• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild Wars ?

DeletedUser3157

There are many paths to glory, but only one to dead, dont take the wrong InnoGames.
I have played many online war games but till today-25.01.2013- have never ever seen a war game were the DEFENDER can control his army in battle ( if someone know such a game, tell me please). I like FOE but i will never play it if i need to invest all my free time to make 200 battles a day (most will be defense). Just imagine, i go online, try to gather my coins or supplies and i got a pop up for battle, after 1 min the next and next and next, or i attack someone and he controls his army, the battle can take me 10-15 min and in the meanwhile i got again pop ups that someone is attacking me, what will happen, can i stop, fight whit them or first i must end my battle?
NO, i will just click on the "x" in the right corner and search for a new game.
Maybe you want to be the first who try this but dont forget "the first always die in battle".
So, before you make a such big step, be sure you will not make a big mistake.

I'm quite sure a simple and very fast turn timer could fix all those problems. If time runs out, AI makes the move for you. 5 or 10 seconds for a turn should be enough I'd think, making real PvP fights tad different from vs AI ones since you gotta think tad faster ala more RTS-like than current 100% turn based strategy.

Another way I'd imagine it working is that they bring a 4th tab next to naberhood, guild and friends. Sort of a PvP tab/room. So in that tab are people who are online and willing to engage in manual pvp fights(have chosen so). So when attacking those people, you are mentally already prepeared for coming fight to take time and be slow.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'm not sure that player controlled defence should be available to the standard towers. I'm in a different time zone to most and there are definite patterns to when people are mostly sleeping. So I just wait for those times and then fight ai only, which is probably an advantage to me, though having watched some of the battle replays I'm not sure it would be always :) Equally if most attack me when I sleep then I don't even get the option to defend. The whole timer issue is also a problem.
If everyone has to attack ai then it keeps a 'level playing field' with everyone having the same (dis)advantage.

From reading the blog though, I get the feeling that PvP will be separate, could be wrong here though, as it is on many other games. So enter a specific 'tower' and challenge players there. The 'guild wars' one where you fight over a map sounds like a World v World format.

I hope that this is the form they will take. That would solve the issue over timing as you'd choose to enter rather than having to respond at random times. It would also be a nice touch if small rewards were offered, not sure what format, maybe a medal or two for participating, a couple more for a win; and allow side bets between the players, so rather than plundering, you actually need to put up coin/supply/goods maybe even some of the medals you already have.

DeletedUser

I don't know many specifics on how the live pvp is going to be implemented, but I hope the potential for abuse is at least being considered in addition to the concerns raised above.

Like, will there be a way to prevent someone from talking to a friend in another guild and saying hey, load up your defense with advanced troops and just stand there and let me win?

DeletedUser

Like, will there be a way to prevent someone from talking to a friend in another guild and saying hey, load up your defense with advanced troops and just stand there and let me win?

Maybe if you control the defence of your town the troops actually die and you have to rebuild them, just like when you attack and have control. That might prevent this?

DeletedUser276

thats what I said.. I really dont think many people actually read my posts... sigh.

DeletedUser

Unknown. I assume they would as they need to prepair for other attacks from the many...
...Or you can choose to defend with your troops and your defending troops will take damage and you could lose troops defending BUT you are smarter than any AI and can defend your troops in a great way....
thats what I said.. I really dont think many people actually read my posts... sigh.

Saw the first, missed the second, sorry :p I do try to read it, but sometimes time constraint means I skim

We really really do appreciate your efforts :)

DeletedUser

Story time, children.

So there was this couple living in their modest house in a village about 800 yrs ago. The house was a bit far from the rest of the houses. It was at the foot of the hill and the family was making their living out of cutting trees ad selling it as wood. The man would cut in the mornings and carry it on his back down the hill. The wife would cook and take care of the house. And so one day exactly as the next.
But then, while walking the path down the hill, the man finds one day a horse shoe. Not new, but certainly in good conditions. They didn't own a horse, neither a mule but nevertheless to the poor man, it was worth something. Maybe he could sell it to the blacksmith or exchange it for a new axe, he figured.
So he takes it and puts it in the pocket.

In the evening, after a hard day's work both of them are sitting inside by the fire.
"It's been a few years i haven't seen my parents" - says the wife, while poking the fire - "i'd very much like to see them. They must be old and miss me."
The husband stares at the fire in silence and nods the head as if saying "hmmm, you are right."

For a moment, only the sound of cracking wood burning, is heard and then the man breaks the silence.
"I found a horse-shoe by the path today"
"Really? Who would have left it there" - the wife said
"Probably it was lose and fell of the feet of some traveler's horse."
"Did you take it?"
"Yeah"
"Maybe you'll find more. And one day we could have 4 of them. If we are lucky, we may find a lost saddle"

The man lifted the head and looked at her puzzled.
"And if this winter is cold, we could sell enough wood to save for a horse." - she continued.
"The horse costs a lot, but a mule can be found for cheaper" - said the man.
"A mule is not bad either. We could go to the range and get a young one."

