• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023 Feedback Thread

Deleted member 127677

Exactly - by not making matches random in GBG but matching by 1000 LP first then Inno are creating a 2 tier league...but the frags are being given equally to winners in both tiers
So make the matches random over the whole of Diamond league
or, make < 1000 tier not give tower frags - make it a different league
Agree on all you say. If it’s to be a competition, make it worth it to be in the running for the top prize, don’t incentivise the drop down. Clear as day.

Kev-

Private
Agree on all you say. If it’s to be a competition, make it worth it to be in the running for the top prize, don’t incentivise the drop down. Clear as day.
Unless your a Inno employee, they still insist match making isn't a problem.

Deleted member 127677

Unless your a Inno employee, they still insist match making isn't a problem.
Well, I’m not one, and to me the match making is fine. Just realise that there is only one diamond league, and don’t give any ranking priority to those who win or gather massive victory points in other leagues, over those who fight it out in the top one. Sorted, as far as I’m concerned. Maybe also put in a minimum size for guilds to compete in the first place, although that is more of a reflection of what it does to the matches than their capacity to fight. If a 3-person guild can win lower diamond, that is a statement regarding the other ‘competitors’ rather than on them once they reach full diamond.

Deleted member 127677

except its not just ranking, its tower frags too
Yes it is, but that would get sorted if they removed lower diamond option. Currently, the tower is only available through diamond league. Those who fall to platinum get no frags. I hope that remains true, or if they do, they get maybe 100 or something. That again is to disincentivise the drop down in the first place. Then players just have to choose if they want to prioritise fights over competitiveness. I was chatting today to someone in a guild that can end up 3rd or 4th on a normal 1000 lp board, and they are actively seeking to drop down now since they want to prioritise the number of fights they can get in lower dime over any benefit they could get in the 1000 lp board. So, again, drop the diamond rewards from lp 901-999 and see how much they like it in highest platinum.

harold mouse

Corporal
Season 3 finished. The top ranking in our world is somewhat more correctly reflecting the true state of capacity, however, number 4 in rank is a yoyo guild with 12 members and now 2 wins in lower diamond where they clearly dominate, and are because of this ranked higher than 5 significantly stronger and at least 4 times larger guilds that have not dropped out of 1000 league points for the past couple of years. Likewise, there are 2 more yoyo guilds in the top 10 (5 and 38 members respectively, one was plat and one low diamond last season), and another several guilds with 1 win from any lower league to their name, including one with 3 members, in the top 20. They are all outranking 3 of those bigger and stronger guilds, simply on the basis of having won one season somewhere other than 1000 league points, while the outranked ones have come up short while not dropping down. This was predictable and obvious from the end of the first season of the championship. It has been raised now every season, as it simply makes a mockery out of any attempt to make the new ranking in any way reflective of the state of guild capacity.

The Tower of Champions has amazing stats, thank you for making it worth while to pursue this championship and the wins. The cross use for Gbg and GE is likewise very useful, especially to our junior players and those still needing their blue stats, it also makes the full guild’s efforts useful for the collective. As mentioned above, however, there are yoyo guilds who will get the level 1 of this building, having dropped to lower diamond for three seasons in the championship, while guilds who ended up 2nd or 3rd in full 1000 lp seasons will not even get that level 1. This needs to be rectified. Easiest option is to count only 1000 lp as diamond, and weight any other wins and victory points so that guilds who get promoted cannot overtake those who have remained in 1000 lps throughout.
Very similar in our world. (except we have about half the number of guilds with 1000LP) No 4 has gone from ~P20 to P3 to P19 to P4. P5 to P8 are all up from lower diamond and the 4th 5th and 6th strongest guilds occupy P9, P10 & P11, and are further penalised as they can get fewer tower fragments.

What bugs me most are the feeble excuses Inno have given for not changing matchmaking. They have no excuse for not knowing this would happen, and no excuse for not realising that the ranking table means they have already designed a better matchmaking system, and no good reason for punishing the members of large strong guilds in order to make the game more interesting for a much smaller number of players in small yo-yo guilds.

Last edited:

Deleted member 127677

What bugs me most are the feeble excuses Inno have given for not changing matchmaking
I’ve actually never seen any comments about this, except the occasional pushback e.g. on this forum. I agree, there is no excuse. Beta has had this going now for I think almost a full championship, on live we are about a month behind. Plenty of data, and plenty of evidence that it’s not working as intended. As with all these things, it may be too late to save some guilds where disillusioned players have already moved on, but at least make it fair and right for the coming bunch.

jenkoroid

Private
I have seen many things in my time whilst playing FOE; however, I do not know what change is happening in the main office but, trying to level the world of GbG is pure chaos. I do not think anyone really thought about how it really would turn out and by all accounts every championship in the future will be just a rinse and repeat of the same thing!!!! Well done FOE!
My Guild in JAIMS has always been competitive in GvG, GE and GbG however we are now ranked 21st lol and there is a Guild with 3 people that are ahead of us..... We came 2nd last season and all the Guilds behind us are in front of us. This match start this morning is a 2 horse race - which one is a race horse and we are just a stable horse in comparison however, the other 5 Guilds are and will be just stabled Ponies......
I have played this game for some 7.5 years but, with the changes FOE keep introducing for no other reason than to make money with a sprinkle of madness I might just have to BOW out of this Merry-Go-Round!

