• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event History Event 2024 Feedback Thread

GADfan

Warrant Officer
Hate this type of minigame mechanic.

I didn't mind it at first in the Halloween event, it was different and kind of made sense, but toward the end of that event I'd gone off it.
Too time consuming, too repetitive (again) and made worse if you have multiple cities.

This is even worse.
Doesn't make any sense having people from history squaring up to each other, surprised Gandhi hasn't been crowbarred in for a laugh.
I understand how to play it but I think there's too much going on to be enjoyable.
Even more time consuming.

Swing and a miss.

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
Reminds me of one of the episodes from Red Dwarf, the Wax World with famous people fighting a war against each other, at least that was ironically funny, this is just weird and wrong....

nice2haveu

Corporal
I cannot blame developers for making us to do repeated actions in the event because that's how every event they created. I don't remember any event which does not have repetition.

Only difference is, they will make us happy with the rewards and strategy implied on the minigame. I don't have any problem with the minigame design, but the rewards are clearly not worthy enough to spend our time in the event.

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General
This had become incredibly laggy since yesterday afternoon, I'm waiting 5/10 seconds on some redraws for cards to show. Can't even back out of the event without closing the app down.

kilzon

Private
If Inno really wants to make a card game, then it should require real skills and not be entirely based on luck. This minigame feels like throwing dice and this is not how it's supposed to look. They could have brought the Monopoly minigame in that case, which at least was a lot more interesting than this.

And what are those card designs? The cards look like a creation of a 5 years old kid, no offense to the kids but it's not serious. Even the rewards a shitty if we don't count the main prize.

Emberguard

Legend
There is no premise for Joan of arc wanting to kill Einstein or whatever, and why would we want them to fight? using "real" people makes it creepy and bizarre, so this would still be suited to Halloween where we can assume they are costumes.
When you put it that way yeah it is a bit funny.

I think the premise is just card game. Though could have used the units from the game if going with something that makes sense to have fighting

suethegreat

Captain
Not sure if lag but once selecting a fighter card looking hopeful the icon for not winning this fight does not appear until you hit fight...thanks

melodix

Private
Moving the Redraw button after the first click is not good design.

Not for players, anyway.

Last edited:

Agent327

Overlord
I think the premise is just card game. Though could have used the units from the game if going with something that makes sense to have fighting

If they would have done that they would probably have come up with spearfighters killing tanks.

How on earth can you come up with a card game where people from totally different era's not just meet, but where philosophers effortlessly kill strong warriors. How is it that absolutely nobody at Inno saw how really stupid this is?

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General

They just used the ones they had in ROC, don't think a lot of thought went into it. Just changed a few colours on the designs. Hence why we got the cartoon version from there.

Screenshot_20240507_171436_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240507_171844_Forge of Empires.jpg

I wonder if anyone likes this event.... :-(
It's not bad, improved from last year with better graphics, and quite funny watching historical figures bonk into each other. :D
The rewards are also ok, I don't mind being positive on forums if I can as they tend to be over-negative at times.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer

I would have much preferred units from the game, or GB's from the game, or any of the buildings from the game, or anything that's actually from FoE as this is clearly not (rise of cultures proofs above.)

Let's see a jumpin pumpkin take out a nutcracker guardhouse in a fight! it makes as much sense as any of these "historical" figures fighting.

It's even more confusing now that I have seen they DID include mythical figures and fictional ones too. If its a history event, why are there made up people included? This doesn't change the gameplay, it's just hard to see a coherent theme or idea behind this card game. Except, apparently, the need to reuse graphics and concepts made for another game.

NoblePaul17

Private
Well i'm with Xeon on this, its funny to watch Wallace get kicked into touch by a philosopher , its even funnier to see so many people getting hot under the collar over a fantasy game.
Keep going guys your killing me with laughter :-)))

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Dry, boring, non-entertaining. I have tried a dozen games of this History Event now, and it has no feeling of fun or joy in it (which a game should have some level of). I have read some of the comments above, and the only entertaining seems to be the types of 'historical' figures killing other figures - for me, I file that more under stupid than entertaining.
So, this Event for me is now officially over. I would like to have the Event Building, but this terrible mini-game has once again showed how much Inno is veering away from what used to make this game enjoyable (as well as a source of mindless time wasting - in a good way).
Guess we can thank Inno, as well as the various player base who was complaining about some of the previous games being too boring - well, be careful what you wish for. Inno listened, only half heartedly, and delivered garbage upon garbage of worse Event types.
History Event - should be graded an "F"

ObheromEU

Private
Dry, boring, non-entertaining. I have tried a dozen games of this History Event now, and it has no feeling of fun or joy in it (which a game should have some level of). I have read some of the comments above, and the only entertaining seems to be the types of 'historical' figures killing other figures - for me, I file that more under stupid than entertaining.
So, this Event for me is now officially over. I would like to have the Event Building, but this terrible mini-game has once again showed how much Inno is veering away from what used to make this game enjoyable (as well as a source of mindless time wasting - in a good way).
Guess we can thank Inno, as well as the various player base who was complaining about some of the previous games being too boring - well, be careful what you wish for. Inno listened, only half heartedly, and delivered garbage upon garbage of worse Event types.
History Event - should be graded an "F"

King Dael

Sergeant
I have just now realized, that they have changed the time for new tickets from 8 to 10 hours. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the first day was 8 hours per ticket.

Agent327

Overlord
I have just now realized, that they have changed the time for new tickets from 8 to 10 hours. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the first day was 8 hours per ticket.

I was under the same impression. I had a look at the start to see how long it would take to get a new ticket. Timer showed 8 hours. After that I got more tickets from the quests. I thought I had 8 hrs to get below 4 tickets again, in order not to miss a ticket. When I got my tickets back to 3 again, a new 10 hrs timer started. You just got to love how they keep us up to date.

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
Hated Halloween, hate this one more. Does anyone from Inno actually read this forum anymore, or have they all gone over to the childish cesspit which is Discord?

Dictionary definition:
the state of not agreeing or sharing opinions:
dis·cord ˈdi-ˌskȯrd. Synonyms of discord. 1. a. : lack of agreement or harmony (as between persons, things, or ideas)
a well known fact: they only care about money.
Ohh, and feedback from their discord server and beta forums a bit, nothing more lol.