• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

New Content Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023 Feedback Thread

Kev-

Private
I do not have to revise anything, cause it shows I have perfect grasp of the sytem as it is now.

The only top 5 there is, is the top 5 ranking based on GvG. Anything else is perception of what you believe are the strongest Guilds. There is no ranking based on GBG to confirm that until now, so the current ranking is the top 5. Not what you or anyone else thinks should be in the top 5. If it turns out Guilds that drop a league to remain in the top 5 and can successfully do so, they deserve to be there, cause they found a strategy that works. The ranking is there to show what Guilds can do in GBG. Not to come up with what you believe are the strongest Guilds.
Only in Inno land could it be deemed a winning formula, sulking on home base throwing the towel in for a complete round so you get annihilated. With thinking like that the issues will never be fixed.

Nidwin

Sergeant
You make it sound like active guilds with coverage across the time zones is an anomaly. Or that guilds whose players want to get a good start to the season is something that needs fixing. If people want to play, and can, why shouldn’t they? Big and active guilds did not spring out of nothing, and now there is a feature that allows truly collaborative guilds to show what they can do. Why would that need fixing?
Where did I mention that this needs to be fixed? I didn't because you can't fix this and I've no issues with people getting up at 03:00 to purge sectors. Everyone plays as he/she wants or see fit. As long as there's no cheat or exploit it's fine but don't come here and tell everyone the matchmaking sucks because you roflstomp everything as number one two or three. It goes both ways.

kingofbrits

Private
Pressing auto-battle hundreds of times in a row isn't my idea of a good way to spend my lunch hour - was that the only element of the game they found interesting?
I don’t know what type of guild you’re in, for us we have no alliances and refuse to do swaps, so we battle everything. A call would go out on discord for a race, 15+ would respond and we’d take a sector as fast as we could. You’d get a buzz from working as a team to beat another group also working together. The sprint race is no more.

Sure, there were times you’d need to plod through some sectors, but we’ve put a lot of effort into building a huge treasury so the payback was having some free hits on occasion as your individual time allows to play. We never really had a problem with fight pickers and most would spend their attrition each day.

Maybe the outsider looking in thought differently as they don’t see the effort and commitment that goes into running a top guild?

All I’m trying to feedback is the view from one of the top 3 GbG guilds on our sever, that feedback is the new format is turning a lot of the most active players off FOE.

Knight of ICE

All I’m trying to feedback is the view from one of the top 3 GbG guilds on our sever, that feedback is the new format is turning a lot of the most active players off FOE.

Same as others try to give feedback from the perspective of not being in a top 3 GBG Guild. That the new format is turning a lot of the most active players off FOE is a weak argument, cause you can not back it up with any numbers yet. The fast majority of players is not in a top 3 GBG Guild, so the chance that more players will become more active because of the new format is much more likely. That means it is an improvement even if a few players quit the game because of it. FoE is there for all type of players, not just the top.

Kev-

Private
That sounds like the sort of thing Inno would try, dumb the game down to the lowest denominator rather than encourage others to up there game.

Nidwin

Sergeant
That sounds like the sort of thing Inno would try, dumb the game down to the lowest denominator rather than encourage others to up there game.
Actually that's not why they did it but we may have to wait on an update from Kyrael.

Knight of ICE

No, that is how you interpret any game change that does not suit your playstyle. It might be hard to swallow, but you are not the benchmark when it comes to this game. What you consider dumbing down, others may see as an improvement and when that leads to more players participating in GBG it can be labeled as an succes. No matter how many times someone claims players will leave the game because of this. History has shown that is a very hollow argument.

Deleted member 127677

I don’t know what type of guild you’re in, for us we have no alliances and refuse to do swaps, so we battle everything. A call would go out on discord for a race, 15+ would respond and we’d take a sector as fast as we could. You’d get a buzz from working as a team to beat another group also working together. The sprint race is no more.

Sure, there were times you’d need to plod through some sectors, but we’ve put a lot of effort into building a huge treasury so the payback was having some free hits on occasion as your individual time allows to play. We never really had a problem with fight pickers and most would spend their attrition each day.

Maybe the outsider looking in thought differently as they don’t see the effort and commitment that goes into running a top guild?

We are also a top 3, if not a top 2 Gbg guild in our world. And from what I see, nobody is being turned off FoE for Gbg reasons. Quite the contrary, some members who never used to pitching in and call are now doing so, the only thing I’m really seeing as otherwise different is the increased balance in the number of fights across the guild compared to before. We didn’t have an activity issue before and certainly haven’t got one now.

