• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Implemented: Improved event history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

+1, was about to suggest the same kind of thing!

I would like to add an extra feature as well though:

A name search. For example,with the Easter event our guild made 'egg teams' to work more efficient. However I sometimes feel team members are slacking, but I have a very tough time looking up individual names to see what they did (or usually, what they didn't).

Also, it was already mentioned by someone else, but the event menu shouldn't jump back to the first page every time you visited another city. It makes using the event menu pretty worthless. Combined with it annoyingly popping up when you don't want to the event menu currently just an annoying and half useless feature.

I think this should become a priority project to implant a.s.a.p.!

DeletedUser9070

+1, was about to suggest the same kind of thing!

I would like to add an extra feature as well though:

A name search. For example,with the Easter event our guild made 'egg teams' to work more efficient. However I sometimes feel team members are slacking, but I have a very tough time looking up individual names to see what they did (or usually, what they didn't).

Also, it was already mentioned by someone else, but the event menu shouldn't jump back to the first page every time you visited another city. It makes using the event menu pretty worthless. Combined with it annoyingly popping up when you don't want to the event menu currently just an annoying and half useless feature.

I think this should become a priority project to implant a.s.a.p.!

I agree they could add a little search box like the one here on the forum, incorporated in top right above the event alongside drop-down menus to filter the event window. (polish/motivate/event - such as egg'ing/trades/attacks/etc..).

But what made the event window so frustrating is not only you can't tell who's what but also you cannot tell if your actions is on cooldown still for that player so I end up pressing "visit", then notice there is no action yet available and the next thing I have to do is seek on the social bar to find the player (is it neighbour? is it guild mate? is it a friend?) I have no idea his # so I can miss him several times back and forth, finally I see him I can see cooldown time and his profile! woah thats just for 1 player interaction..
=> Should be able to automatically find the player in the right tab, at the right position centered

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

There is already a very nice search box functionality in the global rank listing. It will surely be nice to see how many times someone placed an egg in my town :)

DeletedUser

Is there a senior moderator reading this:

Who could move this thread to the Great Ideas forum so it does not get lost again? I am not sure if that helps but 3 pages with little or no negative responses tells me this qualifies as a Great Idea.

DeletedUser11794

I'd +1 the idea of the event history being searchable too, or at least sortable so that you can quickly check which interactions you had with another given player.

Another idea regarding filtering: Show only events from players within your guild, or only neighbors.

DeletedUser

Is there a senior moderator reading this:

Who could move this thread to the Great Ideas forum so it does not get lost again? I am not sure if that helps but 3 pages with little or no negative responses tells me this qualifies as a Great Idea.

I'm reading it... and I'll bring it to the attention of the one to decide on this ;)

DeletedUser11899

+1

Just great!
This is one of the best ideas I've seen since I started playing in FoE.
And a dedicated tab for PvP events would already be fantastic!

DeletedUser11988

+1
I came to the forum to make this suggestion.
It's a very important detail and easy to do

DeletedUser

I agree. This would be very helpful when returning to the game after being on holiday and/or a tournament has ended... I was thinking of a filter for "News & Events since your last log in".

DeletedUser11781

++1 I was just thinking about this! I love your first idea Mordin looks like it would become a real useful 'event history' or even your other one, just being a simple icon to tell you weather it's guild neighbor or friend. :o

DeletedUser7719

It's like "unread" messages; if you didn't see it, it'll pop up

DeletedUser

Yes, I understand the concept ;) I meant how do you see this being implement in the event history. (keep in mind that the dev's would prefer a simple solution)

DeletedUser7719

Click on the on the top-left corner of your screen (which says *Your username*'s City), and avatars are located at the right of the window that pops up.
Hope that helps!

DeletedUser

I was thinking of a filter for "News & Events since your last log in".
What about something like this:
Untitled.jpg

Instead of adding another filter or notifications, it adds a separator line between the two. IMO it's simple not intrusive, doesn't clutter the UI and most importantly does the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.