• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Other Guild Vs Guild Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser112017

many more peeps doing gvg havent posted and all those who say its boring with present setup

It is boring as hell. Things will surely liven up with 4hrs "recalc".

I was never a map watcher, I enjoy my RL too much to do that, I like to log in for 10-15 mins, do some fights and log off. It's called "playing", I like to play a game, I don't like to watch a still image for 2 hours wondering if someone will hit our guild.

So with those changes, all of us who want to actually play a game when they can/want to is great, and there are many more players like that compared to a minority of map watchers.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
And one more point, I counted (might not be 100% right as I did it by glancing over - but here are the results):

Players who so far wrote on this thread: 53
Players who are opposing 4hrs "recalc", or are opposing all changes or calling devs incompetent (thus probably that 4hrs timer too): 19
Players who are either supportive of 4hrs "recalc", neutral or didn't express their stance towards it: 34

I can count. Not sure about you.

Give or take a few... it's still a minority of people that are expressing their whining about 4hrs recalc. This thread would be the main place where people would start throwing rocks if there was a major negative change. However, that never happened.

I'm not counting the number of posts from each individual, as you wrote many posts with insulting others or boasting about your stats (which are actually mediocre), but the sheer number of posts from one person doesn't make a stance of others any different.
COUNT AGAIN and tell me how many players told that 4 hours calcs are great idea, all support this changes in general cause of removing spears and cause of removing bugs but how many players told that 4 hours calcs are great idea???Only ghosters like you wich are useless in current GvG so must ghost... :) some agree to place 2 or 3 calcs per day but almost all told 6 is insanity, and how interesting that you counted 'neutral' ones on your side/supporting 4 hours calcs, now tell us number how many of players posting here told that 4 hours calcs are good idea???

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser112017

you arent the brightest but still i will reply... NOW COUNT AGAIN and tell me how many players told that 4 hours calcs are great idea, all support this changes in general cause of removing spears and cause of removing bugs but how many players told that 4 hours calcs are great idea???Only ghosters like you wich are useless in current GvG so must ghost... :) some agree to place 2 or 3 calcs per day but almost all told 6 is insanity, and how interesting that you counted 'neutral' ones on your side/supporting 4 hours calcs, now tell us number how many of players posting here told that 4 hours calcs are good idea???
12 openly said they like that proposed change. "almost all said 6 is insanity" means, once again, 19 were against it, out of 53 who wrote here. That's a minority.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
12 openly said they like that proposed change. "almost all said 6 is insanity" means, once again, 19 were against it, out of 53 who wrote here. That's a minority.
you alone just told its 12 for 4 hours calcs and 19 against 4 hours calcs and others didnt gave straight answer and you explaining majority and minority???

DeletedUser112017

53 people were writing on this particular thread, let's assume they are interested in GvG changes. I said there are a minority of whiners, which counts to 19 (at least at the moment). If someone came here but didn't write against 4 hrs recalc, it means they came here and didn't write against 4 hrs recalc.

knycknac

Private
Well from my main server those that i have spoken with have mixed views on the 4 hour shields
But a different once a day recalc times would suit better for more varied participation

On the guild troops idea -- each player can build any 2 guild barracks in there city (expansion needed) that place troops specifically in a guild barracks building that those with rights can use
The Guild barracks are expanded by having a new feature that players need to collect to donate to building much like promethium
Yes this will be of very little use in the early stages as it will need to be cleared quickly for more troops to be added but as it grows it becomes more and more beneficial like most things do

To avoid ghosting guilds shields are equal in max hourly length to the number of members divided by 5 once sector taken

Just some thoughts to open up possible further discussion :)

DeletedUser

if i'm being counted in figures i'll make it clear only thing i support out of changes proposed is 4hr recalc and then with hq moving and releasing sectors on that timer also,,,edited

DeletedUser

Well from my main server those that i have spoken with have mixed views on the 4 hour shields
But a different once a day recalc times would suit better for more varied participation

On the guild troops idea -- each player can build any 2 guild barracks in there city (expansion needed) that place troops specifically in a guild barracks building that those with rights can use
The Guild barracks are expanded by having a new feature that players need to collect to donate to building much like promethium
Yes this will be of very little use in the early stages as it will need to be cleared quickly for more troops to be added but as it grows it becomes more and more beneficial like most things do

