• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Expedition Level 5 Feedback Thread

kayjaydee

Private
Unbalanced, poor rewards and 1-4 has been nerfed to boot not one Dev has listened to anyone in beta a total waste of space....
Think this is how world operates now ,consultations of any sort seem to be a forum to be told what is happening, views/complaints and alternate ideas are ignored. Customers/consumers are always wrong too.

I don't think the developers realise how quickly, and finally, a tipping point can come. The overwhelming majority in my guild have voted to boycott level 5, and one or two thinking about giving up the game completely(the introduction of ads has also not gone down well). Disenchantment spreads like wildfire. My guess is that Easter Sunday 2024 will show that fewer players are playing FOE than today and more players who are still registered will be inactive than today. Two massive own goals by Inno.

LastWarrior

Brigadier-General
Ok I have now finished lvl 5 GE I can do all but the last 4 by fighting manually and using the atk buffs available.
The last four encounters are waaay beyond 99% of players reach atm.
I suggest you lower those last four stats, not by much but if you add say 20% from the last level to each one we can at least get close eventually to beating it.
Happy Easter.

Sureshot

Private
I don't think the developers realise how quickly, and finally, a tipping point can come.
Couldn't agree more! Used to play another online game. (spent WAY too many $) Developers kept adding stuff and changing other things causing a lot of frustration/annoyance. Then they made a change to one of my favorite parts... I immediately dropped the game and was never even tempted to go back.

L84Dnr

Private
GE Level 5 is a dull, unrewarding slog that feels as if it were written by the accounting department and play-tested by corporate lawyers. Having posted this feedback thread they would have to be total idiots not to notice how utterly this is getting panned. Not what you look for in a successful product roll-out.

"One of the main objectives of this new level is to add content to the game, able to provide a real challenge."

In this they have failed utterly. There is no new content and the only challenge is to your troops and goods stockpiles. Negs are a monotony of overpriced 10 factor tedium, combat is just beating down bigger, stompier armies, and the buildings are swiped straight from GBG. There's nothing new here that we haven't seen in Level 4.

"This is why we shaped it around defense bonuses and why it is meant to be very difficult to complete right now."

This could have been a fun twist. Kudos to the Devs who thought it up. The difficulty is that both Inno and the players have all spent the last several years focused on Attack. Few players have significant Defence bonuses and Inno has provided precious few means to obtain them.

"With the inclusion of upcoming new sources and the strategic use of those, you will be able to gradually improve your defense bonuses over the course of the coming months."

So you gave us a game that we don't have the equipment to play yet. And that seemed like a good idea because...?

"We really want to provide you more memorable experiences in Forge of Empires and this is one step in that direction."

Congratulations! I doubt that any of us are likely to forget this any time soon.

Send This Abomination Back To Beta And Do It Right!

7 pages of negative feedback I think its safe to assume that GE5 is a great success! Lets move on now and nerf gbg while everybody is still hot about it!
0x0.jpg

GADfan

Warrant Officer
While I agree that GE5 and the changes to GE1-4, as it is now, are a massive mistake, I do think that all those players threatening to quit the game are being overly dramatic.
Leaving in droves would perhaps convince Inno to abandon the game through lack of players.
I'd rather have FoE than not.

GE5 is one small part of FoE. You don't have to play it.
A huge number of players not playing a part of the game just might convince the devs to rethink it or remove it.
Let's try and change what we don't like rather than lose FoE altogether.

L84Dnr

Private
OK, done venting. Here's some constructive criticism and hopefully useful suggestions. You're going to need it.

