• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guilds Update Feedback

KDS-33

Private
...... sadly i se no future- inno are roke and tryng towring more money from falling playerbase, and are gonna lose lott long term dedicated players with this change.
Agree - Inno has become one of the greediest money hunters in the online game scene. GVG didn't bring enough diamond returns, so kill it. Typical. Inno forgets that GVG was the core of the game in the first place. No GVG - I'm out, lame excuses about "difficult to maintain" don't cut it, sorry.

BarraG

Private
What I also see to be apart of the problem when INNO decides to make big change it does with out really giving it time to sink in, could of stated a while back of this and use it in positive way instead of keeping it in house with limited feedback hoping that it will work itself out quickly, instead what I see you up set more players (yes I know it does not matter when changes are made you will always get some one not liking the change and can not please everyone) it just how you do it makes different by involving us earlier in the development of new idea or changes... might just make it easier for all and to know a change is coming that they were apart of bring some thing new to the game like the GBG changes of recent, it should of stay in Beta for several months not just month then throwing it to the wolves as half broken fix in my eyes as it still being adjusted. The same here to just quickly shut the doors on some thing that makes this game histrionic is it way with in month and it gone for ever ... then throw some thing new hoping for the best ... just builds the wrong image ... give it more time in beta several months ... don't just shut the doors ... just my 2 cents ...

Last edited:

Hektik Keef

Private
I have only been able to play GvG for 6 months of the year because all the activity takes place over a 15 minutes period immediately after recalc each day, and for 6 months of the year it is about 2 hours before I wake up each morning. I believe it is discouraging for most of our guild members to participate in an aspect of the game that requires them to be logged on at a specific time each day, and is an genuinely active component for such a short time. In the new Guild Raids I hope it can be actively played around the clock to encourage more active players across the guild to participate in this part of the game..
they can simply make the gvg "day" 25hrs or 23 hrs long instead then it would move 1 hour per day give everyone round globe a go at it. But no.

There has been a lot of anti-Inno messages on this thread.
Part of the announcement said "....share your thoughts on what the Guild Raids might look like".
So, I thought that I would be a little positive about this - with apologies to all those who don't want to read anything positive.

I'd like to see co-operation in solving things - where, for example, several members of a guild have to contribute to achieve something. If goods/FPs/diamonds are needed then they cannot be contributed by one person - let's make member collaboration at the heart of this.

Does "Raids" mean attacking other guilds - in the same world or in any world - do we get the choice of who to attack (that would be good!!). BUT, should we be allowed to attack a guild on another world that contains a member of our guild ? Would there be possibilities for collusion there ?

How does winning the raids affect the guild rankings - more victory points so that a guild can balance what it does on GbG and GR - I think that we need a properly integrated guild ranking system not a seprate GbG and GR ranking.

I hope that this short message opens this thread up to discussion on GR possibilities.

I believe that the primary reason for the removal of GVG is its lack of diamond costs; InnoGames does not generate any revenue from it. Hence, they have opted for its removal. If it were profitable for them, they would not have removed it, regardless of the number of players still engaged with it.

Nuggs

Private
GVG wasn’t hurting anyone and was running with little support from INNO.
The guildies that played it accepted its faults and those that didn’t or couldn’t play it were none the wiser.

The only reason it wasn’t played by more was because INNO chose not to make it accessible to the masses. At least be honest with your player base and say it made you no money so your choosing to kill it.

You’ve just made the game dumber by alienating the last of your OG.

The GVG leaderboard also showcased which guild truly played well together and came out on top, while the GB leaderboard doesn't convey much in that regard. GB is primarily an aspect with the most players who have the most time. It's quite a loss.

The only positive responses to the removal of GVG will likely come from the pro GB players.

joesoap

Major-General
I feel a bit torn about gvg going, it was never my favourite part of the game but it has been the source of my most memorable & exciting moments in over 10 years of playing FoE
It really has been the only true guild feature this game has ever had, it was about getting the guild together to work together with very little in the way of rewards, i know ge & gbg are supposed to be guild features but they are both really individual features that most players do on their own, in their own time & at their own pace & i wonder if it wasn't for the amount of individual rewards given to players how many would even take part

Ev4ma

Captain
I see they're binning off the last remaining part of the game that hasn't got a use for diamonds through the guise of "it is too expensive to maintain" when it was riddled with bugs that were never fixed anyway. Disappointed - it was part of the game that people play for the spirit of competitiveness, not to greedily grab at the free fps that GBG gives.
Agreed boss, they are lying but however they're greedy and don't care.

I hope inno rethinks their decision. They could easily monetize GvG by selling extra releases

lizzy3824

Private
I've been playing GvG for a year now - and for 6 months of that recalc has been at 5am for me and I've still been there for it almost every day because GvG is by far the most fun part of the game. It's the only part that really demands you work together as a team coordinating what you're doing, It's the only part that can get the adrenaline pumping and that's because it all happens so fast. Without GvG bringing us together I wouldn't have become such good friends with some of my guild - I will very much miss the bonds formed during the frantic battles and map hopping.

If the problem for Inno is the lack of income from it - then introduce some kind of diamond cost if that's what's needed to keep it going.

I've been playing Forge of Empires for 10 years, so I've been there since day one of GVG. Many things have changed over the years - in the past, you could move headquarters endlessly, release sectors an unlimited number of times, and there were even brief periods when the timing calculations were adjusted. However, never before have players raised such massive objections, as they are doing with GB. GVG players used to be more complacent.