Deleted member 127677

I think it’s an encouragement to everyone to up their game. Your guild is only going to be as good as all of its members, not just the few who consider that they were carrying it before.

others may see as an improvement and when that leads to more players participating in GBG
Yes. Absolutely.

make plat league 901 only not 901-1000, another idea
For me, the answer is, no lower diamond league. Diamond league should only be 1000 lps. My world currently has 29 1000 lp guilds, and a further 22 in lower dimes. If you remove those 22 and make a third tier ‘super platinum’ where they can instead play against other platinum guilds, you have solved the issue of too many weak diamond league guilds. If you also make sure that anyone below 1000 lps don’t get diamond league rewards, you also incentivise those who maybe want them to get to 1000 lps, rather than have the complaints about it being forced on them. I would have thought that increasing the pool of platinum guilds could also serve to also make sure that only a handful end up rising to 1000 lps in any given season, and hence reduce the number that actively try to drop down to the easier diamond league too. Maybe get a bit more activity on the 1000 lp boards from those who now sit in their corners by choice.
yes i agree with this..just have one diamond league is in principle what I meant..this goes further and is a great idea..collaborative thinking :) lets hope it gets some legs with inno and they run with it..it would sure solve this "league table" disaster every 6 weeks

it has most def increased fights per head across the guild, this is fantastic and shows others were bursting to contribute but maybe didnt get the chance :) i would just like to see a better league table formulated, i dont think that manipulating the league system should be encouraged by rewarding guilds for yoyo seasons..well done you came 5th/6th and now you can come 1st next season and solidify your rank..makes no sense to me..meantime others plug away just as hard each season giving just as much time/effort/diamonds to see the guild that finished below them get relegated and come next season even further ahead of them

harold mouse

Corporal
I do not have to revise anything, cause it shows I have perfect grasp of the sytem as it is now.
You demonstrate otherwise by what you say.
The only top 5 there is, is the top 5 ranking based on GvG.

That was daft too, in its way, as so few players play GvG. My guild played GvG for rather less than a year and had 54 days at the top of the rankings, not because we were a top guild, but because the game rewards friendship and diplomacy more than brute force and bullying. I regard that as a strength in the game.

Anything else is perception of what you believe are the strongest Guilds. There is no ranking based on GBG to confirm that until now, so the current ranking is the top 5. Not what you or anyone else thinks should be in the top 5. If it turns out Guilds that drop a league to remain in the top 5 and can successfully do so, they deserve to be there, cause they found a strategy that works. The ranking is there to show what Guilds can do in GBG. Not to come up with what you believe are the strongest Guilds.

Only someone totally ignorant of the game could even say such a thing. It is utter nonsense. Just because you don't know who the strong guilds are, because you only have a garbage ranking system, don't insult the intelligence of those who actually play it. I would need to be a moron not to know the relative strength of the best guilds, and I don't appreciate your implication. There is no strategy to get into the top five if you are not one of the top two or perhaps three in strength. It is purely random. All you can do is weaken your guild or, refuse to fight and get rewards, so as to get into a weak league and trust to luck who you meet next season.

Do you not listen to what you have been told by more than one other player? Of course we thought of this strategy the moment we saw how the prizes are handed out, and of course we rejected it. It is a disgusting strategy and it is also disgusting that you could suggest it.

The point is that the ranking table does *not* show what guilds can do in GBG, except the top two (and maybe top three in time). It shows who has been playing in a weak league, and that is all.

Inno could easily fix it by setting leagues according to the ranking table. Then the irrationality of the rankings might balance out in time.

Last edited:

Knight of ICE

You demonstrate otherwise by what you say.

That was daft too, in its way, as so few players play GvG. My guild played GvG for rather less than a year and had 54 days at the top of the rankings, not because we were a top guild, but because the game rewards friendship and diplomacy more than brute force and bullying. I regard that as a strength in the game.

Only someone totally ignorant of the game could even say such a thing. It is utter nonsense. Just because you don't know who the strong guilds are, because you only have a garbage ranking system, don't insult the intelligence of those who actually play it. I would need to be a moron not to know the relative strength of the best guilds, and I don't appreciate your implication. There is no strategy to get into the top five if you are not one of the top two or perhaps three in strength. It is purely random. All you can do is weaken your guild or, refuse to fight and get rewards, so as to get into a weak league and trust to luck who you meet next season.

Do you not listen to what you have been told by more than one other player? Of course we thought of this strategy the moment we saw how the prizes are handed out, and of course we rejected it. It is a disgusting strategy and it is also disgusting that you could suggest it.

The point is that the ranking table does *not* show what guilds can do in GBG, except the top two (and maybe top three in time). It shows who has been playing in a weak league, and that is all.

Inno could easily fix it by setting leagues according to the ranking table. Then the irrationality of the rankings might balance out in time.

You can call me daft, ignorant, not playing the game, or whatever and I really don't care. That only shows the person you are. You do however need to get one thing straigth. I do not have a ranking system. The game has one and I have as much influence on it as you. I have an opinion on it that differs from yours. That's it.

a charaid

Private
I’m in a top guild in korch and we are now into the 2nd season of gbg championship. We were given to believe that we would have attrition capped at 80% but we have experienced something very different this season. Despite building camps (often more than necessary) we are getting less than 80% support therefore we get less fights before we run out of attrition. The costs, in diamonds, is far too extreme at 125 diamonds for one camp. This is going to be unsustainable in the long term and I fear players will simply stop playing gbg. Time for Inno to get this mess sorted.

maybe in time the "lets get relegated so we can climb the rankings" strategy will be binned and seen as counter intuitive by those who make the decisions, ive never experienced a "ranking system" with this ethos anywhere (prob cos it makes zero sense across all sensible reasoning) like all changes they are not perfect and a one size fits all is very difficult, the suggestions/alternatives to fix this here are good and will hopefully be looked at..after-all why have a discussion on feedback if peeps who made these decisions are not gonna listen to the very people the try and serve, all we can do is make suggestions in the hope that someone with common sense prevails..

