• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Guild vs Guild Recalculation Timer Changes

DeletedUser103845

the biggest problem with the update to resets every 8 hours is that the shields last up to 16 hours and you can't "read" the maps for which shields are new or from 2 resets back, tracking this is insane for our own sectors (we try but it causes confusion for all players) let alone enemy guilds around us as to which shields will stay or drop for protection each reset.

this has to be shown with a better logging and coloring of the sector, maybe Yellow for those about to lose protection and solid green for the ones that have not already been through 1 reset. Another tab on the log for tracking sectors and HQ moves would help, or the yellow star one has never had terribly useful info and could have more permanent record of sector gain/loss and HQ moves for the past 24 hours. That would help, as the log for gvg has always been a bit poor, only shows the last 25 or so entries. The log has never kept a long enough sector change history, as important things get pushed off by all the fighting entries.

the biggest problem with the update to resets every 8 hours is that the shields last up to 16 hours and you can't "read" the maps for which shields are new or from 2 resets back, tracking this is insane for our own sectors (we try but it causes confusion for all players) let alone enemy guilds around us as to which shields will stay or drop for protection each reset.

this has to be shown with a better logging and coloring of the sector, maybe Yellow for those about to lose protection and solid green for the ones that have not already been through 1 reset. Another tab on the log for tracking sectors and HQ moves would help, or the yellow star one has never had terribly useful info and could have more permanent record of sector gain/loss and HQ moves for the past 24 hours. That would help, as the log for gvg has always been a bit poor, only shows the last 25 or so entries. The log has never kept a long enough sector change history, as important things get pushed off by all the fighting entries.

Yes, fix the log somehow. It's not working very well.

KronikPillow

Sergeant
there is a serious bug in GvG ... let me explained detailed ...

when we release a sector pre reset, like 1-2 mins pre reset, or 10 seconds pre reset, and reset comes, we can not attack that sector for at least 2-3 mins after reset, and that allowed our enemies to shield them selves, as we were practically sitting there not being able to do anything, the game was recognizing it as if they were released after reset ... so if i release a few minutes / seconds before 12 PM, i can't siege the sector after 12 PM as the game still thinks it is part of the previous reset ... a few times we had a problem like this already, and a few times enemy managed to shield because of that and has cost us a lot of land and goods, other times, when the enemy was afk or focusing on a different era, we were sitting there thinking what to do, and about 2-3 minutes after reset, the game recognized that its a sector released before reset, and allows us to siege it .... I think this release was done premature ... and your ruining everyone's GvG experience, players cant keep up their troop counts, cant keep up with the goods needed, and all efforts that are made are ruined by these kind of bugs, and the inability to see how much a shield lasts, also any efforts we make and progress we make, gets ruined at 4 AM or 12 PM as this is a International Server but it's predominant player population is EU time zone players, is this another way of Inno wanting to get rid of GvG? Especially now with GbG coming, I hear that players can score a lot of points htere, but that the fights become very hard, and that losses will be big .... I can't recover my troops from daily GvG with a lvl 102 Traz, yet alone if I had to do GbG, interest in GvG will be totally lost .... revert this stupid update, and think about it more, make it usable, then publish it to the global server to see how people react to it, you will not get positive feedback with a half done update and do it before everyone's treasury is destroyed by ghosting guilds as now small guilds who just want to ghost and ruin people's treasuries have the highest advantage in the game, especially the US time zone players who's only goal is to do this

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Laying sieges is totally broken.

This is so serious - why is there no response from Inno?!!

Last edited:

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Whoever thought it was a good idea to release this "update" on a live server should be sacked. This isn't even a beta test issue - this is alpha testing. Something this broken should have been tested in house. Beta testing is to find anomalies and quirks - not fundamentally flawed issues.

It's ridiculous!

