• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Other Guild Vs Guild Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
It appears to me that INNO is trying to find a way to open GvG to more players.
And it is my believe that the 4 hour turnover might have a postive effect on this.
Although no-one can be sure how it really will turn out untill it is tested.

Your comment make me believe that you might be afraid that more players will be able to compete with you on the GvG map.
Possibly your tactical knowledge is really limited, point is that you will have just even more ghost guilds wich only goals will be to grab sectors as fast as they can and then drop them behind themselfs and that is it but you are really limited player or someone who started game in last 3 months so you dont see big picture.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser116025

I do not have a lot of experience with GvG, you are right about that :blush:

If those ghost guilds will ruin it than counter that.
You mention that dropping sectors is part of their game then make that harder and stop them from that side.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
So holding 20 sectors in AA will cost guild 2000 medals per hour (20X10) to shield whatever sectors they wish

i am not saying this is what the cost should be but lets have a shield hourly cost
any serious guild can give 500k medals per day for sure and if we stick to your prices i will grab 50 high power sectors and then pay 120.000 medals each day and will lock down AA map permanently, we agree on that?

knycknac

Private
Guilds splitting is not the solution that you think it will be

1. Cooling off period before returning to main guild
2. Will only really work for AA map due to goods needed for lower age maps
3. Newly formed guilds will not have the benefits that the level 50+ guilds have

This is going to happen so try and find a method to help this happen
my medal hourly pay is a suggestion and the amounts are a starting suggestion only

Ceban

Brigadier-General
I do not have a lot of experience with GvG, you are right about that :blush:

If those ghost guilds will ruin it than counter that.
You mention that dropping sectors is part of their game then make that harder and stop them from that side.
ok, let me explain that to you in details without any bad intentions, atm you have guilds with 25 fighters, if they let calc every 4 hours those guild will get sick of defending and will go on attack mode and will just split their fighters in 5 guilds and land on guild or guilds wich they target in 5 diferent spots and start to eat them every 4 hours piece by piece, after they finish one then they will pick other one and will eat other one piece by piece, and so on and so on, for ghosting they dont need a lot of goods but for holding power in GvG you need. if they bring in calcs every 4 hours then GvG wont have anything with brain and tactic at all. and just for the record, all this is happening cause inno developers got lazy to create maps for each era and waste goods for each era but they decided to do that idiotic all ages map and now they dont know what to do with it... and how this all looks to me its try to destroy GvG nd to make battleground more popular but this way they can tell players left GvG alone and they didnt destroyed it but just fixed it.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Guilds splitting is not the solution that you think it will be

1. Cooling off period before returning to main guild
2. Will only really work for AA map due to goods needed for lower age maps
3. Newly formed guilds will not have the benefits that the level 50+ guilds have

This is going to happen so try and find a method to help this happen
my medal hourly pay is a suggestion and the amounts are a starting suggestion only
guild splitting IS solution that i think it will be cause:

1. if we/they move to hunt we wont do it every 3 days but we stay on hunt for weeks or months
2. it will work everywhere cause if i have to pay 5 of each goods to take sector and then someone must pay 380 of each goods to retake it what you think how long big guilds will stay big and able to fight cause of their treasury???
3. why you think that 5 big players on a mission to destroy someone need guild level 75??? and most of really big and relevant guilds already have few guilds on decent levels where they can send their fighters and destroy any guild wich they want.
you got explanation for all 3 of your arguments, anything else?

knycknac

Private
Ok so a guild splits for a week or move players to there allied guilds
They eat up all the map working behind those ghosting guilds great
Now lets say that we take on board my suggestion of Medals cost to add hourly protection
Make this hourly cost equivalent to the cost of attacking another sector maybe still not a great loss but gives some more use to medals
These guilds that would split up already have a large chunk of the map and possibly will work to get more which they already do in AA
But like always the LZ will be the issues and strtegies will be worked out
Yes i am fully aware that we all have a surplus of medals we are likely to never touch but this gives us something to do with them
just like the antique dealer is giving us something to do with our large inventory
what real change will it all be ??
make the top guilds work a bit harder and use some medals
Yes it would be great if Inno had made AF VF OF and SAM maps and this should have been done

DeletedUser116025

1. if we/they move to hunt we wont do it every 3 days but we stay on hunt for weeks or months
2. it will work everywhere cause if i have to pay 5 of each goods to take sector and then someone must pay 380 of each goods to retake it what you think how long big guilds will stay big and able to fight cause of their treasury???
3. why you think that 5 big players on a mission to destroy someone need guild level 75??? and most of really big and relevant guilds already have few guilds on decent levels where they can send their fighters and destroy any guild wich they want.