Pros:
  • Awesome looking new buildings. A shame that none of us got one but that's under Cons.
  • More FP rewards in levels 1-4! Very welcome!
  • Selection kits provide more flexibility and eliminate the problem of have a dozen upgrades but no base building.
  • Nice artwork, though Inno might want to lose the associated cultural appropriation. GE really doesn't need the whole "noble savage" vibe and now would have been an excellent opportunity to lose it.
Cons:
  1. The play-style of Level 5 is dull and unoriginal, largely reusing exiting elements made more expensive.
  2. The buildings in Level 5 are largely useless, providing a negligible or dubious advantage. In many cases they cost more than they're worth.
  3. There is absolutely no reward for Level 5 until you've played it for at least a month. A let-down like that the very first week that any of us played it is exactly what Inno should have avoided.
    1. Too many thrice-damned fragments of everything. Use a different system. We already have these thing called blueprints thank you very much. Go reward your management with fragments of pay-cheques and stock option.
    2. The Lost Temple expires too quickly.
    3. Except for those lovely new portraits. I am hard pressed to think of a more pitiful "reward" short of extra turns on encounter 80.
  4. Fewer diamonds. Already mentioned by others.
  5. Using Defence, while interesting, goes against all the rest of the broader FoE game mechanics, was released without warning, and had no prior support from Inno.
Suggestions:
  1. The play-style, arguably the largest flaw, is probably the easiest to fix. Well, at least on a conceptual level. Might give the Devs some headaches but they should view it as job security. There's so much potential here that I'm left wondering how they failed to use most of it.
    1. Combat. Rather than this lacklustre bigger armies with higher bonuses you could do any combination of:
      1. Send us up against higher era troops. For SAJM you'll have to create something like the "Incomprehensible Future", a time so distant that none of us will ever get there and from which you can pull all sorts of wonders and horrors.
      2. Send us up against non-standard troops. You remember those Barbarians from some of the EMA provinces? Whip up a bunch of nasties like those for us to cope with.
      3. Extended multi-tier battles. Was there some reason that you had to stop after two waves?
    2. Negotiation. Rather than sixteen monotonous 10 factor negs let's mix it up a bit:
      1. Negs with more than 10 factors. Was that really such a leap? We have 13 possibilities already in play, so this should be easy. Might need another extra turn here though. Hey look, a use for those previously useless buildings.
      2. Multi-tier negs. Again, how did you miss this? We already do it with combat. Send multiple waves of diplomats.
      3. Negs with higher age goods. And now you have up to 18 possibilities. SAJM will need some mechanism to barter with the Incomprehensible Future.
      4. Negs that carry over. If you can crack it in two attempts then that extra attempt can be used later on when you really need five! Encourages those of us who'd otherwise combat stomp lower levels to farm negs there and get crafty about it.
    3. Hybrid! They say that war is the ultimate extension/failure of diplomacy so let's do both! Combat one wave then neg the next. Or the other way round.
  2. A building that costs 50 goods to save 20 is worse than useless and a +30 bonus against a +200 opponent is laughable. Either beef these up, make them do something else, or get rid of them.
  3. Seriously? We played all of level 5 and have nothing to show for it? You need to fix that or next week is simply going to reinforce this week's disaster.
    1. Lose the fragments. There are better mechanics for most purposes. For levels 1 through 4 you get 100 of 100 fragments at the end of level anyway, so there's no sense in dicing them up into itty-bitty pieces that you have to collect. Just chuck the selection kit on the final encounter for the level and have done. For level 5 I get why you can't just be handing out monstrously stompy buildings like that. Use upgrade kits instead. That way we get an immediate reward that we can plant this week which actually provides an incentive for playing again this week. Same notion as for the SoH and event grand prizes.
    2. The Lost Temple expires in exactly the amount of time that it takes to acquire a new one, so nobody go on vaca or you're back to square zero. Extend the duration a week or two or add rejuvination kits. Potentially resolvable if combined with 3.1 above if you add a mechanic whereby the LT sheds a level every week that it isn't upgraded.
    3. Portraits as a "reward" are an insult that just cost us something useful. Put these on a randomizer and add them to encounters 68, 72, 76, and 80 as additional rewards.
    4. Also, just throw in some other actual rewards. Some nice stompy troops, big bags of FP, nifty buildings, etc... are good rewards and break the monotony of "100% chance of splinters of Temple!"
  4. I get why Inno did this, diamond is how they make the bulk of their money after all, but cutting it back like this was just plain silly. They should move a small amount of diamond back into level 3 from level 4, and move the rest of the diamond to level 5. The smaller number of players completing Level 5 means that you could probably increase the amount of diamond offered while cutting the actual payout. The diamond remains as an incentive but now it's an incentive for Level 5.
  5. Defence was an interesting twist but all the rest of the game is based on attack. That's GbG, the rest of GE, the campaign map, quests, and events. Retooling your entire city just to finish one level doesn't make much sense, especially when you lack those tools. I'd honestly just drop the defence thing but if you're going to keep it then give us the damned tools to make it work!
    1. Defender's attack is the biggest problem. A few tactician's towers and the odd event building are about the only source. You might want to skew the AD's contents heavily toward helping this in the coming weeks. It does us no good to have heavily armoured defenders chucking snowballs.
    2. Both defensive GBs are second-rate at best. I do not need more worthless medals. Kindly implement one that doesn't suck.
    3. The Tavern Boost for defence is worse than useless. The +30% boost would be handy but locks up your tavern for 72 hours! That means that you can't access your extra turn, so there's no possibility of switching from combat to negs. Either fix the duration or let us activate two boosts at once.
OK, that's just a lot of half-baked notions off the top of my head, many of which are likely ill-considered. But seriously guys Fix This. If you don't then level 5 dies a bad death. It isn't just a few grumbling players. It's a lot of pissed off players. That means that right now a lot of guilds are wondering why they'd bother wasting the resources to pay for level 5 when only a tiny minority might ever use it. In the coming weeks it simply won't be an option for many players. It will be relegated to a small minority of players in only the most competitive guilds. The rest of us won't even remember that it's there, much like PvP.