"That's not bad. I could charge the wood on the mule's back and take it to the city. I wouldn't have to break my back anymore"
"No, no no" - protested the wife "we can't use the mule for hard labor. I will ride it to see my parents"

And so they started to fight over what would they use the mule for first.

=========

Point is: Let's not argue over a mule we don't have.

We just know a very few vague concepts about this guild war, yet people are arguing over technicalities and details of something they haven't seen or tried yet.

Player A imagines how it would be.

Player B goes as far as to warn the developers based on player's A imagination
Player C counter-argues and offers solutions to the problems player B points out, based on player A imagination.
Player D sides with player B and offers another angle at how bad this whole idea is and.....

I love it....... :D

P.S. apologies for offending any story writers here, with my poor attempt.

DeletedUser

There will be an April's Fool Quest and the reward will be a Horse-shoe. That's all i am allowed to say for now

:)

DeletedUser

As klevito has suggested, perhaps it is best to wait until we know some details before arguing about them and announcing the certain death of the whole game :) I'm quite sure the developers have worked on some games before, and have a hunch of what they are doing. So let's wait until they have done their jobs.

There would really not be much point in announcing details much ahead, since a lot of things can change in the meantime. It would just lead to pointless arguments over stuff that never is released anyways, and a very confusing conversation where the facts behind it keep changing. It is also much easier to give opinions based on your experiences using the feature, instead of wild guesses and hunches. We're all here to test the game, find the flaws, discuss the details.. Not to play a fully finished game. :)

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser

Hello there i think we should start having guild wars but we should be able to help our guild members by stationing troops in there cities or sending forge points supplies to help them build better troops.also instead of just taken things from defeated enemy they should get building damage and would need other guild members to help them repair the attack and building defence would be down to what attacking unit was used and which building ie troop buildings have higher defence that say houses but cost more to repair damage. as for the newbies give them a safety net where they can not be attacked say 3000 pts or two weeks so they can build also the big players of each guild would need to to help defend them I like this game but it is getting boring

DeletedUser276

-having guild wars but we should be able to help our guild members by stationing troops in there cities or sending forge points supplies to help them build better troops.

-also instead of just taken things from defeated enemy they should get building damage

-need other guild members to help them repair the attack and building defence would be down to what attacking unit was used and which building ie troop buildings have higher defence that say houses but cost more to repair damage.

-for the newbies give them a safety net where they can not be attacked say 3000 pts or two weeks so they can build also the big players of each guild would need to to help defend them I like this game but it is getting boring

no

your half correct

Maybe

No

DeletedUser

sorry i might be really stupid but i do not understand your reply no its not a good idea no its never going to happen what please explain in lamons terms but i can not see how your going to make the game more interesting to players who want guild wars and players could leave from what i can see the only point in being in a guild is to polish / motivate and get free trade with within guild to me that is boring its hard enough to get some players to post on guild forum but if we need to work as a team attack defend one another this would make the game more interesting in my opinion

DeletedUser

I think too much is unknown, uncertain and/or undisclosed to delve into the issue deeper and reveal more than has already been done in the past 6 pages..

- L

DeletedUser

very good point suppose i will just have to wait but i would hope the writers will think about stationing troops in other players cities that would be a nice touch

DeletedUser4333

what about people who have diamods and pull ahead really qwiqly im in a neigbour hood where there is people with 150,000 and people with 3,000

DeletedUser

I am at the top of my neighborhood in one world and in the top 10 on two other worlds. I fought hard to get there. I did not buy any diamonds. Not saying its a bad thing. Not saying I would not buy them. But I didn't, and I have no fear of fighting others who did buy them. There are some who appear to have bought diamonds in the neighborhood I am on top of. Purchasing diamonds did not help them as much as my perseverance and skills. . . . . so far.

DeletedUser

I think too much is unknown, uncertain and/or undisclosed to delve into the issue deeper and reveal more than has already been done in the past 6 pages..
Do we have know when official info would be available or where it would be available?

what about people who have diamods and pull ahead really qwiqly im in a neigbour hood where there is people with 150,000 and people with 3,000
I doubt that 150,000-3,000 difference is due to diamods and I suspect that both values will be within the deviation. There is some misconception about the fairness. Sure Diamonds seem unfair, so is having a good PC that allows you to pol/mot 10 times faster, so is people who has 10 times more time than you do, so is being part of an active guild, so is having better aptitude to tactic games, so is being lucky/unlucky in your hood merge etc etc..

For example in my hood, we have several diamond players and none of them is the top ranking player. Bottom line there is a finite number of players and there will always be someone on top and some who whines... I suggest a more productive solution than pointing the finger at the odd men out.