• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

I want reply from Forge of Empires Developers

• Thread starter DeletedUser113235
  • Start date

Emberguard

Legend
English alongside a bunch of different languages. Certainly English is the most common second language and it works for the international forum due to the market FoE is aimed towards. But that by definition of being most common second language doesn't take into account peoples primary language. It wouldn't matter at all what the most common second language is if the market was aimed primarily at those that can speak Mandarin, German, French or anything other then English. Which is where having separate forums comes in handy. Each server has their primary language and that eliminates the need to have everyone translate from primary to secondary where nuances could get lost.

[Source Link]
For example, the US' second language is Spanish, while Canada's is French, the UK's is Polish, and Australia's is Mandarin.

Last edited:

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
For Canada i know as i have family there ... and French isn't just a second language...it is official language as well ..

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
He is just beeing him self ... abrasive as usual!!!
Nothing new and nothing exciting lol
Maybe not in yours ... and remark about chinese and spamish is ridiculous...

It is international norm in business, finance, science and manny other things as well as online in other game forums,chat rooms ...

Agent327

Overlord
He is just beeing him self ... abrasive as usual!!!
Nothing new and nothing exciting lol

Don't blame me for being right.

Maybe not in yours ... and remark about chinese and spamish is ridiculous...

You think so? Just look it up.

It is international norm in business, finance, science and manny other things as well as online in other game forums,chat rooms ...

Is it? You are a guest in a German game. If you are in Germany, do you demand everybody to speak English as well?

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
Sorry mate , but you are not allways right, maybe in your head ... but not really in real life situations .... and for one thing i am not a guest... i am user and paying customer...

DeletedUser

Our manuals are written in multiple languages because we do not suffer from xenophobia but rather treassure it.
Many of the less ignorant people who decided to study Chinese are probably rich by now.

DeletedUser

Back on topic

I DEMAND A REPLY FROM INNO TOO: NOW AS WE SPEAK AND WITHOUT HESITATION !!!

Agent327

Overlord
Sorry mate , but you are not allways right, maybe in your head ... but not really in real life situations .... and for one thing i am not a guest... i am user and paying customer...

I assume you are adressing me. As a "paying customer" it is always wise to read what you pay for. Obviously you didn't.

DeletedUser4727

Hi all,

In terms of your request, it isn't the job of the developers to directly respond to the players, that would be the job of Community Management. Fundamentally, our role is to articulate, as best we can, mood and wishes of our respective communities to the project teams.

However, that being said, it isn't correct that no developers/PMs/GDs read the forums or ideas section. On the contrary, they do quite a bit. But, as has been touched on, the team isn't structured how you seem to think it is. The Developers aren't directly who decides on new game content, those decisions are made by a wide mixture of people from Game Designers, Project Managers and Owners, as well as having involvement from other areas such as marketing and Art. However, you need to understand that Forge of Empires is product, and monetisation is important for the continued growth of both this project, as well as the other projects in InnoGames' portfolio.

To your assertion that nothing new has been released, I'd disagree. To name but a few, this year we've had a number of events, with changes to their mechanics, or balancing changes to try and make them more accessible to more players (e.g. standalone negotiations and battles, better multi choice quest options, moving away from forcing players to do overly difficult tasks on quests). We've also seen the introduction of Reconstruction Mode, something which took a good amount of manpower and planning. We also saw HTML5 conversion, which whilst you don't necessarily see the impact (thats the point) takes a lot of man power, and time. I'd argue that QOL changes have been made this last year, more even than previous years. Yes, events are often quite similar to previous years, but for the most part that's because if it isn't broke, you don't need to fix it :)

Lastly to your concerns relating to the Ideas section, you yourself state that many players don't visit the forums, and as such, the forums aren't really a representative overview of community mood or opinion. That's not to say that the ideas don't carry any weight, only that if the ideas section is made up of 10-20 active posters, that's 10-20 posters giving their opinion on something which would impact millions of players. Even if we then multiply that by the number of communities, we really are only scratching the surface of the player base with the active forum users. The project teams use the forums as a measure for community mood, alongside many other metrics and analytics which can be pretty easily gleamed from within the game itself.

We'll look at reviewing the requirements for the Ideas section, thats valid, but you need to then also understand that an idea which gets the votes to be pushed up to the team doesn't mean that idea will be implemented. There are many considerations to be made before implementing changes ingame.

This thread will be cleaned up a little bit shortly, to put it somewhat back on topic. Also, in case it isn't fairly clear from other responses and my opening paragraph, a developer or other won't be responding here, I'm afraid.

Thanks, Richard

ntnete0

Brigadier-General
To your assertion that nothing new has been released, I'd disagree. To name but a few, this year we've had a number of events, with changes to their mechanics, or balancing changes to try and make them more accessible to more players (e.g. standalone negotiations and battles, better multi choice quest options, moving away from forcing players to do overly difficult tasks on quests). We've also seen the introduction of Reconstruction Mode, something which took a good amount of manpower and planning. We also saw HTML5 conversion, which whilst you don't necessarily see the impact (thats the point) takes a lot of man power, and time. I'd argue that QOL changes have been made this last year, more even than previous years. Yes, events are often quite similar to previous years, but for the most part that's because if it isn't broke, you don't need to fix it :)

Thanks, Richard

You mentioned several things that happened over some time and i can say from my point of view that reconstruction mode is good and i used it more then once and i do like it as well as the change that happenedwith the availability of a main prize in events like Summer and Fall events where at least one such building was almost guaranteed and we got it ... but that should have been consistently carried out also in curunt event which is a bit un certain how it will end ... hopefully it will end with us geting that one main prize... and that was the needed change ... and HTML5 is only done as flash is going in the past ...so it wasn't like a decision you made just like that, it is done as it must be ...

Shad23

Emperor
Lastly to your concerns relating to the Ideas section, you yourself state that many players don't visit the forums, and as such, the forums aren't really a representative overview of community mood or opinion.
someone in Inno team should check the ideas sections , then look at all other comunitys ideas section to see if same idea has been sugested in the other forums the count to make an idea implemented should be on all the forums and not just one this would represent a bit more the overview of the comunity of forge of empires as it would consider the ideas of the whole comunity and not just 1 server players play this game from all over the world and all their opinions should count