Mysty.

Private
I think you're bang on the money. Our round is pretty much the same as before, 2 big guilds dominating, 3rd guild doing what they can but just can't compete as member participation must be low, the rest chipping away when they can, but they have low membership numbers so even with max attrition they blow out pretty quick, may take a couple of 4th tiers sectors.
The biggest difference for the big 2 guilds is it's now slow and boring, its changed from Blitzkrieg to trench warfare.

If i can feedback from internal discussions of a guild of 80 active players, you've sucked the fun out of it for us. We can cope with costs, attrition cap is fine across the guild, just adds frustration when someone wants to play on their lunch break but attrition climbs too quick or if someone does have a lot of time to play, they can't, as you can spend a days attrition in no time, sectors are being taken but at a snails pace, it's just a slog. i can see why elephant racing never took off!!

If any of the developers do actually read this thread, get Space age space hub done ASAP! New GbG in SAT is doubly painful.
This is spot on, we have been on a dead map for 7 days, the other guilds do what they can but their attrition runs out and as a strong 80 member guild there are no fights to be had on the map most of the time so the attrition cap means nothing as there is nothing to use attrition on. One of the best parts of GBG for me was the adrenaline rush on racing for sectors, that seems to be a distant memory now.

not sure how you fix this but it seems like the ability for a small guild to get into 1000lp and not be able to drop out is fundamentally flawed. we have 2 guilds on the map this time that refuse to take sectors (or cant ?) and there are 8 sectors that no one has touched since they were first taken in the opening round.

harold mouse

Corporal
You can call me daft, ignorant, not playing the game, or whatever and I really don't care. That only shows the person you are. You do however need to get one thing straigth. I do not have a ranking system. The game has one and I have as much influence on it as you. I have an opinion on it that differs from yours. That's it.

I didn't call you daft, that was simply a reference to the way in which the GvG ranking system did not give a true representation of the strength of guilds. I had certainly hoped the new ranking system would be better, but as it turns out it is far worse.

You have already made very clear that you do not have a way of ranking guilds. In other words you admit your own ignorance. That is why I object to you picking fights, insulting contributor's intelligence, and trying to make out that no one can know more than you do yourself.

Why is this thread called feed back if it is not intended that Inno should use the feedback it contains? It seems that it is just a way of fobbing people off.

harold mouse

Corporal
You can call me daft, ignorant, not playing the game, or whatever and I really don't care. That only shows the person you are. You do however need to get one thing straigth. I do not have a ranking system.

I didn't call you daft, that was simply a reference to the way in which the GvG ranking system did not give a true representation of the strength of guilds. I had certainly hoped the new ranking system would be better, but as it turns out it is far worse, and will remain far worse until such time as it stops promoting winners of easier leagues above guilds who consistently have 1000LPs.

Actually daft can be no bad thing in a game, as I implied in my post. There is much to be said for giving more guilds and more players more, which the rewards and ranking system aim to do. But it can only work if league matching is taken from the rankings, not from the old LP only based system.

The game has one and I have as much influence on it as you. I have an opinion on it that differs from yours. That's it.

You have already made very clear that you do not have a way of ranking guilds. In other words you admit your own ignorance. That is why I object to you picking fights, insulting contributor's intelligence, and trying to make out that no one can know more than you do yourself.

Do you not think the ranking should reflect what guilds can do in GBG? You actually suggested that it does do so, But that is ridiculous.

Why is this thread called feed back if it is not intended that Inno should use the feedback it contains? It seems that it is just a way of fobbing people off.

Knight of ICE

You have already made very clear that you do not have a way of ranking guilds.

You just don't get it. It is not my ranking. It is Inno's ranking. Again, I have nothing to do with it. I don't need a way to rank Guilds. I don't care about ranking Guilds. I find all ranking totally useless and feel the same about the discussion on it. Ranking has not been fair from the start and never will be. Ranking only leads to abuse. It is a totally meaningless part of the game in my opinion, that can be done without.

Do you not think the ranking should reflect what guilds can do in GBG? You actually suggested that it does do so, But that is ridiculous.

It does perfectly reflect what Guilds can do in GBG at the moment. Nothing ridiculous about it. What it does not reflect is what you want it to reflect. That is where your feedback comes in and where I am trying to tell you that it takes more than a season and a half to come to the conclusions you are making at the moment. Give it time and it can become a better reflection of what Guilds can do in GBG. It will not be perfect, but it can become better.

It is intended that the feedback reaches Inno. If and how they will use it is up to them. It is not intended that I agree with the feedback, or support it.

Estipar

Chief Warrant Officer
Same here 80% should mean exactly that, if the random generator in GbG is broken then fix or remove it. Replace it with a fixed value i.e. for every 5 fights at 80% add one to attrition because the randomness is not working for me ..