• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Update Guild vs Guild Recalculation Timer Changes

DeletedUser116655

This happened once in another game. which messed many guilds up. if they able to fix the bug.
it still doesn't account the loss of some worlds loosing lots of goods/troops/sectors.
not sure if able here but what they did is during next reset the pushed the clock back 24hrs so where stuff was before the bug issue happened all was put back where it was.. and issue fixed and anything loss didn't happen.

DeletedUser107966

Someone should be sacked for this boo boo , at this stage of the game this should not be acceptable . It just keeps getting worse for Inno .
Taking an early lunch break from work to do noon reset & to find out sectors can't be sieged . I don't know why I bother anymore with this incompetent rubbish .

Since when have Innogames devs taken any responsibility for their screw ups?

They won't ever poke their noses into threads like this, they will just let the community managers take the heat.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
they always can place server back on moment before they implemented new rules, question is do they want to do it, answer is they dont cause they want GvG dead to make place for GbG cause GvG dont bring them any profit but just headic cause they dont know how to fix bugs and problems with GvG

Kwisatz Haderach

Chief Warrant Officer
they always can place server back on moment before they implemented new rules, question is do they want to do it, answer is they dont cause they want GvG dead to make place for GbG cause GvG dont bring them any profit but just headic cause they dont know how to fix bugs and problems with GvG

Mabye they need to hire some real developers to help them?

Ceban

Brigadier-General
In all honesty, GvG now really sucks. I am just wondering if this is Innos way of killing GvG? The previous reset worked very well, why did you change it? We asked to fix the bugs in GvG not redesign it.Took Inno forever to fix all the previous bugs, now you go and change the entire thing and we are stuck with new bugs all over. Just put it back the way it was, at least we knew what bugs we had and found our own ways to get around it.
ofc its a way to kill it, they dont have enough courage to tell us openly 'it waste our human resources, we are just losing time on it and it dont bring a profit so we dont want to see it' so they choose this way to remove it cause then they can say 'you decided to stop play it, not we' they really dont have not even that small amount of decency to tell us 'GvG is over' but they treat us like... lets stay polite... and want to force us that we stop play.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Mabye they need to hire some real developers to help them?
obviously they cant get anybody decent cause if they can GvG wouldnt have same bugs and lags for last 3 years! so since they didnt manage to repair for 3 years now they are killing it.

DeletedUser111115

MTG has increased its ownership in InnoGames, the developer of browser and mobile games, to 51%. MTG announced its initial 21% investment in Hamburg-based InnoGames in October 2016. InnoGames is the creator of six successful online games including ‘Forge of Empires’, ‘Tribal Wars’ and ‘Elvenar’. MTG has invested EUR 82.6 million for the additional shares, based on the same enterprise value of EUR 260 million for 100% of the business as for the original investment. MTG will fully consolidate InnoGames with effect from 1 May.

• MTG invests EUR 82.6 million to increase shareholding in InnoGames from 21% to 51%
  • InnoGames generated 25% revenue growth to EUR 130 million in 2016 with an EBITDA margin of approximately 20% and EBIT margin of approximately 16%
InnoGames has generated compound annual revenue growth of more than 20% over the past three years, and 25% growth in 2016 to EUR 130 million. The acceleration is being driven by the mobile gaming segment, with more than half of all new InnoGames user registrations being on mobile platforms, and several new mobile-only titles currently in development. InnoGames reported an EBITDA margin of approximately 20% and an EBIT margin of approximately 16% in 2016.

DeletedUser115348

So MTG is milking Inno. I'm off this game.
No word or even a care about breaking and killing gvg.. Need to fix this and go back to the way gvg was preupdate. Obviously Inno or the powers that be want to make this game completely mobile only. What a joke. This game is done..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser111428

Well the issue reported yesterday is yet to be fixed and what baffles me is that we are not getting any updates from InnoGames other than what Moderator said yesterday...by the way one thing that we have noticed is that, for instance, once we released 2 sectors in AA, we could not take them back (same issue as what was reported yesterday)...however, 1 hour later, we were able to siege those NPCs once again.

Innogames, it is OK to admit that you have made poor decisions and that you will revert back GvG to the way it was before all these nonsense changes were made but, in my opinion, the fact that various bugs have never been fixed during all these years implies that either Devs have no clue as of how to tackle those challenges or that Innogames does not want to fix GvG and will let it die by losing GvG players on a daily basis and by officially endorsing Guild Battlegrounds 100% once it gets released.