So put this back into Beta testing and fix it. It doesn't work as is.

OK, done venting. Here's some constructive criticism and hopefully useful suggestions. You're going to need it.

Pros:
  • Awesome looking new buildings. A shame that none of us got one but that's under Cons.
  • More FP rewards in levels 1-4! Very welcome!
  • Selection kits provide more flexibility and eliminate the problem of have a dozen upgrades but no base building.
  • Nice artwork, though Inno might want to lose the associated cultural appropriation. GE really doesn't need the whole "noble savage" vibe and now would have been an excellent opportunity to lose it.
Cons:
  1. The play-style of Level 5 is dull and unoriginal, largely reusing exiting elements made more expensive.
  2. The buildings in Level 5 are largely useless, providing a negligible or dubious advantage. In many cases they cost more than they're worth.
  3. There is absolutely no reward for Level 5until you've played it for at least a month. A let-down like that the very first week that any of us played it is exactly what Inno should have avoided.
    1. Too many thrice-damned fragments of everything. Use a different system. We already have these thing called blueprints thank you very much. Go reward your management with fragments of pay-cheques and stock option.
    2. The Lost Temple expires too quickly.
    3. Except for those lovely new portraits. I am hard pressed to think of a more pitiful "reward" short of extra turns on encounter 80.
  4. Fewer diamonds. Already mentioned by others.
  5. Using Defence, while interesting, goes against all the rest of the broader FoE game mechanics, was released without warning, and had no prior support from Inno.
Suggestions:
  1. The play-style, arguably the largest flaw, is probably the easiest to fix. Well, at least on a conceptual level. Might give the Devs some headaches but they should view it as job security. There's so much potential here that I'm left wondering how they failed to use most of it.
    1. Combat.Rather than this lacklustre bigger armies with higher bonuses you could do any combination of:
      1. Send us up against higher era troops. For SAJM you'll have to create something like the "Incomprehensible Future", a time so distant that none of us will ever get there and from which you can pull all sorts of wonders and horrors.
      2. Send us up against non-standard troops. You remember those Barbarians from some of the EMA provinces? Whip up a bunch of nasties like those for us to cope with.
      3. Extended multi-tier battles. Was there some reason that you had to stop after two waves?
    2. Negotiation. Rather than sixteen monotonous 10 factor negs let's mix it up a bit:
      1. Negs with more than 10 factors. Was that really such a leap? We have 13 possibilities already in play, so this should be easy. Might need another extra turn here though. Hey look, a use for those previously useless buildings.
      2. Multi-tier negs. Again, how did you miss this? We already do it with combat. Send multiple waves of diplomats.
      3. Negs with higher age goods. And now you have up to 18 possibilities. SAJM will need some mechanism to barter with the Incomprehensible Future.
      4. Negs that carry over. If you can crack it in two attempts then that extra attempt can be used later on when you really need five! Encourages those of us who'd otherwise combat stomp lower levels to farm negs there and get crafty about it.
    3. Hybrid! They say that war is the ultimate extension/failure of diplomacy so let's do both! Combat one wave then neg the next. Or the other way round.
  2. A building that costs 50 goods to save 20 is worse than useless and a +30 bonus against a +200 opponent is laughable. Either beef these up, make them do something else, or get rid of them.
