• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Expedition Level 5 Feedback Thread

Knight of ICE

Hi Knight of Ice, what do you feel is the preferred ratio of attack and defence for the City Defenders and why? I know that over the years there has been some discussion about similar metrics as they apply to the Attacking Units. Given the requirement for GE L5, this matter of army configuration and city defence bonuses becomes of interest for players wishing to fight through Level 5.

When it comes to city defense there is no answer to that question. The bonus of the attacker can vary and the attacker also has the option to use rogues and fight manual. There are just to many variables to come up with a number.

Penjara

Private
For the most part I like the balance changes in GE1-4, the amount of FPs, Goods and Units have increased, and the new selection kits give roughly the same number of buildings, but with increased flexibility of selection kits. **However**, there are two big exceptions.

1) Number of diamonds have been more or less cut in half, from around 161 to 81 diamonds per week on average. It also doesn't help that in practice GE5 will require diamonds for extra turns. 2) The time it takes to get a FoY has been increased from 4.35 weeks to 16(!) weeks on average, and the time it takes to get FoY shrink has been increased from 2 to 16(!) weeks on average. That's a x3.68 and x8 increase, respectively.

It's clear why, they want to limit free diamonds, but as a player I strongly dislike this. It's one of the main remaining ways of getting free diamonds, at a time where diamonds are worth increasingly less as more cash-only features are added. I think a great way to incentivise players to play GE5 would be to add additional diamonds to the rewards, for example a big diamond reward at the final encounter. I think that's something more players would be willing to work towards.
you nailed it. great post.
inno, you need to take note for a change.

numbrcrunchr

Master Corporal
For what little it may be worth, for this week's GE I've been able to complete all of L5 with fighting without having to pull out one of the defensive boosts from my inventory, which is lucky for me as I only had 2 remaining and have been using them regularly for the final few encounters until now. Not sure whether this improvement is due to getting a new expansion slot from the continent map and planting a couple of more ritual flames, or, on the last encounter, buying 2 buildings that give defensive boost instead of 1, and another one to infiltrate.

I take it you're not in SAT. I'm still pushing my Pegasus (L40 currently, and will push Hydra next). Also just dropped a St Basils that I thought I'd never have, and still can only fight to L76 unboosted. I'll get there eventually but it did force me to change my game play and city structure.

numbrcrunchr

Master Corporal
Quite right Theophilus, am long term camping in FE in M world. Sounds like L5 is tougher for SAT players. My City Defenders are A400 D950, and my recently planted Virgo Project makes a difference for the last few encounters, as well as helping with the higher era continent maps. I have had my SBC long term but have levelled it up since L5 arrived. Historically I recall quite a few players deleted their SBC and DC when the GT arrived.
Some of the rewards with L5 such as the serpent spikes and forgotten temple also helps with city defence. Whilst I produce plenty of my current era goods I can't say the same for the last era goods (Tomorrow) and my inventory was seriously dented with the negotiations during the last few encounters of L5, hence my incentive to work on ways to fight all the way through without spending my Tomorrow goods on negs.

Last edited:
GE5...what a sensitive topic!!! I must say that my city wasn't focused on building attack/defence for defending army and will most definitely not be in the future. In my opinion this release is just an excuse for Inno to cut the rewards we used to get from GE in terms of diamonds and FoY. Additionally, most of the GE5 rewards are just dreadful. Inno should change the name of this game from "Forge of Empires" to "Fragments of Uselessness". I'm not going to spend any goods or troops for GE5 until Inno wakes up and adjust the difficulty level and rewards. Really unhappy with this years changes and i'm taking into consideration to abandon this game as i feel it just changed too much. You get some decent buildings from one event, maybe spent some money on it, and then the next event comes and makes those buildings kind of nerfed. Dissatisfied and disappointed

numbrcrunchr

Master Corporal
Now that the Forgotten Temple provides an additional fighting boost for GbG, and as it can only be acquired by tackling GE L5, I wonder if this will increase interest in completing L5?

Deleted member 127677

Have people not been interested? My guild has had to have a full guild completion of level 80 three times in the past six weeks because opponents were also pushing. I think 80 is becoming the norm among active players.

Furious164

Private
Having the defending army fight an expedition is an out-of-logic feature, as though the expedition were trying to take over my city. It looks like a thirsty attempt to save a failing aspect of the game after players have maxed out their cities with attacking army boosts, and with such high enemy boosts at level 5 where even the attacking army can struggle, letting the defending army fight is overwhelming. With talks of having the same feature coming to GBG I dread what level of illogical that is going to be. It feels like the game is soon going to become, "It is what we think it should be, logic will not make sense here." If the defending army needs more uses then I would suggest logical features for its worth such as PvP Arena, and starting out small, not 1000% boost required right at the beginning. I also would like the concept of having a choice to use the defending army after the attacking army has completed the encounter for extra rewards. That would be a better and user-friendly way to get the defending army more uses than making it mandatory and putting a roadblock to the gameplay.

Last edited:

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
I regularly do L5, even though I'm in Titan which seems even more difficult to the other eras, I do so despite having previously stated that I wouldn't entertain the idea due to costs but am having to do so due to the pressure of Guild success, this has been possible with the introduction of over powerful event buildings I have been able to increase my defensive army boosts ( without decreasing my Attacking army boosts) up to a reasonable level (2100/1900) to be able to auto fight to Encounter 78, the last two still need to be negotiated. overall, I am enjoying the experience, I do feel the attrition increases for the last two levels need to be readjusted but with time I am confident of also being able to complete these using Auto fight. Overall I think the introduction has made it more competitive and although I do feel the personal rewards are really poor, the increase in the majority of members competitive nature has given many a new impetus to succeed, sadly a few have fallen and a couple have left the game due to this new feature, so although it's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, I think it was a step in the right direction,

Knight of ICE

the last two still need to be negotiated. I do feel the attrition increases for the last two levels need to be readjusted but with time I am confident of also being able to complete these using Auto fight.

You should be able to do those with 8 Overclock Orbiters on auto.

Deleted member 127677

Thank you
3 permafrosts and 5 rogues on auto when you are strong enough. You will need one pressuriser or permafrost on each of gate 78 and 79 to take out the permafrosts, only using orbs will kill them.

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
3 permafrosts and 5 rogues on auto when you are strong enough. You will need one pressuriser or permafrost on each of gate 78 and 79 to take out the permafrosts, only using orbs will kill them.
Thank you, I usually do 8 Permafrosts to L78 it's the last two are my bugbear, will try every combo that has been suggested, many thanks for everyone's help

Deleted member 127677

Thank you, I usually do 8 Permafrosts to L78 it's the last two are my bugbear, will try every combo that has been suggested, many thanks for everyone's help
When I did those on manual, I did 79 with 1 pressurizer, 4-5 orbs and rest rogues, make sure you let the rogues convert and move out the orbs so they take minimal damage. 80 is easy, just 6 orbs and 2 rogues.

DJ of BA

Warrant Officer
When I did those on manual, I did 79 with 1 pressurizer, 4-5 orbs and rest rogues, make sure you let the rogues convert and move out the orbs so they take minimal damage. 80 is easy, just 6 orbs and 2 rogues.
Thanks, will try it out this week