Yes please.

What is wrong with the idea of introducing a timer in between consecutieve attacks on a sector player based?
That would give the defending guild time to stop the seige.
And since it would be player based it is not in favor of ghost guilds.
I think the big establish guilds with many fighters would have an advantage.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Yes please.

What is wrong with the idea of introducing a timer in between consecutieve attacks on a sector player based?
cause then maps would be frozen forever, that isnt solution also, if that happend this second my guild would have biggest profit from it on world which is my main but that is simply silly to save someone cause he hasn't prepared adequately to defend on fair 1 vs 1 fight,they cant remove bots that is part which worrys me more.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Yes please.

this is how all ages map look in our world atm:
http://prntscr.com/oehlly
so why you think i wouldnt like advantage for defenders atm??? but its crazy and unplayable

Emberguard

Legend

Let’s for the moment assume you’re correct and it causes guild splitting to be more prolific as a tactic. It’s definitely a possibility. How often do you see guild splitting now and how often do they last in relationship with each other? Reason I ask is current circumstances are the best indication of possible future scenarios.

Personally I’ve not seen many last once they split. Mostly I’ve seen them split and then after a while either cease to function or break away completely.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Thanks for your screen capture. It perfectly shows one of the major problems. You're sitting on about half of AA and clearly need to be cut down somehow.

Clearing all maps once a month or so could be a solution.
so cause of your incompetence maps should be reseted, that is your sugestion?

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Let’s for the moment assume you’re correct and it causes guild splitting to be more prolific as a tactic. It’s definitely a possibility. How often do you see guild splitting now and how often do they last in relationship with each other? Reason I ask is current circumstances are the best indication of possible future scenarios.

Personally I’ve not seen many last once they split. Mostly I’ve seen them split and then after a while either cease to function or break away completely.
in good guilds wich are organised and have common goal this is really possible and work well, even now some guilds are sending their players to ghost but with this 4 hour resets potential of ghosting will be a lot bigger.

so cause of your incompetence maps should be reseted, that is your sugestion?

Hahaha :D After more than 5 years in this game I really don't feel very incompetent. On the contrary. But thanks for the insult.
Not many players or guilds are "incompetent", as you keep calling them. They are just smaller and less experienced than the "big guys".
A lot of (new) players in low eras and smaller young guilds are eager to join gvg. But they can't. If they try, they're are wiped away instantly.
It takes months of stocking troops and goods, leveling GBs and increasing military boosts, before new players are able to set a foot in gvg.
We have to find a way to make gvg more easily accessible for all players, newbies and oldies and everyone in between.

Last edited:

knycknac

Private
This is exactly what i am referring to
Ceban you are a prime example of what i mean (and i am not having a go at you) as i fully understand where you are coming from
and hence taking on board your comments looking for a solution

When most of the top players get together in a guild they are most likely to rule the game and kill the guild aspect of the game off
for other guilds looking for top spot -- which is something that as humans we have a major tendency to strive towards and in a game
when we feel it is not a possibility generally interest dies and players move on to other games --specially as the choices are growing daily
with new games appearing nearly daily of the same genre.

I have seen on my server how a certain guild holds an area which is not touchable by any guild as they are dedicated to being online at reset and using Bots
they have released and retaken all the LZ within a couple of minutes -- i watched and timed it seeing 10 full sectors retaken in under 2 min so how can you expect the majority of players to compete with this -- and a 2nd guild hold the majority of the other half of the sectors which even when a group of allied guilds
with the rest of the top players playing GvG gathered together found it very hard to do much due to not having the ability to be online daily at reset.

The Big problem is RESET time as we have seen many mention so maybe reset should be every 22 hours thus meaning it will suit all the players due to their time zone .

