• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Historical Questline Historical Questline - Columbus Event

• Thread starter DeletedUser16026
  • Start date

DeletedUser653

um, not sure how you got that from my post, but that is not my problem. my champ retreat is my age and has been since the first day they opened TE. my problem is, i now have almost 1,000 champs and don't need anywhere near that many. usually i have an extra champ retreat or 2 in inventory, but after getting none in the Easter event i have zero in my inventory. so, i am forced to keep the one i have so that when next era comes out i can just reno-kit it and i am ready to go. if i get another champ retreat then i can sell my current one and have my Traz just produce rogues for awhile.

OK very logical, but 1000 champs from just 1 Champ retreat means that must be the only troop building you have! How did you end up with 1000 Champs!!

180 days since TE came in, 1000 champs and assuming only 4 troop buildings = 5.5 champs a day = 22.2 units from Traz a day = L25 Traz Hooray, worked that out.

DeletedUser653

sorry but if you can't finish an event without preparing then it is a terrible event :rolleyes:

Test - The time allocated for the event is plenty good enough for you to finish with no prep as it lasts 7 days, but if anyone wants to do it fast (and many do) it can be done with a little prep in under an hour.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

OK very logical, but 1000 champs from just 1 Champ retreat means that must be the only troop building you have! How did you end up with 1000 Champs!!

180 days since TE came in, 1000 champs and assuming only 4 troop buildings = 5.5 champs a day = 22.2 units from Traz a day = L25 Traz Hooray, worked that out.

ok, i hadn't actually checked when i wrote my post, its actually 784 champs, sorry for the mistake, but it's still way too many. i have one champ retreat and 2 rogue hideouts and have over 2,100 rogues. so, that could have been 284 champs and 2,600 rogues, i would like that much better, lol.

Wippleworm

Private
OK It's October the 8th and 05:30 GMT where I live, I can see no details of the event when I log in.
What time does the event start?

DeletedUser100668

I agree, I just logged on because it is now Oct 8th in my timezone which is well after GMT's turn of midnight. I don't see the quest. Where is it hiding or when is it arriving?

DeletedUser108361

ok so is this going to be another event with random blueprints that are worthless to anyone past the bronze age and the next to impossible quests to attain provinces and scout provinces unless you have bags loads of diamonds to throw away ?

bring back the spin to win event from earlier in the year ! now that was worth the time spent with REAL prizes, not the stupid blueprints of the Colosseum, random prizes my $%#@ I got the same blueprint each time !!!
and if your unlucky enough to be just starting out in an age the opponents in battle make it ridiculous trying to obtain a whole province in the time allowed.

And all this just for a champions retreat, I mean wtf !!!! is that really the best you could have come up with :-(

DeletedUser99588

So far I have received 60 diamonds so the random prizes can be good although during the Anwar event I didn't get any diamonds so I guess that is the nature of random prizes. I would like another Champions retreat so the prize is fine for me personally but if your not into the fighting side of the game I can see it would be disappointing.

I had hoped for a rugby world cup tournament along the lines of the soccer one last year but maybe they haven't heard of rugby in Germany or possibly they had planned to do something but the unfortunate passing of Anwar led them to having to change their plans which is understandable.

I guess if your not enamoured with the rewards and effort involved don't bother with it. I wasn't particularly taken with the Easter event and only went through the motions of doing it out of habit rather than any determination to win anything in particular.

Different events will favour different players and these small events are really just time fillers to keep players engaged with the game. Good to give your feedback though and I did the same for the Easter event.

DeletedUser108108

what is a champions retreat? what does it provide in terms of game play or bonuses?

DeletedUser108299

is the champions retreat from the era you start the event or you end it ?

Resource harvesting is based on your happiness level at the moment of harvest.

I suspect then, that the only era that would be measured is the era you are in when the retreat is awarded.

DeletedUser6065

Allow me to clarify, if I may.

The final rewards in the various events are based on the era you are in when you ACCEPT the task, not complete it. If you are coming into the last quest and only have a few Forge Points (or whatever) is necessary to get into the next era, you may consider holding off ACCEPTING the task until the after 'leap', else you will get the reward based on the lower age.

Think, before you hit the 'OK' button.

. . . mk

joesoap

Major-General

Suppose the last task is to spend 757 Forge Points (for example). If you accept the task in Colonial Age, spend the Forge Points which will allow you to enter into Industrial Age, your final reward will be Colonial, not Industrial. Better to spend 756 Forge Points, acquire the Industrial Age Town Hall, then accept the task, then spend the last single Forge Point and gain the higher reward.

. . . mk

but if the quest is to spend 757 fps, and i spend 756 without 1st accepting the quest then the 756 wont count towards it, so in this instance i would spend 756 to get into industrial age, then i would accept the quest & then spend the 757 fps to get the industrial age reward

DeletedUser6065

Yes, I saw my error and edited while you were posting. My specific example was not the best. It works best if your quest completion requirements are not the same as the requirements needed to enter the next era. You can, of course repeat the various quest/entering into a new era requirements, it's just that it may be more difficult. A better example would have been 'Produce X24 hour productions'. You accept, then while cooking away, you leap needing only FP's and/or goods to secure the new town hall (remember, ya gotta have the new town hall, not just working away on the first task in the new age). Reward will be the lesser age.

My last words however do stand - think b/4 you hit the 'OK'. And, besides, this was intended mostly as a 'heads up'. The previous posts could be construed to mean that the reward is based on the era you are in. This may not necessarily be the case. And it has happened. In forum threads past, [it seems] there is always at least one post stating 'I was in X era, but the Outhouse in my inventory is the X-1 era'.

. . .mk

DeletedUser96901

The final rewards in the various events are based on the era you are in when you ACCEPT the task, not complete it. If you are coming into the last quest and only have a few Forge Points (or whatever) is necessary to get into the next era, you may consider holding off ACCEPTING the task until the after 'leap', else you will get the reward based on the lower age.

. . . mk
but the champions retreat is not reward of the last quest
it is the reward of the first quest which is started before you can do the other 11 quests

:rolleyes:

DeletedUser1094

No one of the Columbus-quests have to be accepted. They are already accepted at first pop-up.

I jumped age just before the last quest and got the Retreat of the new age.

DeletedUser6065

No one of the Columbus-quests have to be accepted. They are already accepted at first pop-up.

I jumped age just before the last quest and got the Retreat of the new age.

1. I dunno. I believe I got 'clicker happy' and spent 7 FP b/4 hitting OK. Could have sworn I had to put in
7 more. I'm gonna see if I can retry this.
2. Yes. You were in the new age b/4 the final quest.

. . . mk

DeletedUser9168

are you not mixing this up with another event currently under testing which you do indeed have to accept quests before spending 7 fps