I think many players will quit on various servers. Just realize that we played on, despite many guilds using bots, and even though it was often unfair, we persevered. It's just disheartening to see something we've worked on for all these years, something we've become attached to, disappear so easily.

maxi121

Private
I could say that I m a new player in the game as I have less than 2 years playing it but, the game becomes more and more unattractive with your changes. I will start with GE, the new big change in GE is GE5 which is formed of 16 fights and with my stats I don t sweat at all with it , either way it doesn't justify the need for blue stats only for few fights. Blue stats are useless in PvP Arena as few players are playing it, as well you play against bots. The only place where I find blue stats interesting to use is against neighbors but, still it has a flaw as the best setup for deployed city army defense is same as strongest/best troops and it bothers in changing injured troops and do fast fighting in whole game, because those deployed troops don't disappear ( as in PVP deployed defending units). So, you guys keep enforcing events with blue stats when blue stats have no real purpose. Besides the fact that these events are as a black hole due to next event having better stuff and making u fell disapointed for playing and spending money on previous one. I have in inventory countless stuff which are now worthless. Next new change is in GBG, which was supposed to eliminate farming but it instead it transformed it in let s diamond it so we can win, by the time the new type of buildings finish building u risk losing your sector, so unless you diamond it, you can' t do nothing in GBG. The attrition cap is not such a bad ideea, but the flaw with it is that all players can do similar number of fights, as with more attrition you have the less fights you re able to do and more troops you lose. So, now i cant do more fights than the other players which have their stats a lot less than my attacking stats , as 20 extra points of attrition which I can do dont matter, even though I have one of most powerful cities, I can't differentiate myself. Another thing which I dislike regarding GBG is the tremendous amount of time required to play it. For whom it is conceived? for people with no life ? cause I have a life a job etc , even though I m a very active player the time required to be succesful with the guild in GBG is overwhelming, and I see lots players who can't play it so often or they dont meet the guild requirements and get kicked out or finaly they quit the game. Aside of top 4-5 top guilds , the other guilds are just crushed as in previous version of GBG.
And now I get to the announcement topic which assumes to eliminate GvG. Even though I m a new player a enjoy GvG. I consider it one of best part of the game and I see that it creates bonds between players. GvG is the only part of the game where it doesnt forces u to pay so you can win. GvG doesnt requires a tremendous amount of time to play it. GvG is few place in game where u can feel that teamwork matters, where you as an individual matter.Aside of few flaws which I m sure that if INNO really wanted you could have resolved it. GvG In my opinion, eliminating GvG is a mistake which are going to cost u people playing the game.

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
Agreed boss, they are lying but however they're greedy and don't care.

I hope inno rethinks their decision. They could easily monetize GvG by selling extra releases
Actually the reasoning is very transparent and truthful. Neither has InnoGames ever claimed not to be a business; all gaming companies must pay their developers or there would be no games for anyone to play. The fact is, that around 1% of active players play GvG (I myself am one of that 1% so of course am sad to see it go), and the feature is resource heavy and cumbersome and it would be extremely difficult to change any of that, with no guarantee that the result would be a functional feature. Games must evolve to fit the needs of modern players. I understand change is difficult however, but the reasoning given is genuine.

Scarlet.

Private
This is a feedback thread for the announcement posted here. Please leave any comments, questions or feedback below. Thank you!
I have played this game for so many years but without GVG it will be too boring. GE, PVP and GBG are just mind numbing. Guild Raids will not work for solo players or small guilds. GVG is the only reason i continue to play this game. Cut the number of maps if you must but leave it be please

Hektik Keef

Private
Actually the reasoning is very transparent and truthful. Neither has InnoGames ever claimed not to be a business; all gaming companies must pay their developers or there would be no games for anyone to play. The fact is, that around 1% of active players play GvG (I myself am one of that 1% so of course am sad to see it go), and the feature is resource heavy and cumbersome and it would be extremely difficult to change any of that, with no guarantee that the result would be a functional feature. Games must evolve to fit the needs of modern players. I understand change is difficult however, but the reasoning given is genuine.
no- it isn't genuine. Inno previously promised to keep it, and said would be NO SPEND ON UPDATES for it. Inno are now citing spend on updating it as reason for killing it.
which statement is the lie? the recent one saying its costing too much, or the old one saying they would not spend money on it? They cannot both be true.

Kyrael

FoE Team
Community Manager
no- it isn't genuine. Inno previously promised to keep it, and said would be NO SPEND ON UPDATES for it. Inno are now citing spend on updating it as reason for killing it.
which statement is the lie? the recent one saying its costing too much, or the old one saying they would not spend money on it? They cannot both be true.
All game features cost money simply to exist; just like you cannot switch on your lights without paying your electricity company :)

Forwandert

Lieutenant-General

To be fair, I don't think they fully understand how to fix it, Gvg was created under the old lead Dev Anwar and I've always gotten the feeling there's not many left that understand fully how it was written.

Just the way bug fixed took so long when they did do them. If there's no one left that can do anything with it that would make it not very cost effective if someone spends days doing something someone previously could take 5 minutes doing.

I think it's been heading for the bin for years but they waited longer for the active player numbers to die down.

Myrmidya

Private
GvG is what keeps me addicted to this game. Without GvG no reason to bother logging in.

You're killing the only feature in the game that gives us teamwork and joy of playing together. Yes, it's not perfect, but we love it. We love saying "Hi" in the guild chat in the evening. We love fighting, coordinating, we love the trust and friendships built on that battleground.
That's the point of playing a game. Social aspect is important to many of us. You're taking it away.
I doubt the guild raids will be a worthy replacement.