• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

I don't understand guilds

DeletedUser

I think the meaning and purpose behind any guild all comes down to the player and what they are looking for, then followed by the daunting task of finding the type of guild that fits that players playing style. What is “casual” to some people ends up being “serious” and daunting for others. I wish the game had a better way for guilds to advertise based on certain aspects of the game that are important to players to help them find a good fit.

I always thought the following made a good guild but there are arguments for and against each.

* the guild leaders explaining or asking players who are in the lowest 3 eras if they know about the following: where to find the game and fan wiki, how to change their settings, explaining how a guild works (treasury, level, players rights etc.), where the guild only forum is and actually having links or content in it for newer players to the game and/or guild (for PC users), explaining the different ways to get and level great buildings, tips/tricks to get them through all of the events, how to set up a defending army and protect their city from being plundered etc.
* social interaction where players chat and have fun other than just playing the game
* the opportunity to get your buildings motivated/polished and protected from those who still PvP IF you’re in a guild with active players who actually aid
* the chance to take part in 1.9 great building threads, get swap partner(s), or (if you really have no other choice) swap threads to quickly level your great buildings
* for those who enjoy being competitive or working together as a team: guild expedition, guild battlegrounds or for those who play on the PC guild vs guild can provide those opportunities

There are others but those were some of the basics.

I find a lot of the requirements comes down to how active players are in the game and if they want to be competitive or not. As a result super active guilds will normally ask some of the following from their players

* Certain great buildings – Arc and the Observatory mainly because these donate goods to the guild treasury. Without goods in the treasury the guild leaders can not: open level 2, 3, 4 of Guild Expedition, in Guild Battlegrounds they’re needed to place down buildings that help with increasing points, making it harder for others to attack etc and in Guild vs Guild they are needed in all maps except All Eras to place down sieges and then defending armies to protect the sector. So guilds taking part in all of these need those goods though often forget to tell newer players “why”

* Aiding/being on X# of days. People who are online every day and aiding tend to want help back and it’s just a considerate thing to do in my opinion anyway if you log onto the game as it doesn’t take a lot of time if you just hit the button vs going in

* finishing X level of GE, required number of battles in battleground – Again it comes down to players being competitive but another important factor…

Levelling the guild – the higher the level the guild is the more rewards players get for being in the guild. Most of these points still come from GE, GBG and some of the few special buildings like the Hall of Fame or newer Statue of Honour. The required number of guild points goes up each level. So it is why a player who just start a guild gets 0 FP a day from their town hall vs that of a level 42 guild which gets 5fp.

So the longer and more established a guild is you will find that there are lots of requirements or are at the point where it’s more relaxed and they realize that there are a lot of burned out players who find themselves spending too much time on the game because they’re trying to take part in everything and have guild mates who verbally type flipping out when they’re, er, displeased at someone or a group of people.

I guess it comes down to asking your guild leader(s) or doing some research. Know if you want to play a fighting vs farming/city building game or a combination of both. I highly recommend going to the game (linked) or better yet fan wiki to learn about the following:

> Guilds
https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Guilds

> Guild Battlegrounds
https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Guild_Battlegrounds

> Guild Expeditions
https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Guild_Expeditions

> Guild vs Guild (not every guild takes part anymore as there are easier ways to bring in guild points)
https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Guild_vs_Guild

As those are some of the areas of the game that are important for most now due to them helping to level the guild and thus a better insight into some the requirements that are asked of players in my opinion. To me the difference between loving or hating the game to the point where you think about quitting all comes down to the guild and who you surround yourself with so never be afraid to leave what feels to you to be a bad guild/fit!

Unklelol

Private
I keep getting quests asking me to donate to the guild treasury, my newbie question is what exactly are the goods used for?
Can any guild member withdraw or use guild treasury goods with leader permissions?
What happens to medal donations?
The goods in the guild treasury are for things like opening the levels in GE (guild expedition). Launching sieges and placing defence in GvG etc
These are important for you and your guild. The better your gild ranking the better for you. Your daily FP from town hall, troop training time reduction etc
Guild members can not withdraw them for their own use and you have to have the appropriate leadership rights to use them