To avoid ghosting guilds shields are equal in max hourly length to the number of members divided by 5 once sector taken

Just some thoughts to open up possible further discussion :)

shields should be same for all

Addonexus

Chief Warrant Officer
most people that like 4h shields are people that ghost and farm points. however, you wont enjoy it long time. it will be matter of time before people stop defending the sectors. so you will need to use 8 troops to siege undefended sector, and do 9 battles and then repeat, or 10 battles and land. also most of the defences if there are put any, will be crap defence just to fill it up in the begining. so while the 4h will give more points to the ghosts and point farmers, within weeks there will be nothing to farm. so dont hope it will be all great for the farmers.
longer protection for the sectors is a must if you want people to bother defending the sectors.
24h cooldown after releasing a sector will prevent people from blocking LZs every calc

DeletedUser

shouldnt be any handicapping no matter wot size your guild is,its just totally wrong

DeletedUser

most people that like 4h shields are people that ghost and farm points. however, you wont enjoy it long time. it will be matter of time before people stop defending the sectors. so you will need to use 8 troops to siege undefended sector, and do 9 battles and then repeat, or 10 battles and land. also most of the defences if there are put any, will be crap defence just to fill it up in the begining. so while the 4h will give more points to the ghosts and point farmers, within weeks there will be nothing to farm. so dont hope it will be all great for the farmers.
longer protection for the sectors is a must if you want people to bother defending the sectors.
24h cooldown after releasing a sector will prevent people from blocking LZs every calc

personaly not interested in pts and in how may sectors to keep,open more LZs all around maps

Deleted member 109369

We are going through this thread currently and removing or editing a number of comments that are personal attacks or insulting. Those have no place here. Whilst passions for GvG run high, players can, and are expected to, voice their opinions without insulting others. Please be civil in your postings and towards your fellow players.

DeletedUser

It is boring as hell. Things will surely liven up with 4hrs "recalc".

I was never a map watcher, I enjoy my RL too much to do that, I like to log in for 10-15 mins, do some fights and log off. It's called "playing", I like to play a game, I don't like to watch a still image for 2 hours wondering if someone will hit our guild.

So with those changes, all of us who want to actually play a game when they can/want to is great, and there are many more players like that compared to a minority of map watchers.

yeah re-calc 4hr thing
best fun i've ever had doing gvg was on AA map when i was on east nagach,with low att boost low traz as a maverick,later of course in that other guild who tried to lap up to the two sides at same time these were bad days everynight watching

was 3rd person on FE and about same on AA map here on Rugnir,it was interesting doing fresh new maps took a number of sectors good ones,but always knew i wasnt going to keep them in the summer months as you say other thing to irl,,,so let them go or be taken,plan is to return autum/winter and act as a maverick guild,we may have campaigns that last 2/3 days on any map,one thing for sure we wont have loads to watch over,we'll fight when we want,win or lose aim is just to have fun,,,,,depends wot they do in these changes

DeletedUser

and spears are very important on AA map for new peeps have seen a couple of iron age age guilds get a sector(they didnt stay ther long) but i thought it was good,,,,,have this stupid thing about highest units replacing units in released sectors is daft,sorry

DeletedUser

you can take a sector on AA map with spears i've done it,ok i set it up with rogs as DA first lol

Agent327

Overlord
and spears are very important on AA map for new peeps have seen a couple of iron age age guilds get a sector(they didnt stay ther long) but i thought it was good,,,,,have this stupid thing about highest units replacing units in released sectors is daft,sorry

There is an iron age map for iron age guilds.

Emberguard

Legend
@kingrobert111 It's more likely a guild (as a whole) will be aware of there being an Iron Age map then them being completely unaware of there being one

If they've chosen to go to AA then they must have at the very least looked at the selection screen to enter All Ages.

DeletedUser

On Rugnir with a brand new map we found FE units in AA NPCs,if you open another brand new world wot are they going to be still FE or Mars units will these silly changes effect that?

DeletedUser

@kingrobert111 It's more likely a guild (as a whole) will be aware of there being an Iron Age map then them being completely unaware of there being one

If they've chosen to go to AA then they must have at the very least looked at the selection screen to enter All Ages.

of course lol,i think they just saw an opportunity on AA map with maybe 1 spear in it or something and took it,they sould be appluaded for doing so imo

Status
Not open for further replies.