• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Event History Event 2024 Feedback Thread

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
It would have been better if we had to use "real life" figures on the cards, then we the players could have had the historical figures, and the opposing cards could have been caricatures of the owners, executives and developers of INNO as the baddies, at least that would have given more players an incentive to play and blow the ******* away, I would happily have spent a fortune just to win every hand.... just my dream game really...ho hum...

Bleeder91

Private
It's annoying how slow these event animations are, but what really bothers me the most is that in the previous halloween iteration, defeating the final boss would give you victory regardless of your remaining health. Now, if you defeat the final boss but your health drops to 0 as well, you are defeated.

Philodus

Corporal
The critical feedback for events involving card games like this is endless. Inno seems to have noticed that the Halloween Event did not perform well despite giving out the best buildings in the game at that point, but still decided to go ahead and implement the same card-game event again?

---

I have no issues, whatsoever. I'm here for the rewards, not much to comment about the event pattern or graphics which will all go away in 3 weeks. As long as buildings with good stats keep coming out, I will play. But if Inno decides to ruin events by giving weaker buildings by listening to player feedback on power creep, I lose my interest too.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
But if Inno decides to ruin events by giving weaker buildings by listening to player feedback on power creep, I lose my interest too.
Stopping the power creep at this point would be too little too late anyway. There's already so many good self-replicating buildings that soon most towns will be comprised only of those -- especially all of them that don't require roads, which is more than half of them.

Although, the list of boosts and random fragments on most of my buildings now doesn't even fit in the window... and my eyes kind of glaze over as the mind doesn't really take in what 40% red boost plus 30% attack in GBG plus 15% attack in GE plus 20% blue defense plus 15% blue attack in GE plus 19% blue boosts in GBG means anyway. What my mind sees is bunch of boosts of blah blah blah, and zzzzzzzzzz, I comprehend it about as well as when they say its 15,000 light years to some galaxy, far far away. Lot of boost. Lot of Light years. Whatever. I am sure I am not alone.

But as long as you're interested in the next building that gives out 42% red plus 32% in GBG plus yada yada slightly more blue boost in GBG (even though that's not even a thing we can use yet) and 15% of both boosts on alternate Tuesdays but only during Rivals - then good for you! lol

Agent327

Overlord
The critical feedback for events involving card games like this is endless. Inno seems to have noticed that the Halloween Event did not perform well despite giving out the best buildings in the game at that point, but still decided to go ahead and implement the same card-game event again?

It is not very unlikely they were already working on this event during the Haloween Event. Any feedback on the card game would have been useless.

Stopping the power creep at this point would be too little too late anyway. There's already so many good self-replicating buildings that soon most towns will be comprised only of those -- especially all of them that don't require roads, which is more than half of them.

They can't stop it, cause they are getting tangled in the power creep they created. Why should you buy a silver or gold pass now? To get a Sunhaven Palace Golden upgrade kit, or a Legendary Lodge Golden upgrade kit? There already are better buildings.

Emberguard

Legend
As long as buildings with good stats keep coming out, I will play. But if Inno decides to ruin events by giving weaker buildings by listening to player feedback on power creep, I lose my interest too.

Yeah, a little bit of power creep is fine. Healthy even.

They can't stop it, cause they are getting tangled in the power creep they created.

Thing is power creep is usually more a symptom indicating what patterns to expect than a direct cause, and it's only a problem if it's spiraling out of control.

It's fine to recognize it's there as an indicator of an issue that needs addressing providing the symptom doesn't become the sole focus. It can only be addressed by digging deeper than "powercreep bad"

Paladiac the Pure

Major-General
Yeah, a little bit of power creep is fine. Healthy even.

Thing is power creep is usually more a symptom indicating what patterns to expect than a direct cause, and it's only a problem if it's spiraling out of control.

It's fine to recognize it's there as an indicator of an issue that needs addressing providing the symptom doesn't become the sole focus. It can only be addressed by digging deeper than "powercreep bad"
And this is the major problem that Inno created. Instead of having a casual power creep, they created a big jump and then keep compounding it with more and more. When they did the initial jump, it would have been okay if it was just a 'unique building' as that would not have created too much of in imbalance - but instead it appears that the jump was created as a means of creating a revenue generator - both from the normal paying players as well as for new players to come in. And they have greatly damaged the playability for new FTP players.
Previously, you could easily play your city with buildings that were a couple years old, as the stats were still very close, that the minor increases in stats were almost irrelevant. But now, they are making so anything from 6 months ago will be irrelevant already. Great Buildings used to be so important for the whole term of the game - but now in a few short months, there is basically not a single GB worth having. Final Settlement buildings were not the strongest in any sense, but they had value - and now this change to the settlements as well as emmissaries is just blowing everything up.
This is not power creep anymore - this is purely very poor and bad management and a destructive direction.

