• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: Improved event history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Looking at the responses to this thread, is there no one else out there using the Event History? It is a remarkable tool and with some tweaking as in this idea it would become priceless. Don't you want to be able to quickly see who has been doing what and when?
The reasons you mention in post #2 is why many don't use the event history so the original post with your suggested improvements would be great.

DeletedUser

The reasons you mention in post #2 is why many don't use the event history so the original post with your suggested improvements would be great.

Have to agree with wizard about many people not using the event history. I stopped using it myself after the first couple of days.
It's one of the worst interfaces I have ever used.... it's absolute garbage. The game itself is excellent, well thought out and seems well
balanced. Clearly a whole lot of good work has gone into it and a lot of people deserve a well earned pat on the back. The event history appears to have been tacked on the back just before release.

I agree with most things that have already been said so I will not waste time repeating them.

I always thought useability was one of the most important aspects of software design, it seems that in this area FOE fails to deliver. Fit for purpose...your having a laugh.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Exactly why I came here. Love the idea so much was going to suggest it myself, specifically the part about being able to differentiate guild members from neighbours/friends in the list.

DeletedUser

Another interesting idea to complement the improved event history: New event notifier and quick access icon
Replacing intrusive popups with this icon you can check at your pleasure.
attachment.php

DeletedUser6461

+1 for the O.P and the addition of #2.
It would be a great inclusion and help the extremely active players to support their fellow guildies/friends/neighbors without much difficulties and thus invite more action and more fun to the existing game. A great idea too :)

DeletedUser

+1 to most of these great ideas

need to have the event history notify you when the guild is under seige. that would be the MOST useful reason to open the history and see whats goin on

DeletedUser

+1 to this.

I would like the option of deleting old event notifications that I've read and don't want anymore, but even just a filter would be great.

DeletedUser2989

+1 to the idea.

Hippocratia's "delete" option would be a nicer additional but not "needed".

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

+1 to the idea, but only the first 2 parts, the additional bits seem too much.

Hippocratia's "delete" option would be a nicer additional but not "needed".

True - it's a nice to have but not essential, just if the improvements are to be implemented.....

DeletedUser2989

Improvement number 5 in the OP has now been effectively implemented, the rest of the idea though still stands to get more votes and hopefully some more attention by the devs :)

DeletedUser2989

Improvement number 3 in the OP has also been effectively implemented. That leaves points 1,2 and 4 that can still be voted for and supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.