• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Galladhorn

Monarch
This might be off topic, but dear Lord please update the Guild Thread System as soon as possible.
The New "GbG Feature is going to change Guilds"
(Quoting: GhostInThemachine).

And BGB might spur more activity, but with the current Thread System upping Guilds and Guildies that was never doing e.g GvG, needs seriously amounts of communication and new Thread structures to support it. Else I guess one can expect only a fairly small amount of guilds will continue the GBG effort. The old estabslished GvG guilds managed it till now andone could argue that other guilds can just do the same, but it does not take into consideration that GBG properly is supposed to get more players into the Guild action, players that did not till now join (or coudl not join) the GvG guilds.

Give the Thread system at least one more Tab (better 2) to run the GbG / GvG / leadership efforts.
– It has already been suggested many times so I am not gonna put it up in Ideas.

Galladhorn

Monarch
ahahah, find another guild :) mate .... there is only 1 Lords of War ... I'v been to other guilds, none are so organized ... that's not the point

according to Inno moderator on support, It is the Era's of the players in your guild that is randomly chosen for the cost...

I agree, the costs seems very unbalanced and I have tried to find a solution to how our guild can overcome these costs, but with only a small percentage of players that actually will participate in this Guild based effort it seems like an impossible task. Lets hope Inno will coem to some adjustments sooner thanlater – else it might go as you predict, which sadly would be a huge waste.

Yes, as it was predicted a long time ago GBG is going to drain our resources very quickly.
I assume, that's the way Inno want it to be. Then we are more easily tempted to spend real money on the game.
Construct extremely expensive GBG buildings faster with diamonds. Pay diamonds for en extra turn in impossible to solve GBG negotiations....
Inno is not going to listen to our suggestions about making buildings cheaper or giving us an extra tavern turn for negotiations. Why would they. They want us to pay for the game.

Last edited:

DeletedUser12400

The battle count isn't always updating properly in real time. Sometimes it stalls and you have to refresh the game to see the right number.
Yup, I can confrim that I had that today

ahahah, find another guild :) mate .... there is only 1 Lords of War ... I'v been to other guilds, none are so organized ... that's not the point

according to Inno moderator on support, It is the Era's of the players in your guild that is randomly chosen for the cost...

so for example I have
PostModern Era 3 players
Space Age 28

so .. if my oponent has majority of VF and SAM players, they will only get VF and SAM goods to spend in the event ... while if you have 3 PME players, there is a chance that the game will randomly select the goods of that players, which happened to us on the 2nd season, we got goods costs of PME, in 6 months we did not spend so many goods then what we spent today on 5 palaces (while we are basically fighting in PME daily) ... so if I build 2-3 more palaces, my PME goods are gone, and then I can't build palaces anymore ever because I have 3 players in PME and a chance that I will get them again ....
thats just totally unreal ...
guilds do not have a constant increase of new players, especially on old servers...

battlegrounds will change guilds? No battlegrounds will destroy both GvG and GE, and even itself, Inno doesnt seem to be thinking about the future of Battlegrounds, or GE, or GvG, or FoE in general.
1 lvl 80 Arc produces what? 200 goods daily? while 1 palace that requires requires PME goods costs can cost me from 5k PME to 15-20k PME depending on how randomly it selects what goods it needs ... so for a guild to maintain their guild treasury, they would need to have a high number of players in each era with high level Arcs ... last season I spent almost 32k VF and 35k OF goods on 1 season for negotiations, and you expect people to donate goods to the treasury? seriously? how will they participate then?

people will deplete their personal stocks, guild and personal goods wont be maintainable, as you can not produce daily what you can spend in less then 1 day in battlegrounds, personal goods, guild goods, or even units, in combination with all 3 features, in the long run, Inno will end up with another unused feature with 2-3-4-5% participants just like GvG .....

