• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Guild Wars ?

DeletedUser276

I know that feel, bro. :p

I think it'll be a nice addition to the game, but again, a PvP upgrade. (Guess Innogames will never completely stray from focusing on PvP ;))
If this is still meant to be a civilization game, I'd like to see some upgrades or side-features for non-PvP players too. :)

- L

it isnt exactly a pvp feature... but then again I cant tell you exactly how it will be set up :P

DeletedUser

I dont want to thread necro but innogames have revealed something about what shape "guild wars" will have in this blog

Heres the snip about PvP:

"PvP will also receive some new, cool features. With live-battles, you can challenge other players on the battlefield, instead of fighting their AI-army. With guild battle maps, large groups of players will have to collaborate in order to conquer areas from other guilds and defeat them."

Not much but it certainly introduces "guild areas" you can conquer :)

DeletedUser

I dont want to thread necro but innogames have revealed something about what shape "guild wars" will have in this blog

Heres the snip about PvP:

"PvP will also receive some new, cool features. With live-battles, you can challenge other players on the battlefield, instead of fighting their AI-army. With guild battle maps, large groups of players will have to collaborate in order to conquer areas from other guilds and defeat them."

Not much but it certainly introduces "guild areas" you can conquer :)

Thanks for the great news, didn't know about that blog!

DeletedUser

sound epic :) going to be all out war if they do implement it, very soon i hope

DeletedUser

The blog is actually from july this year and in it they mention CA, GB's and PvP all to be implemented this year. Since we have gotten CA and GB's and its now december, they must have fallen behind their schedeule. But we can prolly expect this soonish?!

DeletedUser

Rumors and hints of Guild Wars have been going around for months, so they've definitely been working on it for a while.
So yeah, I'd say it's fair to say this will be coming soonish. :)

- L

DeletedUser

Rumors and hints of Guild Wars have been going around for months, so they've definitely been working on it for a while.
So yeah, I'd say it's fair to say this will be coming soonish. :)

- L

Just read this thread on so called Guild Wars. I'm not surprised it is slow in coming. If you think about it - it is a huge addition to the game. Really major. Not just a relatively simply bolt on like great buildiungs. My guess is it will have to be implemented in several phases to get in everything the developers might want. Lots of scope for bugs and problems though. Hope it is sufficiently well thought out that tiny guilds can participate and have fun, and not be dominated and frozen out by bigger guilds.

DeletedUser

"With guild battle maps, large groups of players will have to collaborate in order to conquer areas from other guilds and defeat them."

It sounds like there will be an entire new, separate map, like the one each player can conquer on his/her own. Or perhaps new sectors within the current map?
I think this will finally persuade the people who until now were stubborn enough not to join a guild, to take that step. :) If they haven't already capitulated due to other incentives... :p

I am so excited for this! How soon is soonish? :D

DeletedUser276

Springtime from what I have heard. Alot of the updates coming out soon are going to be fantastic. Alot of suggestions by players are going to be put forth in the next little while. Get ready... Guild Wars and Industrial Age are coming soon..... muhwahahaha Plus a bunch of other things.

DeletedUser

It's wonderful news that player feedback and suggestions are heard. :)
A bunch of other things in addition to Industrial Age and Guild Wars?? Wow, that's quite a cliffhanger you wrote there! :p

DeletedUser

I'm wondering how the great building bonuses will affect the changes that they may be implementing in the future. apparently they are going to make it so that players can control their defensive army. This on one hand is great but on the other is not. It is great as it will add more fun to the game and maybe even more potential attacks if it is a free for all attacking whoever you want to. On the other hand it raises more questions;

Will defensive armies replenish their health straight away?
Will defensive armies get a bonus from the great buildings? (If not this would place players at a distinct disadvantage).
Will there be an indication that a player has an attack bonus before we engage in combat?
Will we even be able to refuse a challenge?
~ddrd1981

DeletedUser276

Will defensive armies replenish their health straight away?

Unknown. I assume they would as they need to prepair for other attacks from the many.

Will defensive armies get a bonus from the great buildings? (If not this would place players at a distinct disadvantage).

There will be some changes to great buildings I think and also dont forget we have many more ages to come so more different types of great buildings can be added like say for defending controlled troops.

Will there be an indication that a player has an attack bonus before we engage in combat?

not sure.. there may be. But devs may think that you can look at their city before hand so should be able to see great buildings and figure it out yourself.

Will we even be able to refuse a challenge?

no. If your online and the enemy attacks you will get the choice of AI controlling it or you controlling the battle for your side.

dont forget though that this wont happen for a while yet. months down the road. so things may change or be added to accommodate the upcoming changes or even change the expected changes coming.