The fact that only a tiny percentage of FoE players are playing GvG is more than ever dictating Innogames' decisions over what features of the game they want to focus on and, clearly, GvG is no longer a priority.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Well the issue reported yesterday is yet to be fixed and what baffles me is that we are not getting any updates from InnoGames other than what Moderator said yesterday...by the way one thing that we have noticed is that, for instance, once we released 2 sectors in AA, we could not take them back (same issue as what was reported yesterday)...however, 1 hour later, we were able to siege those NPCs once again.

Innogames, it is OK to admit that you have made poor decisions and that you will revert back GvG to the way it was before all these nonsense changes were made but, in my opinion, the fact that various bugs have never been fixed during all these years implies that either Devs have no clue as of how to tackle those challenges or that Innogames does not want to fix GvG and will let it die by losing GvG players on a daily basis and by officially endorsing Guild Battlegrounds 100% once it gets released.

The fact that only a tiny percentage of FoE players are playing GvG is more than ever dictating Innogames' decisions over what features of the game they want to focus on and, clearly, GvG is no longer a priority.
they forgot that GvG players are most active ones and that in this calculation about 5% GvG players they included also like 30% of inactive accounts

DeletedUser653

there is a serious bug in GvG ... let me explained detailed ...

when we release a sector pre reset, like 1-2 mins pre reset, or 10 seconds pre reset, and reset comes, we can not attack that sector for at least 2-3 mins after reset, and that allowed our enemies to shield them selves, as we were practically sitting there not being able to do anything, the game was recognizing it as if they were released after reset ... so if i release a few minutes / seconds before 12 PM, i can't siege the sector after 12 PM as the game still thinks it is part of the previous reset ... ................

100% agree and tested today to prove it and ticket raised. in our case it was over 20 mins after reset before we could hit a sector released before a reset.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
Another day of silence from the devs.

As an experienced programmer it is inconceivable to me that this issue with timing can't be fixed in a few minutes. Are there no competent programmers working at Inno now?

DeletedUser111428

As an experienced programmer it is inconceivable to me that this issue with timing can't be fixed in a few minutes. Are there no competent programmers working at Inno now?
...I wonder if they are too busy baking items for the Fall Event lol

100% agree and tested today to prove it and ticket raised. in our case it was over 20 mins after reset before we could hit a sector released before a reset.

Good - You don't deserve to be able to release & retake until next reset - Don't Release it - Stop Gaming the system. Just because everyone has gotten use to the Release flaw - They think they deserve it!

DeletedUser111115

Good - You don't deserve to be able to release & retake until next reset - Don't Release it - Stop Gaming the system. Just because everyone has gotten use to the Release flaw - They think they deserve it!
I agree with your statement as long as game mechanics and rules are properly done. The update is not actually an update because they didn't even bothered to modify the tooltips. All they did was change 3 values and few conditions in the code. 5 minutes of "work" that threw everything off balance.

DeletedUser114202

Even if the bugs were to be fixed right now there would still be the ultimate problem of the worm effect, that is driving folks away from GvG. We can adapt to all the other changes but there is no stopping an attacker with 2 or more brain-cells on these terms. Make shield protection time equal to HQ relocation time otherwise there's really no point in doing GvG anymore. Fix it or bin it

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Even if the bugs were to be fixed right now there would still be the ultimate problem of the worm effect, that is driving folks away from GvG. We can adapt to all the other changes but there is no stopping an attacker with 2 or more brain-cells on these terms. Make shield protection time equal to HQ relocation time otherwise there's really no point in doing GvG anymore. Fix it or bin it
probably they got aware that GbG is just another version of GE with a little nicer graphic so they got aware if they dont kill GvG GbG wont be popular so this is their way of killing it, they dont want admit that they wasted all this time on GbG for nothing so with killing GvG they want to raise intrest for GbG, that is total mess!

By the way, I would like to see GvG put back the way it was too, but fix the Release & Retake flaw. it was never intended to be abused in the way that it is. If you can't fix the R&R problem - then leave it the way it is - why bother fixing anything!

gbg will only take off if you 24/7 gvg guys do it most of the mass of players wont have time to do it in any organised sense,they would be better combining GE/GBG,i havent even had time to do any GE yet today so for me gbg is in bin before it starts and i dont work and do nothing how peeps who do and try and fit it in i dont know,if theres ghosting in gbg i might give it a go lol