• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date
Have to repeat: Easy to solve with 4 turns. But you don't have 4 turns in GBG - unless you pay for the 4th turn with diamonds.
I don't go that high in battlegrounds. Or haven't yet anyways. I can take half a province in one reset period. I'm not willing to spend more goods on high attrition negotiations. By avoiding those, and doing about 20 negotiations daily, I'm the top contributor in 1 guild and ranked 4th in guild contributions on another world, in the first season. I don't have a reason to do more, so I don't do more.

Andrew420

Major
Have to repeat: Easy to solve with 4 turns. But you don't have 4 turns in GBG - unless you pay for the 4th turn with diamonds.
Are you new
Why on earth would anyone in GbG use diamonds for extra turn
The correct thing to do is give up and try again
If you dont have enough goods to give up and try again you shouldnt be negotiating

:rolleyes:Players using diamonds for an extra turn in GbG:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Suggestion - how about just for GbG attack boosts and defence boosts don't work, so everyone is on a level playing field, and gameplay is geared towards tactical battling rather than auto battling? Auto is perfect for GvG and also for GE for the good GvG players, so this might be a good way forward for everyone. I know, I know, the GvG players are all going to call me an idiot and scream and complain, but hey, GbG isn't GvG is it :D

There would still be rogues and next age troops, just no attack or defence boosts.
you told what is apropriate name for you so i dont have to repeat it, all our buildings for attack should be neutralized cause of your incompetence to build some for yourself??? hahahaha... :D

Are you new
If you dont have enough goods to give up and try again you shouldnt be negotiating

:rolleyes:Players using diamonds for an extra turn in GbG:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
New? Well, if you consider 5+ years new, then yes. :-)
Life was easy back then. No GvG or GE or anything like that. Negotiations were something you only did on the continent map once in a while when the armies were too hard to beat.
I do pay for extra turns now and then. Not very often. I've even done it in GBG a few times. Sometimes I prefer to spend 10 diamonds instead of wasting precious goods - and time - on giving up and starting over.
When attrition and "negotiation multiplier" get high in GBG, starting a negotiation over can get pretty costly in goods. But yeah, true, you can stop and wait for next reset before things become too costly.

Last edited:
Are you new

Actually, I am new. Halloween was the first Event that I was advanced enough to even complete. I did the Bake-off and fall events, but was not able to complete them, not even close, because I did not have the goods or the fighting ability to even come close to being able to do all the quests. So yeah, I'm new.

Why did I use diamonds on any negotiation in GbG for extra turn? Because I got lazy. Most of the time, I did exactly that, gave up and tried again. But I got lazy. And I have limited goods. So, I spent 10 diamonds on occasion, gave a final good to solve the puzzle, and avoided having to do the puzzle all over again. Strictly a manner of convenience. And I have written many notes to million+ point players about spending diamonds to solve a puzzle. Telling them not to. But I get the diamonds, need only spend 1 good to solve the puzzle, and on occasion, I would rather spend the 10 diamonds and move on to something else. A matter of convenience, not one of necessity.

Also, sometimes I don't really have enough goods to give up and try again as well. But I still need to be negotiating. Because the guild needs me to. The guild comes first. That's my game.

I do other silly stuff as well. Like I'll attack someone and they'll attack back, and its obvious they don't have a clue as to what they are doing. So I write them and explain what to look for, what GBs they need, how to defend their own city from being plundered. Because a player much smaller than me has the courage to retaliate and not start mouthing off about it, I have to give them respect. And I really really hate the 216 points for the time and effort I put into attacking them in the hopes of gaining 25 medals. Nor do I want to compete against the weak. I want opponents that, even if I lose, I can say my time was well spent. I have forge point threads with players in other guilds, which is sort of like helping the enemy. I dump forge points on players that help me, even though any future contributions gain me nothing. I've even taken some of GBs on one world off the threads, and made them available to guild members with no GBs, so they can collect the rewards without having to compete for said rewards even against me. So yeah, I do a lot of silly stuff. Because I choose to, not because I know I shouldn't, not in the long run. If that is worth :lol: then I am happy to have brought a smile to your day!