I am wondering, when they were deciding the prices of buildings, and the fact that shields last only 4 hours, did they check their server statistics? player stocks? guild stocks? did they calculate in the math of possible daily goods income and unit income? doesn't seem so? did they count in the active new player increase % on each server and the fact that new players actually need to focus on developing their cities, instead of working for the guild treasury to justify their membership in the guild?

what am I supposed to kick payers bellow AF from our guild to save on goods?
Finding another guild is a last resort option in my opinion. The point being, make your guild work, and if it can't, or won't, then......

battlegrounds will change guilds? No battlegrounds will destroy both GvG and GE, and even itself, Inno doesnt seem to be thinking about the future of Battlegrounds, or GE, or GvG, or FoE in general.
GvG is already destroyed. As a new player, there's no way I could possibly hope to play GvG, not unless I change guilds. And I'm not willing to do that, especially for an unknown quantity. And GB is the documented attempt to replace GvG as it is recognized that not enough play it. GE, maybe. For guild advancement, GB is clearly superior at this stage of development. For other rewards, especially diamonds, GE will survive I expect.

Ceban

Brigadier-General
what determines what goods Battlegrounds buildings ask? sometimes Palace asks me for SAM goods, sometimes for PME, I think Battlegrounds should exclusively use SAM VF AF goods only, as those goods arent used in GvG, both GvG and Battlegrounds and GE will become unplayable if guilds deplete their lower age treasuries on 4h sectors

I mean seriously, I just wasted 5 months of my PME GvG to build 5 palaces ..... Inno cant seriously assume that the servers and all guilds have a constant income of new players and players at the lower ages .... SAM VF OF AF goods have no use except to open levels in GE, while most of us have milions in stock
create good, decent and well organised guild so you wont have problems like this! or dont build palaces but take them from others

people will deplete their personal stocks, guild and personal goods wont be maintainable, as you can not produce daily what you can spend in less then 1 day in battlegrounds, personal goods, guild goods, or even units, in combination with all 3 features, in the long run, Inno will end up with another unused feature with 2-3-4-5% participants just like GvG .....

I am wondering, when they were deciding the prices of buildings, and the fact that shields last only 4 hours, did they check their server statistics? player stocks? guild stocks? did they calculate in the math of possible daily goods income and unit income? doesn't seem so? did they count in the active new player increase % on each server and the fact that new players actually need to focus on developing their cities, instead of working for the guild treasury to justify their membership in the guild?
I agree. Costs are much greater than what can be produced. Trades help, but if everyone's stockpiles are depleted, they won't be trading either. And working for the guild treasury at the expense of one's own play, well, couldn't ask another member to do that either.

The object of GB is to compete against other guilds in order to level up your own guild. Along the way, every player in the guild can collect some fragments of the Statue of Honor, whether they contribute to the guild or not. And every player has the opportunity to complete encounters for personal rewards.

If a guild does nothing, it costs them nothing, and they get nothing.

If a guild goes all out, takes every province, builds every building, goes the whole 9 yards, it is likely that yes, their resources will be depleted. The next season they won't have what they need to maintain their league status and they will drop down a league. At the end of the day, that is their ranking in the Battleground.

But what if a guild were to play smart? Instead of going all out, set a goal, and then do what was needed to achieve that goal and nothing more. Don't go up a league unless the guild leaders, based on past performance and goods on hand think they can advance and once advanced, hold onto that position. Or if their current league is too much, drop down a league to a position where the guild can level up more but supposedly at a cheaper cost. This is the way all 3 of my guilds are playing. The guilds I'm a member in went all out the first season. Of course we did, nobody knew what was what or even what the rewards would be. The one stayed in the Silver League, the other advanced to the Silver League. This season, we are playing such that we hope we don't advance a league and that we won't drop a league. That's already accomplished, unless the other leagues decide to do something. So we need not spend any goods at all, there is no strategic advantage for us to do so. The guild will go up another level. We can rebuild some of our goods we overspent on the previous season. We'll get more fragments. And each member, if they so choose to do so, can either do encounters to get those rewards; and all of us can play GE to get those rewards.

The world I play where I founded a guild, unfortunately, is going to get *CENSORED*! Its also the Silver League, but once again, nobody else on the battleground is doing anything. I want the guild reward nevertheless, so have accomplished that. But that also means the guild is going to advance a league next season. My costs are zero though. Even if I wanted or needed to erect a building on the battleground, my members are more advanced, haven't contributed to the guild treasury, so I would have to trade for what was needed. Not an issue though.

