• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: Improved event history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal: Improve event history.

Reason: The more active you are and the more friends/guild members you have, the more cumbersome your event history gets. Anything to improve the way the info is presented and accessed would be welcome.

Balance/Abuse Prevention: Not applicable.

Ideas/Visual Aids:
1. Add filters, to allow to quickly sifting through the various entries, finding what we need quicker. Here us an illustration of a basic filters implementation, allowing to quickly navigate between social/trade/military entries.(Additionally guild/hood filters can be added etc)
Untitled-7.jpg
2. Make entries more informative. For example an indicator if the user is a guild member, friends or from the hood might be very nice addition. You can use the same icons used at the player ranking(or color the border of the current indicator icon) it will help and not be intrusive, thus no information overload. ETA: Later expanded in post #4

---

Additional improvement:
3. Daiverse, suggested to add a timer since last interaction to various entries (maybe something like the revenge timer?).
4. Illyria, suggested to add a name search(maybe like the one in global rankings?). So that you can quickly check which interactions you had with another given player.
5. falcon93, suggested a new event notifier and quick access icon to even hisotry. Replacing the intrusive 'something has happened' popus with something you can check at your pleasure.#45

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

+1

Would you also like to add the following improvements?

When you 'visit' a town from page 2 of the Event History and return to your town, then you should return to page 2 of the Event History and not page 1 as is currently done.

When you 'visit' a town from the Event History then either 'A' the scroll bar at the bottom should move to contain the town owner's profile or 'B' you should be able to hover over the city name to see the city owner's profile pop up.

When you look at the 'visit town' button in the Event History it should be greyed out if there are no actions available to you at that moment

DeletedUser

Also the event history should also include entries for Tournament conclusion in which you participated. Similar to the way a trade deals are noted after conclusion i.g. Iron Age Tournament is over (your rank #, your reward is)

DeletedUser

While I try to keep up with everyone, when you have 100+ guild members, neighbors and friends, I keep getting a "who on earth is it?!" moments. In this regard the event history is very lacking, it doesn't give me any info about the person, especially if I interacted with him in the past 24 hours. So I keep finding myself forced to the global ranking type his name, find out if he is a neighbor or guild member and quickly scroll to him according to his score.

Ideas:
1. Reaffirm my suggestion from OP #2, to add a guild member/neighbor icon to the event history entry, just like it work in the global ranking. This a simple yet very helpful piece of information.

The icons from global ranking I was referring to in idea #1, they are informative, simple and non intrusive:
Untitled.jpg

2. When I visit the person, the scrollbar should move to focus on him. So if I already interacted with him in the past 24hours, I don't have to guess or search how much time until next interaction. Second, it offers additional info like its rank, it allows me to make of all the scroll bar functions like write msg, locate GB from this screen and llook around.

Untitled.jpg

DeletedUser

Looking at the responses to this thread, is there no one else out there using the Event History? It is a remarkable tool and with some tweaking as in this idea it would become priceless. Don't you want to be able to quickly see who has been doing what and when?

DeletedUser9070

+1
Ive been meaning to post a suggestion like this, it is a problem when you have many players interacting with you, say a friend polished you and you want to return his favour but you have no idea of his # position on social bar, not only you have to remember its on the friend tab (could of been a guildie) then you have to seek through the social bar to find the guy...
It would be much much better if game would automatically change to corresponding tab and center the player portrait for you as you click "visit" from event window.

DeletedUser10126

Totally! Brilliant suggestion.

Also I'd like to see the history go back 7 days rather than the current 5 days.

DeletedUser4202

1+ to this. As of know there is not enough information. I especially like idea 2 since I have no way of knowing is someone is a friend or a member of my empire which is very vital information.

DeletedUser579

This is absolutely exactly what I think about every time I go to my Recent History !
For me it is a MUST DO for the game programmers !
Please give it serious consideration. During the Easter Quest it is driving me MAD chasing round looking for info on who sent me eggs, Motiv8 / Polished etc. I'm losing the last remaining threads of my fast diminishing hair on this.
PLEASE (Pretty Please with knobs on it )DO IT!

DeletedUser

+1000!

I use my event history every day, the ability to split by action, eg Trades, Support Actions (NOT split motivating & polishing but keep them together) and an icon to depict friend/neighbour/guild would be awesome - perhaps even a filter so that you can view support actions by guild ;)

Showing the player in the friend/neighbour/guild bar at the bottom would also be really handy!

Someone mentioned going back to the page you left - I don't expect will be too easy and I quite like seeing most recent first, however, allowing the event viewer to be opened in a separate window like the guild forum would be awesome as it can be minimised to do other things and easily returned to!

DeletedUser579

+1000000000000

This is how my game pans out:-

I open my Event History.

MrX has deposited an Egg! ( now I recognise the name, is he a guildie, friend or in my neigbourhood?) I hit 'visit'
after my ( not very fast ) screen updates, I see that I visited him 22 hours ago so I can do nothing) return to
Event history. Next is MissY, she has Polished my Palace ( who is she?) Ah well I'll go pay her a visit ( damn it been there 18 hours ago ) Etc. etc. etc. ad nauseum! :o{

A simple Sheild, silhouette or triple house symbol followed by 18 (hours) in the yellow visit box JOB DONE!

Please Game Devs, the data is there already, Put the info in there for us !

DeletedUser

+1 to basic idea and all additions.

One more addition could be possibility to decide when Event history pop-out ie. on what kind of interaction, as sometimes it just pops every minute, and some of us are not interested on every polish made.
Something in line with "Social" (invites) / "PvP" / "M/P" (favours) etc.

Oh, and one more, it would be nice to turn off pop-out while in PvP - very annoying when in the middle of move, or "that critical hit".

DeletedUser

That's a very nice idea (including the additions).
Would save a lot of time searching for people!

Status
Not open for further replies.