  3. Seriously? We played all of level 5 and have nothing to show for it? You need to fix that or next week is simply going to reinforce this week's disaster.
    1. Lose the fragments. There are better mechanics for most purposes. For levels 1 through 4 you get 100 of 100 fragments at the end of level anyway, so there's no sense in dicing them up into itty-bitty pieces that you have to collect. Just chuck the selection kit on the final encounter for the level and have done. For level 5 I get why you can't just be handing out monstrously stompy buildings like that. Use upgrade kits instead. That way we get an immediate reward that we can plant this week which actually provides an incentive for playing again this week. Same notion as for the SoH and event grand prizes.
    2. The Lost Temple expires in exactly the amount of time that it takes to acquire a new one, so nobody go on vaca or you're back to square zero. Extend the duration a week or two or add rejuvination kits. Potentially resolvable if combined with 3.1 above if you add a mechanic whereby the LT sheds a level every week that it isn't upgraded.
    3. Portraits as a "reward" are an insult that just cost us something useful. Put these on a randomizer and add them to encounters 68, 72, 76, and 80 as additional rewards.
    4. Also, just throw in some other actual rewards. Some nice stompy troops, big bags of FP, nifty buildings, etc... are good rewards and break the monotony of "100% chance of splinters of Temple!"
  4. I get why Inno did this, diamond is how they make the bulk of their money after all, but cutting it back like this was just plain silly. They should move a small amount of diamond back into level 3 from level 4, and move the rest of the diamond to level 5. The smaller number of players completing Level 5 means that you could probably increase the amount of diamond offered while cutting the actual payout. The diamond remains as an incentive but now it's an incentive for Level 5.
  5. Defence was an interesting twist but all the rest of the game is based on attack. That's GbG, the rest of GE, the campaign map, quests, and events. Retooling your entire city just to finish one level doesn't make much sense, especially when you lack those tools. I'd honestly just drop the defence thing but if you're going to keep it then give us the damned tools to make it work!
    1. Defender's attack is the biggest problem. A few tactician's towers and the odd event building are about the only source. You might want to skew the AD's contents heavily toward helping this in the coming weeks. It does us no good to have heavily armoured defenders chucking snowballs.
    2. Both defensive GBs are second-rate at best. I do not need more worthless medals. Kindly implement one that doesn't suck.
    3. The Tavern Boost for defence is worse than useless. The +30% boost would be handy but locks up your tavern for 72 hours! That means that you can't access your extra turn, so there's no possibility of switching from combat to negs. Either fix the duration or let us activate two boosts at once.
OK, that's just a lot of half-baked notions off the top of my head, many of which are likely ill-considered. But seriously guys Fix This. If you don't then level 5 dies a bad death. It isn't just a few grumbling players. It's a lot of pissed off players. That means that right now a lot of guilds are wondering why they'd bother wasting the resources to pay for level 5 when only a tiny minority might ever use it. In the coming weeks it simply won't be an option for many players. It will be relegated to a small minority of players in only the most competitive guilds. The rest of us won't even remember that it's there, much like PvP.

So put this back into Beta testing and fix it. It doesn't work as is.
Wish I could give you more than one "like".