Emberguard

Legend
And this is the major problem that Inno created. Instead of having a casual power creep, they created a big jump and then keep compounding it with more and more. When they did the initial jump, it would have been okay if it was just a 'unique building' as that would not have created too much of in imbalance - but instead it appears that the jump was created as a means of creating a revenue generator - both from the normal paying players as well as for new players to come in. And they have greatly damaged the playability for new FTP players.
Previously, you could easily play your city with buildings that were a couple years old, as the stats were still very close, that the minor increases in stats were almost irrelevant. But now, they are making so anything from 6 months ago will be irrelevant already. Great Buildings used to be so important for the whole term of the game - but now in a few short months, there is basically not a single GB worth having. Final Settlement buildings were not the strongest in any sense, but they had value - and now this change to the settlements as well as emmissaries is just blowing everything up.
This is not power creep anymore - this is purely very poor and bad management and a destructive direction.

That's a pretty good analysis of where the issue is

PeePee Pleb

Lieutenant
just like i remember the things when i was on a 1y break from the game, you basically had a slow and steadily going power creep, where 0.25FPs/tile efficiency (SoK) was viable for around 2 and more years.
Now that efficiency is not only not viable, but literal garbage that is eons below the new standards of efficience. Like ohh dear God, event buildings making a jump from that steady 0.25-0.5FPs/tile efficiency to 1FP/tile and above??? It's literally out of control

Zontan

Private
The background music is too loud and makes it difficult to hear what the opponent says after the match

Agent327

Overlord
just like i remember the things when i was on a 1y break from the game, you basically had a slow and steadily going power creep, where 0.25FPs/tile efficiency (SoK) was viable for around 2 and more years.
Now that efficiency is not only not viable, but literal garbage that is eons below the new standards of efficience. Like ohh dear God, event buildings making a jump from that steady 0.25-0.5FPs/tile efficiency to 1FP/tile and above??? It's literally out of control

You really are old school. Like players still care about fp's.

suethegreat

Captain
lol there is music? only St Paddy rules with that. Like the support group comment..I almost miss the barbed comments of Mr Freezy man as he deletes my posts. Just waiting for Rival to appear as something else not to do in this event lol.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
Yes there is music, at the end when you defeat Lancelot (mine is always Lancelot) he makes some comment about another failed Grail quest. Grail Quest might have been a better name and theme for the event; I mentioned Arthurian legend in an earlier post as a better direction if its going to be this much fantasy/myth. This is a poorly named event, it really has nothing to do with History.

LOL Ice spent all day deleting posts and deleting the posts where we reply about our posts being deleted, and delete them again. We never knew because we weren't allowed to compare notes, but there has been about a dozen people talk about it since the Modzilla got de-clawed. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nidwin

Sergeant
That's a pretty good analysis of where the issue is
Another problem with this big increase in power is that our cities will reach saturation and in my case already has reached saturation. Past week I deleted my level 89 Arc, personal achievement as I never liked that building as it gets the worst attitude out of some players. But the fact is that I don't need the Arc anymore. The only use I had for the Arc for more than a Year, was for the guild goods but I'm already overproducing them for my needs since a while. My 3 SAT GB's are 59 and should be all three 60 before the end of this week. So now what, level those 3 GB's to 80, 90, 100? But for what purpose as I'm already saturated in blue and red attack/defense for my needs. QI as a P2W loner is cakewalk with already 4 full settlement buildings, still 2 to go wip + forgotten temple. But QI is giving me gold upgraded Colossus (more red and blue A/D, guild goods, ...) and little buildings giving me more of what I'm already saturated in . All my remaining useful GB's are at the level they truly are useful, job done and no reason to dump even more levels on them.

I always regretted deleting my Colosseum and Oracle so put them back up. Colosseum at this moment level 74 and Oracle stuck, no prints left, at 20 and that's with buying the missing prints up to level 20. Because esthetics matter too and because I simply don't know what to put up in m city I will rank up my Lotus Temple (level 2 atm) and my Arc replacement, Space Needle (level 1 atm) sky high as I've no other buildings to drop my daily 5K-6K+ fps.

On this discussion topic. I don't partake in this event because I don't like the mini-game or whatever. I don't do this event because I don't need anything from this event. And with this power creep many of you will reach this point as it's not if but simply when. And except for the top 10 guilds for prestige and bragging this will also be the fate of QI in the future. And I'm stacked in diamonds at the moment.

Emberguard

Legend
I don't do this event because I don't need anything from this event. And with this power creep many of you will reach this point as it's not if but simply when.

I'm only doing it for the Epic kit and they already had that appear yesterday so not overly concerned on my results for the remainder of event.