Next season I'll have advanced to the Gold league I expect. What I do then is going to depend on what the other guilds on the battleground do, not on what I can do. I'll do 39 encounters so that I am poised to go either way. If I can get the guild reward by doing the 40th and still finish in last place to drop back down to the Silver, that is likely what I'll do. If I can compete without finishing first, and if it seems as if I can succeed at it, I won't finish last but stay in the Gold League.

The point is, I can't build any buildings in the battleground, which also means I can't open the 3rd level in the GE. Am I going to kick anyone because of that? No! Because in a guild of that size, it is not their fault I can't do level 3, it is mine. It is my responsibility to get more members and it is my responsibility to get the goods I need before I need them. It is not Inno's nor is it the responsibility of FoE. I have to play within my means and if I want to do more, then I, and I alone, need to increase my means. And the simplest solution in this case is simply to advance one or two Ages. To do that, I just have to expend some forge points, that will get me into the Early Middle Ages. I already own everything there, so just a matter of getting the tech. Same for the following Age, though I also have to do some more on the Campaign Map.

On three battlegrounds, we are competing successfully without spending any guild treasury goods at all. We don't even need banners to increase VPs, not at this stage. If all guilds were to do the 40, we probably don't want to go down a league, so then we might spend something to keep us out of last place. Unless we have a reason to do something, we will not be doing it. Victory points do not matter in the least, only the ranking they give one in the battleground matters. And we are doing GE. As to GvG, it is not applicable to my guilds. If it were, then I would expect we would have to make choices as to where to put our goods.

The rule is: Don't do anything unless you have a reason to do it. Don't do it just for the sake of doing it! And if it has to be done, and one can't because the goods are not available, then the guild must indeed change. In some manner or the other! Besides, Forge of Empires is not going to give it to us, they want us to buy diamonds to get it.

Yes, as it was predicted a long time ago GBG is going to drain our resources very quickly.
I assume, that's the way Inno want it to be. Then we are more easily tempted to spend real money on the game.
Construct extremely expensive GBG buildings faster with diamonds. Pay diamonds for en extra turn in impossible to solve GBG negotiations....
Inno is not going to listen to our suggestions about making buildings cheaper or giving us an extra tavern turn for negotiations. Why would they. They want us to pay for the game.
Odd! Impossible to solve GB negotiations? Must be a more advanced league or player maybe? I'll have to find out I suppose.

I agree. Costs are much greater than what can be produced. Trades help, but if everyone's stockpiles are depleted, they won't be trading either. And working for the guild treasury at the expense of one's own play, well, couldn't ask another member to do that either.

The object of GB is to compete against other guilds in order to level up your own guild. Along the way, every player in the guild can collect some fragments of the Statue of Honor, whether they contribute to the guild or not. And every player has the opportunity to complete encounters for personal rewards.

If a guild does nothing, it costs them nothing, and they get nothing.

If a guild goes all out, takes every province, builds every building, goes the whole 9 yards, it is likely that yes, their resources will be depleted. The next season they won't have what they need to maintain their league status and they will drop down a league. At the end of the day, that is their ranking in the Battleground.

But what if a guild were to play smart? Instead of going all out, set a goal, and then do what was needed to achieve that goal and nothing more. Don't go up a league unless the guild leaders, based on past performance and goods on hand think they can advance and once advanced, hold onto that position. Or if their current league is too much, drop down a league to a position where the guild can level up more but supposedly at a cheaper cost. This is the way all 3 of my guilds are playing. The guilds I'm a member in went all out the first season. Of course we did, nobody knew what was what or even what the rewards would be. The one stayed in the Silver League, the other advanced to the Silver League. This season, we are playing such that we hope we don't advance a league and that we won't drop a league. That's already accomplished, unless the other leagues decide to do something. So we need not spend any goods at all, there is no strategic advantage for us to do so. The guild will go up another level. We can rebuild some of our goods we overspent on the previous season. We'll get more fragments. And each member, if they so choose to do so, can either do encounters to get those rewards; and all of us can play GE to get those rewards.

