• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 109369
  • Start date

Galladhorn

Monarch
I agree to comments on the Flags Design, Would make sense to at least have the Guilds banner Icon shown on the flags
it is already in the game, so a matter of minor adjustments and it is small flat 2d piece.

All sectors should have an addtional name indications added B1Z, A2Y etc.
– The current sector names are not exactly easy piecy and can not be copied from the headline for easier Postings.

– Not really that important, but I would not mind seeing the stasts of activated tactical buildings shown on the headbanner of the Sector/province,

FantasticMrFrank

Brigadier-General
to be fair and in my opinion I like the GBG, you get more crowns for finishing 4th than you do for winning the Guild Expedition, so will GE now die off?, The posts asking for the attrition to be dropped for newer players is not right reason being its called a guild battle ground it’s not supposed to be easy is it? the newer players would want to learn how to fight before they decide to jump into an established guild full of fighters who have spent years building their cities, you can’t expect them be of any use if they are still in the low ages with no attack gbs so they need to put the time in to be part of a fighting guild instead of complaining it’s to hard, I’m not strong enough etc

I agree to comments on the Flags Design, Would make sense to at least have the Guilds banner Icon shown on the flags
it is already in the game, so a matter of minor adjustments and it is small flat 2d piece.

All sectors should have an addtional name indications added B1Z, A2Y etc.
– The current sector names are not exactly easy piecy and can not be copied from the headline for easier Postings.

– Not really that important, but I would not mind seeing the stasts of activated tactical buildings shown on the headbanner of the Sector/province,
It's been said before, but anyway, names and stats of the provinces should be shown when hovering the pointer over the provinces so you don't have to click on the provinces to get the info. (I have no idea how it works on mobile with no "mouse pointer"). At least the names of the provinces should be visible without having to click on them.

Last edited:
to be fair and in my opinion I like the GBG, you get more crowns for finishing 4th than you do for winning the Guild Expedition, so will GE now die off?, The posts asking for the attrition to be dropped for newer players is not right reason being its called a guild battle ground it’s not supposed to be easy is it? the newer players would want to learn how to fight before they decide to jump into an established guild full of fighters who have spent years building their cities, you can’t expect them be of any use if they are still in the low ages with no attack gbs so they need to put the time in to be part of a fighting guild instead of complaining it’s to hard, I’m not strong enough etc
Ah yeah, but the thing is, that GBG is supposed to be accessible for all players; newbies as well as experienced oldies.

Vesiger

Monarch
If you feel your guild is so weak and insecure that you want to make alliances then I pity you.
And what about those of us who actually are weak and have a choice between getting steamrollered by two big guilds trying to wipe each other out, or helping one of them and being allowed to keep at least a little territory?

And what about those of us who actually are weak and have a choice between getting steamrollered by two big guilds trying to wipe each other out, or helping one of them and being allowed to keep at least a little territory?
Take the sectors around your home base, you can't lose your seiges there as you always have an adjoining sector! Keep attacking when it's unlocked and you will take it at some point, get some points on the board so you get something from the round.

rainydayze

Private
SUGGESTION: "Member Activity" Screen is not USEFUL for Guild Leaders (or possibly anyone).
As a Leader, I'm not all that concerned with Numbers of Fights vs Number of Negotiations by individual members.
Guild ranking isn't much use either - I know who my players and which ones who love to Kill, Kill, Kill (with troops and/or goods) every chance they get :-)
It will be the same ranking most rounds, and we arent competing with each other in-guild anyway.

I would much prefer seeing my MEMBER ACTIVITY listed with Total Number of Encounters completed (like in GE);

perhaps alternatively Total encounters overall, AND in brackets Total encounters for previous 24 hours, or from attrition reset time.

AND Name of Last Province(s) worked on in previous 24 hours.

SUGGESTION: "Member Activity" Screen is not USEFUL for Guild Leaders (or possibly anyone).
As a Leader, I'm not all that concerned with Numbers of Fights vs Number of Negotiations by individual members.
Guild ranking isn't much use either - I know who my players and which ones who love to Kill, Kill, Kill (with troops and/or goods) every chance they get :-)
It will be the same ranking most rounds, and we arent competing with each other in-guild anyway.

I would much prefer seeing my MEMBER ACTIVITY listed with Total Number of Encounters completed (like in GE);

perhaps alternatively Total encounters overall, AND in brackets Total encounters for previous 24 hours, or from attrition reset time.

AND Name of Last Province(s) worked on in previous 24 hours.
No need to shout, we're not deaf

Caellum

Private
the midnight reset disadvantages those playing in european timezones, not everyone can be online at midnight,

rainydayze

Private
the midnight reset disadvantages those playing in european timezones, not everyone can be online at midnight,
I play in Australia, so wherever the timer reset/recalc marker point is, it disadvantages plenty of players. GbG is meants to be playable in all time zones. But your statement is actually completely irrelevant to my point about the "The Member Activity" screen, I just need to know *where* players have been playing, and how "active" players have been since I last logged in.

