• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Guild vs Guild Recalculation Timer Changes

I'm sure Inno know the numbers and if they are trying to get rid of GvG by the back door then it's for a reason and they're pretty confident the game would continue to make them money

Last edited by a moderator:
That's your opinion. Majority of the players do not participate in GvG. What does that tell you?

Treassure Hunt was killed for that reason. Can you spot the pattern?

theres no app for mobile players and quite a few would like to do it,the comparison between gvg-ge on OP people get personal rewards from ge and of course both pc/mobilers can do it

I'm sure Inno know the numbers and if they are trying to get rid of GvG by the back door then it's for a reason and they're pretty confident the game would continue to make them money

5% play GvG, it was estimated by someone a while ago. Is it worth keeping a feature alive for 5% of the players?
Those 5% are the most active players and those who spend the most money on the game, it's been claimed. Don't know if that is true. Personally I know a lot of players who don't care about GvG at all, but they love the rest of the game, they are highly active and some of them also spend money on the game.

Last edited:

DeletedUser104881

We've removed some further posts for personal attacks. Please remember to be respectful to one another, and remain on topic. We are seeing some constructive and useful feedback, and we'd like to encourage you to try and be as constructive as possible in your feedback.

DeletedUser115348

This update is totally broke and unstrategical.. Players can just utilize the broken 3 hq moves daily but 16 hour shields and worm there way all over maps with absolutely no way to defend. Unbelievable how this got approved and is still not fixed. THIS IS CLEARLY BROKE INNO. No logic needed now for a game that claims to be a strategy game.. Even if a low number play gvg.. Whatever. This update is clearly broke and unfeasible for the players that do enjoy gvg. No excuses for this. Go back to one calc and the way gvg was before this broken slog of an update was forced out inno. Fix this today.

DeletedUser115348

AAAARRRGGGHHH, this thing is unplayable now!

2 weeks?? there´s not going to be NOTHING left in 2 weeks!!

1 year of planning, strategic placement, gb, troops development, goods; all gone in 2 days.
While they discuss how to fix what they "upgraded" in a committee!!

YES, this is the "Worm effect", no defense against it

UNEXCEPTABLE. Fix this broken update inno games.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Here we go again!

Some sieges can be placed straight away
Some sieges can be place 30 seconds later, by which time another guild has beaten us to it.
Some sieges can't be placed at all.

What the hell is going on Inno - why aren't you answering us?

Deleted member 109369

We're looking into the issues with the update this morning. I'm sorry I don't have an answer yet.

DeletedUser7223

Someone should be sacked for this boo boo , at this stage of the game this should not be acceptable . It just keeps getting worse for Inno .
Taking an early lunch break from work to do noon reset & to find out sectors can't be sieged . I don't know why I bother anymore with this incompetent rubbish .

DeletedUser115348

This is ridiculous.. Why was gvg ever changed? For all this garbage? This is an "improvement" go back to one calc. This mode/game is broke.. Lost my respect inno games..

DeletedUser115071

Was this update approved by beta players?
If yes, blame them, not Inno.
If it wasn't - why did it get released? Deadlines?

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
After today it is time to walk the shame road like on GOT...shame....shame...shame....shame....shame.....

Thank you inno for destroying GvG, many players will stop playing it and even FOE because of developer incompetence, and this is not a lie, this is fact.

Spending hours to make strategy, and then in the blink of the eye because of Inno incompetence its all lost. And no one is responsible for this. Sory but no one need this. Have a fun with this broken game.

Wraven

Private
We're looking into the issues with the update this morning. I'm sorry I don't have an answer yet.

HI - bugs identified so far (update i managed to take the released sectors now after opening a ticket specifically for that but not sure if it will happen again).

- map sectors and everything except the background disappear when i change ages too look at other maps
- fully green screen where the maps should be, with only the chat working, if i try to change age again
- issues with number of available releases (2x right) even though i should have available releases after reset
- delay in being able to retake a released sector right after reset - cant set siege for a while (enough time for our enemies to do it)
- lagging

DeletedUser111115

The problem is that these average sized guilds don't have any intentions to keep their sectors, all they want is to farm points and leave their sectors open with 1 DA once the shields fall. Yes, our guild might have become top 1 in a few weeks, but we had to donate copious amounts of goods, spend several units on DAs, plan out resets, watch maps etc. Don't you think we deserve a bit more than an average guild? All im saying is that attacking is too easy at the moment and defending is too hard. If average size guilds really want to have a chance they need to be able to fill DAs in order to compete... That is why i think they should be free to unlock. No average size guild can afford the costs of unlocking DAs on a daily basis.
And let me bring something else up. You don't think its fair for a team to be formed that becomes top 1 right away, but think about the other route we could have taken. Don't you think that if we wanted we could wipe out a map end to end while releasing behind sectors? Imagine now if our team could move HQ 3 times. If we wanted we could get into FE map and swipe through it in a few days. We don't do that because everyone would hate us, as they should. But just something to think about.
It doesn't matter if you form a guild today and you kill anyone tomorrow, or you grow with your guild in few years. In both cases, players are "geared" enough to fight at the same level. The main issue is that the defending guilds have no chance on defending. Bugs or no bugs, the game mechanics are not allowing the defender to have a word in it...simple as that. And is infuriating and frustrating to feel hopeless. We all spent years developing and seing our work gone in days because of poor design, is not ok. It feels like buying a Toyota because they are reliable and after some time you get recalled for an update. Your car starts driving itself in walls and you can't do nothing about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111115

those paying for this game are mostly adults with jobs. 3 calcs makes it impossible to have even 50% attendance. If the international argument is brought up, then why you intend to apply those changes for regional servers, like Romanian, Polish, German, etc? And even so, make it 2 calcs every 12 hours. This way both hemispheres can play it and attendance is higher on both sides.

DeletedUser111115

Considering we are an International Server, at what times would three equally spaced resets work the best for your Guild? (Please consider your Guild, not just personal preferences).
2 calcs every 24 hours, considering the 2 hemispheres should be taken into account, not personal guild preferences lol. But I'd like to see InnoGames discuss this topic on the german server, where everyone has the same hour. Will they keep 3 calcs on times prefered by the top 3 guilds? LOL

DeletedUser115071

2 calcs every 24 hours, considering the 2 hemispheres should be taken into account, not personal guild preferences lol. But I'd like to see InnoGames discuss this topic on the german server, where everyone has the same hour. Will they keep 3 calcs on times prefered by the top 3 guilds? LOL
giphy.gif

You! I like you!

DeletedUser111115

However...did any Inno employee considered scrapping the calc ideea alltogether? Why need a calc when we can simply have a 24 hour countdown to any new aquired sector. After that 24 hour, cash the points if you still own it. This way every guild can make theyr own calc without forcing people to log 3 times a day, or have alarm clock in the middle of the night.

However...did any Inno employee considered scrapping the calc ideea alltogether? Why need a calc when we can simply have a 24 hour countdown to any new aquired sector. After that 24 hour, cash the points if you still own it. This way every guild can make theyr own calc without forcing people to log 3 times a day, or have alarm clock in the middle of the night.

Yes, 24h protection from when a sector is taken. Or maybe 12h. Or even 8h or 4h.
Or do you mean no protection at all, only a 24h countdown to calc?

Last edited: