• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Goods plundering

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

They are published on this forum ........Guess you are too busy with your anger to bother to find them ...............Disagreement is what a forum is about but when a moderator can't use their intellectual abilities to look at discussion and reply to it ........well.....one who does not look at facts and figures but instead uses anger and resentment to provide answers .......Who hides behind an idea of ""Go back on topic" ................!!!!! .....People are convinced by the argument and how it can be backed it up with logic, facts and ...not... I'm a mod and look I can try to use my status.............it won't work never has........Look at your own argument ......your responses.......then try to lead by example ......show that you read what is on here thin k about it and then show that you can give a wise and well thought out answer ..........then respect might follow ......

DeletedUser

gryphon01,

If it had been just the moderators responding to you (and mind you, never angry!, they are just asking you to substantiate your statements), then you might have had the slightest bit of a point. However, more than one of the other players have asked you similar questions, and you refuse to answer them.

You are very welcome to discuss with me in private, but this is going rather off-topic.
I suggest that instead of just saying that everyone else is wrong, it might be better to say why you think you're right. That would be more helpful in the discussion about goods plundering - the subject of this thread.

DeletedUser10537

I know It's harsh to see your good building plundered (goods loss but also coin and supply, if not time), but hey, some times life is not fair. For my part, I only plunder goods when the guys put only 2 spearman, I think every visitor need to be greeted warmly..

DeletedUser

gryphon01,

If it had been just the moderators responding to you (and mind you, never angry!, they are just asking you to substantiate your statements), then you might have had the slightest bit of a point. However, more than one of the other players have asked you similar questions, and you refuse to answer them.

You are very welcome to discuss with me in private, but this is going rather off-topic.
I suggest that instead of just saying that everyone else is wrong, it might be better to say why you think you're right. That would be more helpful in the discussion about goods plundering - the subject of this thread.

TRy looking on the forum find my data and read it..its there ...........I think your problem her is not checking the facts ........I HAVE put data on here and it proves a point.............its disappointing that the response of Mods is to fail to read the data that as put on the forum...............not only do they fail to read it but then they produce wild unsubstantiated statements and even say that I have no data to back up mine. Its a sad situation when one takes time and effort to prepare and place data on this forum only to find that without even reading it Mods react as if you have not put it on and if it raises a point about the game it is preferable to push it out the way and try and say that it is not there.............

DeletedUser276

Total pages of players 1261 = 1261 x 10 12610 potential players

The number of players at the ………………………………Top of the World
100 ,000 + points 49 pages @10 per page = 490

The Bottom of the world
100 points and no battles won ……here there is no activity and most players here are plundered and have left the game
1261 – 1016 = 245 pages = 2450 players

Now, these players are people who came into the game and were plundered out of it by higher players .

Actually your running off of a guess. Maybe some didnt like the game style as most are into that fast paced first and 3rd person shooters. Maybe they checked the game out but it was sooooo awesome it interfered with their university studies. Maybe some were husband wife combos that ended up shattering their marriage when the husband refused to trade his ebony for her rope. Your assuming that they quit because they were plundered thats like......

I have my own sucessful business.............would not work for you guys you have such a poor attitude to your customers views !

You having your own successful business and running it off of guess work.

no its not fair its nothing short of online bullying and this game should be reported for encoraging online bullies

not really. Online bullying is attacking others on a personal basis to harm them on an emotional level with intent. So any game that has others attacking other people is a form of online bullying? Our society doesnt stand a chance ;)

You are right it is bullying and its promotion by this site is interesting .......................It is what a organisation does that people judge them by not by what they say ..................................People are not stupid ...actions speak louder than words ..............

but the people are the ones plundering... not the organization.

TRy looking on the forum find my data and read it..its there ...........I think your problem her is not checking the facts ........I HAVE put data on here and it proves a point.............its disappointing that the response of Mods is to fail to read the data that as put on the forum

This isnt you against the mods mate. There were players that are asking you for your proof. So far as I posted prior you have conjecture without market research on a hypothetical reaction done by players in a generality.

not only do they fail to read it but then they produce wild unsubstantiated statements and even say that I have no data to back up mine.

erm.... *cough*

Its a sad situation when one takes time and effort to prepare and place data on this forum only to find that without even reading it Mods react as if you have not put it on and if it raises a point about the game it is preferable to push it out the way and try and say that it is not there.............

ok so any number is evidence... lets look at that... yesterday at this time we have had 800 visits to our forums. Today by this time we have had only 350 ish. Because these numbers are so off I must say that your posts and lack of evidence and conjecture are the reason that we have lost out on around 450 views to our forums. I say we remove you from our forums because your obviously the reason why they have refused to return to view the forums.