DeletedUser110327

Oh okay then, make the GBG gameplay for GvG players, they are after all about a huge 5% of the Forge population, have the biggest mouths, and make up a very small percentage of diamond buyers. Makes great sense. I'm done talking. Again.

dorocill

Corporal
GB are fun, interesting, somewhat challenging, except I don’t feel very happy about the negotiation advantage over fight but Inno must’ve carefully worked it out so I’ll just learn to live with it & negotiate every now & then.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Oh okay then, make the GBG gameplay for GvG players, they are after all about a huge 5% of the Forge population, have the biggest mouths, and make up a very small percentage of diamond buyers. Makes great sense. I'm done talking. Again.
then why you didnt do it first time when you told it and be quiet and made us all happy??? Do you see what you write??? our attacks should be reduced cause you are incompetent to build some attack??? Then why your FPs income shouldnt be reduced to 24 per day cause so much get players wich start game? Does that sound logical to you????

then why you didnt do it first time when you told it and be quiet and made us all happy??? Do you see what you write??? our attacks should be reduced cause you are incompetent to build some attack??? Then why your FPs income shouldnt be reduced to 24 per day cause so much get players wich start game? Does that sound logical to you????
Do you ever write a message without calling other players "incompetent"?

Ceban

Brigadier-General
how idea 'your towns should be reduced cause my is weak' sound to you then as complaint of incompetent guy??? Then why his town shouldnt be reduced to 24 fp per day how much players get when they start game???

Agent327

Overlord

Don't blame him for using one of the few words he knows.

how idea 'your towns should be reduced cause my is weak' sound to you then as complaint of incompetent guy??? Then why his town shouldnt be reduced to 24 fp per day how much players get when they start game???

Try again. Right now you do not make much sense.

It doesn't matter. It's not the point. The point is your negative tone. It's the way you constantly degrade and insult other players when they voice an opinion different to yours. You are an incompetent forum debater because you don't understand basic, polite netiquette.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
Don't blame him for using one of the few words he knows.

Try again. Right now you do not make much sense.
when you will have active account in game then i think you should be able to talk here, till then disapear pls in your troll cave under the stone.

Agent327

Overlord
when you will have active account in game then i think you should be able to talk here, till then disapear pls in your troll cave under the stone.

Right. I am the troll calling everybody incompetent that does not agree with me. You are the allmighty that knows all. Strange you do not know that game and forum accounts do not have to be the same. Then again, really not that strange if you think caves can be under a stone.

pharl

Corporal
What we've found with battlegrounds is that although we're a very active guild and fight a lot (we've won every GE we've been in so far and do well in GvG), the battlegrounds heavily favours a guild with large numbers. A small guild such as ours with 13 members, hasn't got a chance against a 50+ member guild. We can fight and negotiate all we want, but can't compete with a large guild with them doing even just 20 battles each. We won the first BG with more or less like for like numbers, but this one we're up against a couple of much larger guilds. They're not stronger, just have way more numbers that can join in. With GE, it doesn't matter how many members you have, you can still compete and win against anyone. But not with BG - I think this is a major flaw with it and probably should be addressed.

Last edited:

Stargater

Private
Our guild "drew the short straw" when we were allocated a grey flag in Battlegrounds for us to look at from here to eternity.
How can you rally an army behind a grey flag? (perhaps the army of the dead)
Surely Inno could have found sufficient vibrant colors by using a dark & light of selected colors. (eg dark blue, light blue, dark green, light green etc etc)
Inno - please replace the grey!
:(

I don’t care about the grey but on all 4 of my worlds we have a grey flag.

Do all guilds see the same colours on the map or is the flag always grey from a guilds perspective with the enemy guilds given different colours so they can be easily identified?