Last edited:
Yes it is, but that would get sorted if they removed lower diamond option. Currently, the tower is only available through diamond league. Those who fall to platinum get no frags. I hope that remains true, or if they do, they get maybe 100 or something. That again is to disincentivise the drop down in the first place. Then players just have to choose if they want to prioritise fights over competitiveness. I was chatting today to someone in a guild that can end up 3rd or 4th on a normal 1000 lp board, and they are actively seeking to drop down now since they want to prioritise the number of fights they can get in lower dime over any benefit they could get in the 1000 lp board. So, again, drop the diamond rewards from lp 901-999 and see how much they like it in highest platinum.
If tower fragments were only available for guilds at 1000LP, that would straight off solve guilds trying to drop into lower diamond for easier wins.

Deleted member 127677

If tower fragments were only available for guilds at 1000LP, that would straight off solve guilds trying to drop into lower diamond for easier wins.
That, and maybe also count victories and vps only in the leagues/league brackets where they were achieved. If a win in 901-999 lp dime or in platinum only counts in 901-999 lp dime or in platinum, that sorts any ranking issue also.

Apart from the ranking/prize issue which is mainly diamond related, I’m still looking for a solution to the dime cost, proportional to the sector opening times. Either portion out the dime costs for buildings so people can share/timers can be reduced a bit, even if you can’t do all. And/or give us proportional use of those buildings, commensurate with what it was in the old system - so, if the longest build time now is 3 hours, make sectors open only every 6 hours, like they opened every 4 hours before with 2 hours being the longest build time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 127677

Longest build time was 5 hrs.
Thank you, I stand corrected. Have to admit I don’t consider and never did consider traps or palaces as normal buildings. But either way, the traps are now a 5-hr build, so it makes even less sense to have increased the build time of attrition reduction buildings by the amount they are, without allowing for options to speed them, and share the cost, or letting the sectors stay closed for longer.

joesoap

Major-General
guilds dont always want to go to lower diamond for easier wins & now these fragments, they want in lower diamond so they can actually do some fights in gbg instead of watching the 2/3 top guilds for 11 days

Deleted member 127677

guilds dont always want to go to lower diamond for easier wins & now these fragments, they want in lower diamond so they can actually do some fights in gbg instead of watching the 2/3 top guilds for 11 days
Have to tell you that the way it tends to look now is that there is no issue with getting fights, just an issue of getting organised and going to take those fights. We have a guild with 77 members and one with 66, being outperformed on the map by one with 60 and one with 5, and all sectors in front of their base open. Yet that first guild have now taken all of 2 sector since yesterday morning, and the other none. 3 guilds on our board have taken no sectors at all. Clear cases of intentional drop down. It’s not like they shouldn’t be able to compete or, as the case is for those two bigger ones, at least stay in league, right?

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
Have to tell you that the way it tends to look now is that there is no issue with getting fights, just an issue of getting organised and going to take those fights. We have a guild with 77 members being outperformed on the map by one with 60 and one with 5, and all sectors in front of their base open. Yet they have taken all of 1 sector since yesterday morning. Clear case of intentional drop down. It’s not like they shouldn’t be able to compete or at least stay in league, right?
Some guilds may be tired of clicking 1,000 times per day. It was boring already before the recent changes, but the player base is exhausted by the sum total of the changes to the game in 2023. Everything's complicated and fragmented, silver upgrades, golden upgrades, a bazillion fragments, this tower of fragments in the battlegrounds is just what we needed (not!) another fragment thing to save up over months.

What shocks me is not that some people might want to intentionally sit out GBG, but that anyone's still interested in mindlessly clicking for hours every day in order to participate in a league/match system that has never worked well. The new ranking system is the icing on the cake, it's even more lopsided than before with 3 and 4 person guilds ranked higher than guilds that participate on 1000 LP but don't manage to be 1st. Yippee.

L0rien

Private
Know of a 1000LP match this round where 7 out of 8 guilds are trying to drop LP, only one trying to actually win! One guild took a little in first hours and is now stuffed as is no way others going to over take them! Crazy game - crazy us for playing it :D

Deleted member 127677

Know of a 1000LP match this round where 7 out of 8 guilds are trying to drop LP, only one trying to actually win! One guild took a little in first hours and is now stuffed as is no way others going to over take them! Crazy game - crazy us for playing it :D
Agree. Can only reiterate so many times, the diamond league rewards need to be reserved for 1000 lps, let those who want to drop down do so, for the platinum or lesser rewards. And if the championship ranking is the ranking, then remove their wins from lower tiers from the tier where they end up. I believe this was in some form the original intention in beta also?

the player base is exhausted by the sum total of the changes to the game in 2023.
If this is true, there would be mass exodus. Some people have left that I know of, but some players who were quieter before are happier now, notably because of the changes to Gbg, but I also see some excitement about events, with or without event passes.

mindlessly clicking for hours every day in order to participate in a league/match system that has never worked well. The new ranking system is the icing on the cake, it's even more lopsided than before with 3 and 4 person guilds ranked higher than guilds that participate on 1000 LP but don't manage to be 1st
Agree about the league system, but there have been solutions proposed to that here, hopefully they get acted on. The new ranking system needs fine tuning, but it is broadly correct that guilds with half a dozen Gvg capable players should not hold higher rank because of that, over guilds where everyone is actively participating in guild activities. A ranking needs to reflect what everyone does, whether it is GE percentages, building levels, overall points in their cities, what have you. I don’t know if that is possible, but since there is hopefully scope for changes now, also with Guild Raids being planned, I can only voice that as overall feedback.

Chilliwilli

Private
NO! it is not mindless clicking, It is so frustrating when you desperately need to help out your guild, and all you can do is watch as your attrition is burnt out because of max 80%

Chilliwilli

Private
This is designed as a social game no! so who finds it bless when their guild go's down because of the high payer players that can no longer help hem out?