• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

I don't understand guilds

Guilds may have different rules that make you work "FOR the guild". Usually it's something like:
Participate in GE, GBG and GvG
Aid all members regularly
Donate to guild treasury
Build certain buildings (Arc or Observatory GB e.g.)
Contribute to certain GB's
... and more

Last edited:

Emberguard

Legend
@Matt the Melancholic depends on the guild. Guild Expedition benefits for each encounter you do. Guild Battlegrounds benefits from each battle or negotiation you make towards capturing a province. Guild VS Guild benefits from each battle towards taking a tile you make.

For Guild Expedition the guild will need goods in the treasury. Costs here: GE costs wiki page
There's no real strategy to Guild Expedition other then do as much as you can and if you want to beat the other guilds to it for a higher crown output do it faster.

For Guild V Guild and Guild Battlegrounds there is plenty of strategy involved if your guild wants to rise through the ranks. Both costs goods from either your age or the age you're participating in. You'll have to talk to your guild about this one.

Then there's mud threads (contributing FPs to Lvl 0 Great Buildings), swaps, 1.x, goods trades and aiding guild members. If any of this needs explanation let me know

Errr, so in short the Guild will tell me what they expect from me, and if I don't like it I can either leave or they will throw me out. Is that about it?
Depends on the guild. Some guilds have very strict rules and will kick you right away if you don't follow them. Other guilds are more relaxed with only a few rules. Some guilds have no rules at all.
Good guilds will help you, if you struggle to meet the requirements set by the guild, for instance by giving you goods for GE negotiations, forge points for military GB's or options to get GB blueprints.
Being in a guild is about teamwork and mutual support between all guild members. That's how you work "FOR the guild". If guild members help each other to grow and prosper, they become more capable of participating in guild activities such as GE and GBG.

Last edited:
Oh I get it. You're having a go at me for starting threads! Acussing me of being an attention seeker because I use the forum. Okay, fair enough, it wasn't my attention to upset anyone, which it seems I have done. So I'll quit the forums. Trust that will satisfy you?
Nah, you can start as many threads as you like and ask all the newbie questions you need to. Most people here are happy to help you along.

Negs costing diamonds what?
If you dont have enough goods in your stock you are charged the cost of buying them within the negotiation window.

It's amazing how many people complain that negs are costing them all their diamonds or even needing real money all because they don't realise they haven't produced any goods

DeletedUser

If you dont have enough goods in your stock you are charged the cost of buying them within the negotiation window.

It's amazing how many people complain that negs are costing them all their diamonds or even needing real money all because they don't realise they haven't produced any goods
I need to go back to producing goods

Shad23

Emperor
really depends on guild philosophy
on Langandorn my guild Arch Angels 2 has no rules except :
trade fair on market with guild members on fair trades thread
and
pay amount in FP thread to last member who posted if you want to use swap threads
our town halls give 5FP's per day
we have 25 members at moment
and
we are a lvl 43 guild we accept everyone ,
we have a GB near up thread and a thread only for Arcs if spots are still available and it's near up to help guild members
and we have a well balanced treasury in most era's
and unless we become a 80 member guild am not kicking anyone out for any reasons some guilds might have as reasons to kick members out
we are on auto join if anyone wants in

Last edited:

Emberguard

Legend
Oh I get it. You're having a go at me for starting threads! Acussing me of being an attention seeker because I use the forum. Okay, fair enough, it wasn't my attention to upset anyone, which it seems I have done. So I'll quit the forums. Trust that will satisfy you?
:( But I was enjoying your threads. I want to hear more about Harry :D

Yes, that is exactly it. Take a look at 'What's New" and get this - out of the 10 most recent threads, 7 you created, most nothing to do with being a noob, much more to do with seeking attention.

View attachment 21546
Then I’d love to see you create a few threads around here :)

Yes, that is exactly it. Take a look at 'What's New" and get this - out of the 10 most recent threads, 7 you created, most nothing to do with being a noob, much more to do with seeking attention.

View attachment 21546
Sometimes new players come here and create lots of threads which are blatantly attention seeking.

I don't feel this with @Matt the Melancholic, his posts are lighthearted and humours in the way they are written but all are asking genuine questions, perhaps they could have all been in one thread or within the general conversation thread but there's no harm in asking for help and information

Emberguard

Legend
, perhaps they could have all been in one thread or within the general conversation thread but there's no harm in asking for help and information
I think as long as there’s enough for its own discussion then it’s better for forum health to have each question in its own thread rather then lumped into a single big thread very few are going to bother reading back on.

I think as long as there’s enough for its own discussion then it’s better for forum health to have each question in its own thread rather then lumped into a single big thread very few are going to bother reading back on.
I agree, with one big thread its difficult to find things and keep on top of answers. Just pointing out the other possibilities to a negative post

I keep getting quests asking me to donate to the guild treasury, my newbie question is what exactly are the goods used for?
Can any guild member withdraw or use guild treasury goods with leader permissions?
What happens to medal donations?

Leafbiter

Corporal
The Goods in the Guild Treasury are used by the Guild Leader to unlock access to levels of the Guild Expedition past level 1.
Guild members can only donate, not withdraw from the Guild Treasury.
I'm not sure about the medal donations, but I do know that medals donated do not count as goods for the purpose of quests.