The world I play where I founded a guild, unfortunately, is going to get *CENSORED*! Its also the Silver League, but once again, nobody else on the battleground is doing anything. I want the guild reward nevertheless, so have accomplished that. But that also means the guild is going to advance a league next season. My costs are zero though. Even if I wanted or needed to erect a building on the battleground, my members are more advanced, haven't contributed to the guild treasury, so I would have to trade for what was needed. Not an issue though.

Next season I'll have advanced to the Gold league I expect. What I do then is going to depend on what the other guilds on the battleground do, not on what I can do. I'll do 39 encounters so that I am poised to go either way. If I can get the guild reward by doing the 40th and still finish in last place to drop back down to the Silver, that is likely what I'll do. If I can compete without finishing first, and if it seems as if I can succeed at it, I won't finish last but stay in the Gold League.

The point is, I can't build any buildings in the battleground, which also means I can't open the 3rd level in the GE. Am I going to kick anyone because of that? No! Because in a guild of that size, it is not their fault I can't do level 3, it is mine. It is my responsibility to get more members and it is my responsibility to get the goods I need before I need them. It is not Inno's nor is it the responsibility of FoE. I have to play within my means and if I want to do more, then I, and I alone, need to increase my means. And the simplest solution in this case is simply to advance one or two Ages. To do that, I just have to expend some forge points, that will get me into the Early Middle Ages. I already own everything there, so just a matter of getting the tech. Same for the following Age, though I also have to do some more on the Campaign Map.

On three battlegrounds, we are competing successfully without spending any guild treasury goods at all. We don't even need banners to increase VPs, not at this stage. If all guilds were to do the 40, we probably don't want to go down a league, so then we might spend something to keep us out of last place. Unless we have a reason to do something, we will not be doing it. Victory points do not matter in the least, only the ranking they give one in the battleground matters. And we are doing GE. As to GvG, it is not applicable to my guilds. If it were, then I would expect we would have to make choices as to where to put our goods.

The rule is: Don't do anything unless you have a reason to do it. Don't do it just for the sake of doing it! And if it has to be done, and one can't because the goods are not available, then the guild must indeed change. In some manner or the other! Besides, Forge of Empires is not going to give it to us, they want us to buy diamonds to get it.
Completely agree with you :)

In copper my guild didn't need any buildings and very limited negotiations, mainly battles and got moved to silver.

Now in silver, I have built a few of the cheaper buildings but we are just doing enough to occupy the middle and ensure we win.

IF we move to gold next season there is no chance of being competitive as we are a small guild but as long as we can take a single sector so we get the rewards then that is good enough for me

Fulhamguy

Corporal
My partner does 30 or more negotiations and has never spent a diamond or found them impossible, so not sure what you are doing wrong ?

As usual in these games you spend as much resources as you can afford or want to. I found GvG much more of a drain on resources than GbG so far.

DeletedUser110327

Suggestion - how about just for GbG attack boosts and defence boosts don't work, so everyone is on a level playing field, and gameplay is geared towards tactical battling rather than auto battling? Auto is perfect for GvG and also for GE for the good GvG players, so this might be a good way forward for everyone. I know, I know, the GvG players are all going to call me an idiot and scream and complain, but hey, GbG isn't GvG is it :D

There would still be rogues and next age troops, just no attack or defence boosts.

6 goods to choose between and only three turns is almost impossible.
6 goods and 3 turns, I don't have the numbers, but I'm pretty sure I solve those over 50% of the time. And 100% of the time with 4 turns. Nor am I even going to attempt to explain how it is done. You want to know, you need to be a member of my guild.

And, 25% to 33% is not equal to almost impossible, not by a long shot, ask any probability mathematician.

I did a 10 good, 4 turn negotiation puzzle just a couple of hours ago. The probability of my finding the correct solution on the 4th turn was 100%.

So, 50% of the times you would have to pay diamonds for an extra turn. Easy to solve with 4 turns. But you don't have 4 turns in GBG.
You can pay 10 diamonds for a 4th turn in battlegrounds. Should I? No. Do I? Sometimes. I only do it when I don't really have the time to do it over again. Suppose that is a strategic decision. Its a choice.