DeletedUser

Player controlled defenders are an extremely bad idea and should NEVER be implemented. I agree that the AI is stupid but think about it how many ways player controlled armies can be exploited... Feeding,trolling and it slows down the fight.
Examples:
Let's say i'm online and someone attacks me, there has to be a timer for me to choose if i want to defend or let the AI play, let's say 2 minutes. The attacker has to wait 2 minutes for my decision then i'll fight with 8 dragoons with 200% defence bonus. There has to be a timer to let me think about the move let's say 1minute/unit. That gives me 8 minutes to run away from the enemy and with dragoons he'll never catch me ( dunno if FGs can damage me with 120 defence but cannons definitely cant, mid-range units are getting killed by dragoons so it's not an option) The best offence against 8dragoons is 8 rangers, but they'll never catch me only if they scatter ( but then they lose against 6dragoons vs 1 ranger). This gives opportunity to fight for hours if someone wants to troll
Another example: I convince 10 of my neighbors to fight with 8 FGs against me but never shoot so i get the maximum points and rivals have no chance against me in the tower.

I'd definitely not fight my neighbors if i had to wait 2 minutes before every fight, i want to fight when i want and dont want to wait 2 minutes for nothing

DeletedUser

Zsaciku you've got a point there. But from my perspective as a player, i would guess that you'll be able to 'surf' around other villages. I think it'll work somewhat as a notification to which the defender can reply within a limited amount of time.

But this is just my guess, i can see a flaw even in my idea. For example what if in the meantime i attack another village and battle the A.I., and after i finish the fight it takes me directly to the online player i chose to attack before but this time a don't have an army left to fight.

So... it's pretty nice to stay here and try to guess what will happen but i'm sure it'll be something that is not of the ordinary. I conclude that after i have seen how Innogames implement several other ideas into the game. E.G: how the managed to totally wipe out the need for a bank in-game

DeletedUser6539

There are many paths to glory, but only one to dead, dont take the wrong InnoGames.
I have played many online war games but till today-25.01.2013- have never ever seen a war game were the DEFENDER can control his army in battle ( if someone know such a game, tell me please). I like FOE but i will never play it if i need to invest all my free time to make 200 battles a day (most will be defense). Just imagine, i go online, try to gather my coins or supplies and i got a pop up for battle, after 1 min the next and next and next, or i attack someone and he controls his army, the battle can take me 10-15 min and in the meanwhile i got again pop ups that someone is attacking me, what will happen, can i stop, fight whit them or first i must end my battle?
NO, i will just click on the "x" in the right corner and search for a new game.
Maybe you want to be the first who try this but dont forget "the first always die in battle".
So, before you make a such big step, be sure you will not make a big mistake.

DeletedUser

There are many paths to glory, but only one to dead, dont take the wrong InnoGames.
I have played many online war games but till today-25.01.2013- have never ever seen a war game were the DEFENDER can control his army in battle ( if someone know such a game, tell me please). I like FOE but i will never play it if i need to invest all my free time to make 200 battles a day (most will be defense). Just imagine, i go online, try to gather my coins or supplies and i got a pop up for battle, after 1 min the next and next and next, or i attack someone and he controls his army, the battle can take me 10-15 min and in the meanwhile i got again pop ups that someone is attacking me, what will happen, can i stop, fight whit them or first i must end my battle?
NO, i will just click on the "x" in the right corner and search for a new game.
Maybe you want to be the first who try this but dont forget "the first always die in battle".
So, before you make a such big step, be sure you will not make a big mistake.

I agree with you on this as I am worried that the new changes will make big implications for the game. I think they need to be clear about the changes in advance before they go ahead. They should leave these ideas open for debate and discussion like all of our ideas are open for debate.
If they overlook this then I'm sure this game will die in battle due to changes in battle, just as in real life
~ddrd1981!

DeletedUser276

when that feature comes up I am sure that they wont "force" you to control your defending troops. I am sure that you can select ai control and the battle takes place as it does now. Off your screen and on your enemies.

From what I "think" since I dont know all the exact details is it probably will be that if you dont control your troops it runs as now. No loss of troops or damage but the AI is stupid and you will lose easilly. Or you can choose to defend with your troops and your defending troops will take damage and you could lose troops defending BUT you are smarter than any AI and can defend your troops in a great way.

Dont forget though that things are changable. Ideas put in if better than the ideas the devs have will be taken for things. Nothing is written in stone.

DeletedUser

This is topic for "guild wars" not for new updates! What i want it's a guild wars and nothing else!!!