• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Ideas should be limited to "Active & Experienced Game Players".

Proposal:
Ideas should be limited to "Active & Experienced Game Players". It's really not possible for someone to make a well-thought out suggestion without having played the game for any real amount of time.

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
None found

Reason:
All of us have to continually read and respond to new ideas. We all have to vote on those ideas, especially the unfavorable ones to keep them from working their way into the game.
This requires a lot of time and effort to accomplish.

Details:
Every member in the forum has a set of attributes that identifies them. One or two more attributes could be added to the profile structure. These attributes would be flags (developers know what that means) indicating the status of each forum member.
The Data needed for this can easily come from the FOE player database that is being maintained. Forum member attributes could then be adjusted programmatically.
The other attribute would come from the forum database itself. When a suggestion is made a timeout clock gets set for a one month period and no new suggestions can be made by that forum member until that time expires.

Visual Aids:
None

Balance:
None

Abuse Prevention:
This idea itself is to control the Flood of Ideas (An abuse unto itself) that have not been well-thought out!

Summary:
In summary we all need a way to focus on good ideas and improvements to the game. I believe this will allow all of us to focus on that and not the endless flood of off-the-cuff ideas we are all intensely involved in now.

Thank You,
TKOK

DeletedUser109385

A big big -1 this is simply changing forum rules that have been put by the game devs and the proposal sounds quite mean as well because everyone is welcomed to use the idea suggestions of the forums not just "Active & Experienced players". This idea sucks and is a waste of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser109385

Without any explanation how to define an "active and experienced game player" I cannot support that idea.
Well I would recommend not to support the idea because I think he means players who play the game 24/7.

DeletedUser

All of us have to continually read and respond to new ideas.
Sorry? We have to do this now? I must have missed that in my forum contract :P
No one's forcing you to read and vote. This idea smacks of elitism. There are definitely some instances where a little more game experience would be beneficial when proposing an idea, but this doesn't apply to every aspect of the game and no one's opinion is more valid simply because of how long they've been playing. This forum is for everyone to use and I certainly won't support a system where no one cares what the little guy has to say.

DeletedUser109385

This forum is for everyone to use and I certainly won't support a system where no one cares what the little guy has to say.
Exactly my point of view!
Sorry? We have to do this now? I must have missed that in my forum contract :P
No one's forcing you to read and vote. This idea smacks of elitism.
Well said!
Clapping.gif

DeletedUser109749

A Big -1,there is a Democracy
How can you say that a person is Experienced and active
1. I have a friend named HangingJudge, he was the leader of the guild which is now in TOP 10 in Jaims but he has come back after 2 years, a gap of two years, he is now in Colonial,what will you say about him?????
2.A player daily logins and collects his DC and logs off(spending 10 minutes daily and just doing daily collection,donating in own GB), he has been doing this from 4 years, will you say him active and experience????? because he has been playing from 4 years and he is in AF.
3.A player is playing FOE from 5 months, spending 10 hours per day in game and he is in only in LMA as he wants to spend time in each era, what will you call him????, not experienced but active, but i think 5 months is sufficient if you are spending 10 hours daily to know about ins and out of game.

DeletedUser6065

Nope.
Read more than a few goodies from firsties.
. . . . mk

Vesiger

Monarch
Ideas can have unanticipated side-effects on parts of the game that newer players haven't seen yet, but equally, older players can be too far detached from their starting days to realise what effect their ideas have on the inexperienced.

There might be an argument for limiting the number of ideas that any one player can propose within a given period, but I can imagine scenarios in which one might legitimately want to do just that...

DeletedUser109385

The thing I find funny about this idea is that it wants to prevent not well thought-out ideas from being proposed but the idea itself is not well thought-out:lol::lol:
Talk about being hypocritical

DeletedUser99692

- 1 Length of time in the game is no judgement of a persons perception of it fresh eyes are often needed to make us look again at what has been accepted as the norm. No player should be barred from experessing their ideas one would only hope that they take the time to check if it has been proposed and rejected in the past.