• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Historical Questline Historical Questline - The Montgolfier Brothers

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
Sorry guys... there's tons of dead ends in the tech tree and this is supposedly a game of strategy...
If you decide to research every single nook and cranny of the tech tree just because it's there then you shouldn't moan if there's nothing left to research except for the next age .... while I chomp my way through AF I still have InA, PE, and ME techs left to research on a minute's notice (all FPs in and goods in the kitty)
Biggest problem with leaving some tech tree arms alone if not needed is that as you progress you end up using them to fulfill quest anyway. It seems that I'm always at the stage of ending an era when a new event shows up. With this event as early as the 2nd quest it requests building 3 new residentials. I'm in the modern era and am satisfied with those that I have. If the ones you already have were counted it wouldn't be so bad but to just burn some buildings to rebuild them is ridiculous so in my case, I stopped playing this event. The rewards are not really great anyway and I already have oodles of coin and product so don't need anymore. You have to make the events more worthwhile for those that are further along in the eras. For those that are in the early stages of the game any event is worthwhile for the rewards that they could attain but a 'happiness' building is probably not needed by those further along in the game. I know in my case I have so many decorations and buildings in reserve that will never be used unless I can build them and destroy to attain a reward. Just my 2 cents.

Vesiger

Monarch
With this event as early as the 2nd quest it requests building 3 new residentials. I'm in the modern era and am satisfied with those that I have. If the ones you already have were counted it wouldn't be so bad but to just burn some buildings to rebuild them is ridiculous so in my case, I stopped playing this event. The rewards are not really great anyway and I already have oodles of coin and product so don't need anymore.
I agree that the rewards aren't really worth while, but if you have oodles of coin and product, repeatedly deleting and rebuilding a residential building on the same site (since you don't have to wait for it to complete in order for the quest to register it as built) is pretty trivial to do :blush:

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
I agree that the rewards aren't really worth while, but if you have oodles of coin and product, repeatedly deleting and rebuilding a residential building on the same site (since you don't have to wait for it to complete in order for the quest to register it as built) is pretty trivial to do :blush:
I agree that destroying and then rebuilding a building for me is not cost prohibitive but I have too many people in employment and have no extra space to start a new build from scratch. Don't want to waste an expansion at this stage just to fulfill a quest. I've certainly done what you've suggested in the past but the rewards at the end justified the expenditure. All I was saying was that happiness buildings or decorations or a picture was not a great reward for what you have to put out in costs even if you could afford it. In later ages, Inno has to make it advantageous for people to join events that is going to benefit them. By the time they reach later ages they have usually beneficial GBs that keep them in bonus production and happiness and very little excess room to place unwanted bonus?? rewards. Give us something that we can use....military or military building prior to researching them, luxury residential, etc. They do this in GE when you finish certain encounters. Again just my 2 cents.

DeletedUser108511

I agree I hate the scout a province then 2 or 3 quests letter complete a province. Easy to do in the lower ages, but takes alot of time, resources or troops in the higher ages.

I love the quests but seeing as they are all the same now with the province scouting a part of every one its not worth it anymore.

Zanzi the just 55

Master Corporal
I agree I hate the scout a province then 2 or 3 quests letter complete a province. Easy to do in the lower ages, but takes alot of time, resources or troops in the higher ages.

I love the quests but seeing as they are all the same now with the province scouting a part of every one its not worth it anymore.
I agree with you Irene, especially if you have just started a new age and only have troops of the previous age to use to complete the province. Even with the bonus boosts it's hard.