KronikPillow

Sergeant
there is an additional bug regarding the releases bug ... now sectors can't be released after reset either even thou we didn't use up the releases

https://0x0.st/zv6c.png
https://0x0.st/zv6T.png
https://0x0.st/zv6A.png
https://0x0.st/zv6m.png

look at the reset timer on the screenshots, I still can't release sectors and its been 40 mins since reset... people are losing interest in GvG completely about this stupid update, it's running everyone's experience

@Naitchimarii that is exactly what LoW is doing, we have been top 1 1111 days, we dropped all land, and now we play with max 5 sectors, and before we siege a 6th, we release 3 back sectors, and attack, 3x a day, destroying enemy guilds treasuries ..... plus ... lets not even mention the no timers on shields, the release bugs, the fact that now neither a strong guild or a small guild can be competitive and actually keep some land and defend it, the fact that players wont be able to keep up with their troops and goods with GbG coming soon, and the fact that they brought this update so that a small 5% of US players on a International server can do GvG, so that they would together with Inno ruin the entire experience for the 95% of EU time zone based players ... that small % should stick to their time zones if they want to do GvG .... I was sceptic about the comments that Inno wants to make people lose interest in GvG and get rid of it eventually, but now I'm starting to think more and more that it is true ... GvG is the only reason I play this game, and GvG is the only reason many of us play this game, I don't know where they got that statistic that only 5% of all players play GvG, did they count the 25-30 000 inactive accounts per server in to that statistic? because GvG is pretty much alive on all servers, and there was action every day, there were small bugs that needed fixing, not a update that brought more bugs

DeletedUser111769

In all honesty, GvG now really sucks. I am just wondering if this is Innos way of killing GvG? The previous reset worked very well, why did you change it? We asked to fix the bugs in GvG not redesign it.Took Inno forever to fix all the previous bugs, now you go and change the entire thing and we are stuck with new bugs all over. Just put it back the way it was, at least we knew what bugs we had and found our own ways to get around it.

CPaulius

Private
1 sectors recapture after release and sectors release number(2 per reset) are misaligned with actual reset time by exactly 1 hour. It can't be very hard to fix seriously:mad:

DeletedUser579

I though that the whole idea of having Beta was so things could be tried out in advance and any problems ironed out, so why is the EN server being used to try out the new recalc arrangements AND FAILING BADLY !!!
It has been accepted strategy to release sectors just before recalc and resiege them straight after in order to preserve a frontline. Now sometimes it is possible to do this and on other occasions ( like this evening) it does not allow a guild to siege a sector released before recalc. ( or even attack an enemy siege on those sectors ). tonight this has resulted in Arvahalls #1 guild losing many sectors on the AA map without any opportunity to react . Many players who have been playing this game for a long time are talking about giving up as it has ruined GvG which is their primary reason to play.
This needs addressing FAST !

DeletedUser110145

Today, I fought for 5 mins, needed to refresh my system 3 times as it was showing a map with no sector!
Amazing work Inno!!! keep up the ??? work!!!!! When you cannot handle something, why you touch it!!!!

DeletedUser118264

https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/update-to-1-162.38116/page-2#post-393691

I also stated upthread (although possibly buried now) that we are aware of the issue
what praeceptor said RE alpha testing not Beta testing is true. This is beyond a joke, it really is.
and inno need to recognize this an issue thats a total killer- they need to either pull their fingers out and ditch the update and put gam back to last version within 2hrs or freeze gvg till they fix it-
cos its utterly broken- freeze the maps till you fix this or get it fixed within the day, for christs sake- because the game is now utterly rigged in favour of guild attacking, is no workable defence..

and the stock replay "we looking at this..."

what we talking- ?
weeks?
months?
years?
cos you "been looking at " some gvg issues years and not bothered to fix them...

DeletedUser118264

what praeceptor said RE alpha testing not Beta testing is true. This is beyond a joke, it really is.
and inno need to recognize this an issue thats a total killer- they need to either pull their fingers out and ditch the update and put gam back to last version within 2hrs or freeze gvg till they fix it-
cos its utterly broken- freeze the maps till you fix this or get it fixed within the day, for christs sake- because the game is now utterly rigged in favour of guild attacking, is no workable defence..

what we talking- ?
weeks?
months?
years?
cos you "been looking at " some gvg issues years and not bothered to fix them...
sorry,typo, 24hrs not 2 hrs...2hrs is daft short timeframe

DeletedUser115348

what we talking- ?
weeks?
months?
years?
Easy answer inno go back to the way gvg was before this broken update.. Still no answers.. Why this is still not fixed is a joke.