Shad23

Emperor
7 pages of negative feedback I think its safe to assume that GE5 is a great success! Lets move on now and nerf gbg while everybody is still hot about it!
View attachment 24827
i have now removed INNO GB , TOR , Spacecarrier , am not planning on negotiating anymore not doing GE anymore , placed all red % buildings i had in my inventory in my city and will only do gvg when i'll log on cause am 100% sure their next move is to nurf GBG and i won't stand for that am going back to my original play style when i started playing this game there was no GE and no GBG am leaving my guild after reset on munday so i don't hurt their treasury cause i don't do GE or GBG will solo guild i might accept mercanary contracts will check that out and will depend on who needs to be hit on in GVG maps placed an extra 130 % red att in my city and a bit of red def they won't get me to add Blue % unless their's as much red % in it for me or more red then Blue % that GE 5 lvl is a complete failure and i won't stand for it they won't catch me with this
i eaven sold my Frontenac as it's useless to me i never do quests and won't use it to get goods for GE 5

Last edited:

PK23

Private
i have now removed INNO GB , TOR , Spacecarrier , am not planning on negotiating anymore not doing GE anymore , placed all red % buildings i had in my inventory in my city and will only do gvg when i'll log on cause am 100% sure their next move is to nurf GBG and i won't stand for that am going back to my original play style when i started playing this game there was no GE and no GBG am leaving my guild after reset on munday so i don't hurt their treasury cause i don't do GE or GBG will solo guild i might accept mercanary contracts will check that out and will depend on who needs to be hit on in GVG maps placed an extra 130 % red att in my city and a bit of red def they won't get me to add Blue % unless their's as much red % in it for me or more red then Blue % that GE 5 lvl is a complete failure and i won't stand for it they won't catch me with this
i would do the same thing but don't have enough red % buildings that i can place for moment , great way to protest their GE changes shad

Seer

Private
My guild will not play GE as it is now. It is ridiculous to spend guild treasury plus players goods and troops for Fragments of buildings nobody wants to build. This has got to be the worst idea Inno has ever implemented. We will concentrate on GbG now. GE is dead.
No no no no no. The point has been missed. This is the best thing Inno can do for Inno. It eliminates the diamonds. To have diamonds you gotta spend money. Can you hear the cash registers ringing. Well done Inno. *clap* *clap* *clap*

Mennolly

Private
pls like his comment if he gets more then 5 likes on it he will make an idea out of it in idea section Xeon is in my guild so i know he will do this if his comment gets more then 5 likes , me and a few of my guild members will now boycott GE all together till GE is fixed this is a big mess
Our entire guild is boycotting GE mainly to the nerfing of rewards in all levels. Maybe your guild could do the same. The more guilds who don't play GE anymore will send Inno the message. Your guildmates idea is something that could work for level 5 but Inno will need to reconsider the Fragments as prizes for almost all encounters.

pharl

Corporal
Waited until I'd finished GE to post. Just looked through my inventory - pages of fragments and selection kits now which are becoming a pain to manage. Finished L4 GE across 3 worlds and had a go at L5 in my main city. Won't be doing it again. All my cities will be mothballed for now. I've packed in the game completely before and started again. It's a hard slog, but if/when I go this time I won't start again. So I'll wait until collection time, put everything in to mothballs (disconnect) then wait and see what happens. Been playing 6 years since 2017, but it's now a dreary slog rather than the fun game it should be. There's more important and fun things I can be doing with my time so no more money from me for diamonds. I'll come back probably if things change, but it's actually nice having a complete break from the game - money lost Inno.

Shad23

Emperor
GE 5 is going to be massively boycotted not only here but also on other servers i also play on french server and they are also talking boycott over there INNO won't have choice but to listen the numbers will say comunity does not want this as it is now

KronikPillow

Sergeant
Congratulations to Inno on another one of their genious moves .... who ever uses defense boost to attack? what developer came up with that logic please explain it to me? where have you ever seen in history of gaming that a defensive statistic is used to actually execute attacks? Wow ... unbeliavable ... Inno effectively killed GE in their own attempt to make it "better" and to monetize it. I just wonder if the devs behind this idea, even have any kind of logical explanation for this ridicilous decission .... Hands down, FoE is dying, and we have Inno's greed and logic, and incompetence to handle issues to blame, and nobody else ...

GE protest! rollback this crap!