The "Member Activity" screen as it currently stands is so useless it may as well not be there at all.

Currently it reads:
1. Player A X Negs Y Fights
which is meaningless information.

It should display:
1. Player A
---- X total Encounters (Like the GE member activity screen)
--- Last played: Province B3-X (3 hours ago..
(just like the GVG Activity Log Screen reports when you go into a GvG map, it tells you which players, battled where, and how long ago it was).

There are other ways of presenting the information, Have a "Member Activity" screen, and a "Guild Activity Log" similar to the Logs in GVG ... we need information about who has been playing "where" and roughly " when". The data we need is recorded in the game, it just needs a tweak to display it to the users.

I think the above is probably the simplest way of displaying the info, but Inno game developers or other experienced players may have better ideas.

Galladhorn

Monarch
Does the over Attrion level at a steaper curve the closer we get to then of a season? or it is the same avery day ?

Giskler

Legend
Only if you do not know how to read it.

Player A 60 negs 48 fights = 60:2+48 = 78 encounters
Other way around, it displays total encounters, not points. Correct way to read it is neg*2 + fights = points contributed. This is why someone with 20 negotiations will be ranked higher than someone with 20 fights.

Agent327

Overlord
Some prayers have been heard

(Beta Spoilers in spoiler tag)
Greetings Beta,

From tomorrow, Tuesday 3rd December 2019, we are making changes to battle attrition to make it slightly easier going forward. This does not apply to the earliest levels, but you will notice the changes as you progress. Additionally, we've increased the maximum attrition level to compensate for the adjustment in the overall difficulty curve .

Your Forge of Empires Team Beta

Last edited by a moderator:

Galladhorn

Monarch
Again I can not strees out how bad the Thread system is – literally nothing has changed with since I can not remember when.
Our guild has been doing well, while playing very relaxed Individual play and no GvG. With GbG we (I) try to establish a system and even recalling old days of GvG leadership it is even worse now, since back then the Threads for GB´s where not nearly as frequent as they are now. Blaming it on the guildies that does not want to scroll back many pages to find the latest updates maybe one way to think about it, but I guess there is enough things to click on already.
With GbG also comes traits of Diplomacy just like in GvG – for Guild leaders that is yet more threads to keep track on.

All those guilds that are now trying out GbG while stockpiles are dwindling fast and of which many never did GvG must be facing the same kind of Thread system challenges or not?

– Other games often use socila media forums for this purpose – Does anybody have an idea/clue/experience how frequent this is amoungst organized FoE guilds?

Would it make any sense to make a update Proposition to the Thread system yet once more ?
(taking into account ideas laready posted).

Again I can not strees out how bad the Thread system is – literally nothing has changed with since I can not remember when.
Our guild has been doing well, while playing very relaxed Individual play and no GvG. With GbG we (I) try to establish a system and even recalling old days of GvG leadership it is even worse now, since back then the Threads for GB´s where not nearly as frequent as they are now. Blaming it on the guildies that does not want to scroll back many pages to find the latest updates maybe one way to think about it, but I guess there is enough things to click on already.
With GbG also comes traits of Diplomacy just like in GvG – for Guild leaders that is yet more threads to keep track on.

All those guilds that are now trying out GbG while stockpiles are dwindling fast and of which many never did GvG must be facing the same kind of Thread system challenges or not?

– Other games often use socila media forums for this purpose – Does anybody have an idea/clue/experience how frequent this is amoungst organized FoE guilds?

Would it make any sense to make a update Proposition to the Thread system yet once more ?
(taking into account ideas laready posted).
Yes, agree, the message center doesn't work very well. Important threads get flooded by swap threads and whatnot and guild members don't bother scrolling through a lot of threads.
Maybe an option (for guild leaders) to create some kind of "sticky" threads that always stay on top could be useful. Maybe also a "search" option.

For GvG "chat" is very often used with succes for easy, fast communication. But there's no chat on mobile, so that's not an option for GBG. Only in-game option for GBG atm is the message center.
A special GBG chat box within the GBG feature would be useful maybe. And an easy way to give guild members updated directions where to attack (and not!) without having to search through the message center for a "GBG thread".

Last edited:

Thrawnf

Corporal
So thanks Inno for this GbG, hope you will not ruin it with an update (as you did with GvG)

I like the fact it's team worked based, and the team need to work together...and with 4h shield, turn over of the sector is high, so all timezone can play anytime of the day.

But I have a suggestion: in the log, if it's possible to add the name of the player who start a flag?

The reason is in order to make it clear, as lot of players so NOT read messages (I know it's horrible so many laziness) they just go on the map and fight where they so a flag up
but we have so nasty player (hard to identify) who spam flag everywhere (some to use the loop of troop or good, other because they do it in purpose and some as they are idiot)
I think if we can have the name of who put flag, and the name of who fight where like in GvG, it will be a nice improvement to be able to send appropriate message and be more organised.