply failing to collect them because I don't know they're there!)

Meanwhile I shall try re-enabling sound, which I have also had off for years by default...

Knight of ICE

I am getting them on two lane roads and never have had animations enabled. They appear up to Oceanic. There they stop appearing on two way roads, cause those are waterways. It can be they stop appearing from Oceanic on. Not sure about that.

Emberguard

Legend
Are you by any chance in Oceanic Future or higher? Here's a post from back in 2018. It's remained the case for Space Ages as well

DeletedUser [Former Beta Community Manager] said:
So, just to be clear this is not a bug.
What is occurring is we block certain 2x2 road incidents, especially in OF an VF as the incidents (for example a pothole) make no sense on these types of roads.
This doesn't mean you get less incidents, it just means they won't be on your 2x2 roads.

Just to be clear, you should still be getting the 2x2 incidents between Progressive Era - Arctic Future

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
I have a city that is currently in Future Era and it gets incidents on two-lane roads. So they are still a thing.

Vesiger

Monarch
Are you by any chance in Oceanic Future or higher? Here's a post from back in 2018. It's remained the case for Space Ages as well

Just to be clear, you should still be getting the 2x2 incidents between Progressive Era - Arctic Future
Ah - thank you. Yes, I'm well above Arctic Future, which will be why I haven't seen them for years!

Vesiger

Monarch
In reply to my comments about this on Facebook, I found someone who says that she is definitely getting incidents in her Jupiter Moon 2-lane road, which she keeps specifically for the purpose of attracting incidents.
Meanwhile I have been keeping a very careful note and definitely have not seen a single two-lane incident since I originally posted, despite having waited through a reinstall and enabled animations, sounds and music for 36 hours or so....

Knight of ICE

In reply to my comments about this on Facebook, I found someone who says that she is definitely getting incidents in her Jupiter Moon 2-lane road, which she keeps specifically for the purpose of attracting incidents.

Two way road on Jupiter Moon is a Aqueous Street. You can't get incidents on that, so if she does it is a bug.

Vesiger

Monarch
I switched almost all my two-lane road to the Arctic Future tile, and I have to say that I still haven't had any events on it in the last ten days..

shadowblackff

Second Lieutenant
I think you mean incidents. Most likely they are blocking incidents on two-lane roads based on the era you are in. Not based on the era of the road.
I can confirm it is based on the age of the road and not on the age of the city. I have a city in Arctic Future, but all the two-lane roads in it are from The Future. I got a fallen tree incident on a two-lane street just a few minutes ago.

Vesiger

Monarch
I can confirm it is based on the age of the road and not on the age of the city. I have a city in Arctic Future, but all the two-lane roads in it are from The Future. I got a fallen tree incident on a two-lane street just a few minutes ago.
Apparently it was the Oceanic Future where they removed the tree/pothole events from 'water' roads, so you should still be getting them on AF roads in any case.