Numbers without reason are open interpretation. Not actual fact for specific reasons unless there is text to back up the claims. Unfortunately you have proven nothing other than showing the capability to get mad and condescend to mods without actually saying anything for approximately 5 pages of forum text. Please dont be rude to the mods. They are trying to answer you but cracking comments back on the end of the world because you know better as you supposedly own a business and therefore know better than any person at innogames is a bit too far. So please stay on topic without the wise cracks. We will be all the better for it.

DeletedUser

There is a nice phrase here..Time will tell

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7719

How about a pm with a ordinary guy like me? (Either that or no mods if you try to mention it, but I have no clue if that will work). Just don't throw any insults at them, and try to be as polite as possible :D
I'm in between now of plundering (I used to fully hate the plunderers). I'm a friendly PvP'r as my profile description says:
...Hey Neighbors, if you don't have a cheap defense, *coughs* mounted-archers *coughs*, then I'll go for your LOWEST-producing structure (other than a hut and hunter)...
Since I have usually been at/near the top of my neighborhood (now I'm lower compared to before), I could never really see their point-of-view.

DeletedUser13805

no its not fair. in my eyes people who steal from you because they have stronger armys are nothing but cowards and it really is a way some get to bully people on this game and thats horriable. there are even whole guilds made up from people who do nothing else but monitor your town ready to steal your goods. and if you have waiting a whole day you lose out big time. no wonder people dont stick around with this game for 2 long. dont ever be tempted to buy diamonds is my advice untill the game developers do something about this. why not make it impossiable for anyone to steal goods only gold or supplys ? that would be my soulotion it would keep everyone happy

message to blacksmith about the online bullying side of things. there are guilds who do nothing else but monitor times to get at your goods. they are so pleased with what they do and they take it in turns to attack and steal your goods. i have 3 of the same guild members who attack me every day i have had a huge row with them but they enjoy the hurt and harm and distress it causes me. so i am 1 of many who have to try to enjoy this game yet get these morons enjoying trying to get at me. there bullys in my book and your whole attitude to this topic is so bad. what are you or the game developers going to do to stamp out people forming groups to terriorize the neighbours ? thats how they describe there guild and there mission is to steal and harrass

DeletedUser10652

defense from what

Well, this question has been raised fairly often and the best 'solution' against this would be the following:

Cheers,
Bloodwyn

P.S.: Whether it's fair or not... well that depends on the perspective. If you have a good defense, then the attacker has to pay his losses too... ;)
my town was plundered without being attacked or breached. what defense is there for that?

DeletedUser

Hey antrise,

A neighbour can only plunder you after he has attacked you and won the battle. However, afterwards he has a window of 24h during which he can return and plunder - so he does not have to take any goods/coins/supplies immediately upon winning. If he comes back later and plunders, you will get a separate notification in your "events history", so that can be why you thought that you were plundered without any attack taking place.

DeletedUser

for those who keep whining that some other player has plundered one of your building... have you tried playing travian for example?... there you will definitely not wake up in the morning to see one of your buildings plundered. however a few other things can:
- if somebody attacks you and breaches through the defense, not only that all your troops will be dead, but he will steal EVERYTHING you have - coins, supplies, etc.
- they can conquer your village entirely, you wake up and see it belonging to another player (at one point i had 65 villages out of which 64 conquered from others)
- they can destroy your village entirely, send catapults and demolish everything and you`ll have only the town center left, and maybe the walls too...

so now, do tell me how harsh reality of FOE really is :D

DeletedUser

If you remove plundering in this game, I promise you it will become boring very quickly.

People who get emotionally upset that they were attacked and lost virtual goods can only blame themselves for being so immature that they allow themselves to get angry over a computer game. The attacker, even if they are many and coordinate their plundering to routinely damage a single player, are playing within the rules and mechanics of this game and are doing nothing wrong. Trying to diminish the options of plundering or restrict it in any sort of way will remove a core part of this game and I promise you - it will make FoE incredibly boring.