Now if reset was changed to this what are your thoughts on this Ceban ?? do you think this would be better ?
with protection shields lasting the 22 hours!!

Ceban

Brigadier-General
This is exactly what i am referring to
Ceban you are a prime example of what i mean (and i am not having a go at you) as i fully understand where you are coming from
and hence taking on board your comments looking for a solution

When most of the top players get together in a guild they are most likely to rule the game and kill the guild aspect of the game off
for other guilds looking for top spot -- which is something that as humans we have a major tendency to strive towards and in a game
when we feel it is not a possibility generally interest dies and players move on to other games --specially as the choices are growing daily
with new games appearing nearly daily of the same genre.

I have seen on my server how a certain guild holds an area which is not touchable by any guild as they are dedicated to being online at reset and using Bots
they have released and retaken all the LZ within a couple of minutes -- i watched and timed it seeing 10 full sectors retaken in under 2 min so how can you expect the majority of players to compete with this -- and a 2nd guild hold the majority of the other half of the sectors which even when a group of allied guilds
with the rest of the top players playing GvG gathered together found it very hard to do much due to not having the ability to be online daily at reset.

The Big problem is RESET time as we have seen many mention so maybe reset should be every 22 hours thus meaning it will suit all the players due to their time zone .

Now if reset was changed to this what are your thoughts on this Ceban ?? do you think this would be better ?
with protection shields lasting the 22 hours!!
Why to have calc at all? And i really mean it... why to have calc at all and get stucked with lags cause all players pile up on same time, why dont give to sector that its shielded 24 hours from second when its taken??? Power recalc is at midnight game time, what you hold at that moment for that you get power but sector lose shield 24 hour after it is captured and that way you will solve the problem cause each sector will lose protection diferent time.

Why to have calc at all? And i really mean it... why to have calc at all and get stucked with lags cause all players pile up on same time, why dont give to sector that its shielded 24 hours from second when its taken??? Power recalc is at midnight game time, what you hold at that moment for that you get power but sector lose shield 24 hour after it is captured and that way you will solve the problem cause each sector will lose protection diferent time.

Yes, that's been suggested a few times before. Maybe not in this thread. That the sectors should be shielded 24 h "after they are captured" instead of 24 h after recalc. Not a bad idea imo. I like the 4 h (or maybe just 6 or 8 h) shield idea better though.

Last edited:

BruteForceAttack

Warrant Officer

"Power recalc is at midnight game time, what you hold at that moment for that you get power "

Wouldn't that slowly lead to everyone will try and login an hour or so (as close to midnight as possible)before midnight to conquer tiles??

DeletedUser116025

cause then maps would be frozen forever, that isnt solutio also, if that happend this second my guild would have biggest profit from it on world wich is my main but that is simply idiotic to save someone cause he is incompetent to defend on fair 1 vs 1 fight,they cant remove bots that is part wich worrys me more.

With the 4 hours turnover people are afraid that ghost will kick big establish guilds of the map
With a delay for attacking sectors there is the fear that established guilds will rule the map (which they in a way already do)
Does the combination of the 2 not result in what is wanted?

Adding delays for attacking a sector seem to me a perfect parameter that can be tweaked in all kind of ways to find a balanced solution.
For instance the delay could only start after a player did X attacks. So that a guild is still able to quickly take 1 sector with a coordinated attack (and bigger guilds more sectors). While a small gosth guild with limited number of players would need to wait giving the defenders time to stop them.
If the ghost guild is with so many they do have enough members to take over a well defended sector is it then still a ghost guild? Or would that be considered as fair GvG gameplay.

Adding delays could also be a solution to counter a tactic I just read about and that is percieved to be unfair.
The one where guilds release and conquer LZ just after the reset, to make sure no-one can hit them during the rest of the day.
They still would be able todo that with some of the sectors (nothing wrong with that). Just not longer with all of them.

It also does not have to be a timer for the delay. Just to give another altarnative it is also possible to limit the number of attacks on the GVG map (not really like that). Think that will also limit the effect of ghost clearing a map with a 4 hour reset. They would be able todo some damage and then will have to wait untill the next reset to get more attack turns and thus a delay is added slowing them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.