It is however, a valid point to bring up for discussion the issue with the major score differences between the highest ranked player in a neighbourhood and the lowest one. Sometimes the difference in both technology and resources is so high that it is indeed next to impossible for a lower ranked neighbour to fend off attacks regardless of his/hers skill as a player. This is something that need to be looked into in greater detail. Having a difference in score should be allowed, and more active players should be rewarded for their efforts within the realm of their neighbourhood, but if they are two entire ages ahead their armies by statistics alone cannot be beaten. It is highly discouraging for a player to not be able to overcome obstacles in the game through skill - do not present a problem that is impossible to solve - by the same token it should however always be a challenge.

DeletedUser

This is the essence of the game.then we do not need army if it does not Plunder.I play anything always find someone who starts to cry.why why why attack.. :)
I mean who does not want such a game,and then starts to play SIMCITY there blooming flowers and enjoy nature,then you will not be sad.

DeletedUser8813

You are right it is bullying and its promotion by this site is interesting .......................It is what a organisation does that people judge them by not by what they say ..................................People are not stupid ...actions speak louder than words ..............

We play a virtual game ,
we attack a virtual city
we kill a virtual army
we steal virtual goods /coin/resources.
no one is hurt or abused.
so how do you relate all this virtual activity into bullying.
This is a game ,its not real

DeletedUser

We play a virtual game ,
we attack a virtual city
we kill a virtual army
we steal virtual goods /coin/resources.
no one is hurt or abused.
so how do you relate all this virtual activity into bullying.
This is a game ,its not real

I agree that this is a game and the people who agree to play it are not abused any more than people who play rugby and get injured are considered to be abused. People still get hurt though.

Your analogy struck a cord with something my exwife's lawyer said to me: She is playing a virtual game with a virtual lover in a virtual world so no one is hurt or abused. That turned out to be SO wrong.

DeletedUser13521

Let's turn this upside down a little :D I WISH people would attack me more, and try to plunder me. I rampage my entire neighborhood on a daily basis. A fair number of them are still bronze or iron age and still only have 2 spearmen defending and have not even bothered to try and upgrade for months. Plundering is my way of saying "Please, can you at least try to play the game." If it even motivates a few people to attack me back that would make my neighborhood a much more exciting place. Attacking and defending is a part of the game, and with the way the game mechanics work the only true defense against plundering ... is plundering back! So what someone took a bit of gold from your building. Go take some gold off someone else :D - Problem solved.

I agree entirely that people should not start a town and end up in a neighborhood like mine with almost everyone in Early Middle Ages or High Middle Ages ... or even higher! I don't want them in my neighborhood because it's boring, and it's pretty much guaranteed they don't want to be in it either lol :D

DeletedUser8813

I agree that this is a game and the people who agree to play it are not abused any more than people who play rugby and get injured are considered to be abused. People still get hurt though.

Your analogy struck a cord with something my exwife's lawyer said to me: She is playing a virtual game with a virtual lover in a virtual world so no one is hurt or abused. That turned out to be SO wrong.

how can you relate a game of rugby which is a contact sport to a game on a computer,you get hurt in rugby because of the physhical nature of the game,
the only contact in Foe is with your own keyboard.you are the only one that can hurt yourself unless there are abusive messages as well and that is a differant story.
and to compare my anology with something a lawyer said is like comparing chalk and cheese,they dont fit.

DeletedUser13805

ok where is the fairness in a game that lets new people not have a chance to attack back to players who are months ahead of them ? someone posted they plunder people who only have a couple of spears as a way of making them play the game. they dont seem to see that if they have been waiting for there goods say 4, 8, or a day and along comes number 1 in the neighbourhood with his 8 field guns and punders there goods. there not really going to want to play as they know they dont have a chance. in my neighbourhood were i am number 2 and have the best troops i will plunder anyone who plunders weak players and i tell my neighbours to let me know if anyone bullys them and steals there goods. i just wish i could do it in every world and knock the hell out of these so called game experts who have the strongest troops and no one can get at them. call it bullying the bullys as you can bet they dont like it

DeletedUser7719

I have started two new cities within the last time I have posted in this thread. I fought my way to the top, but got lazy and now I'm sitting around 10th in my hood. I only get 1 or 2 plunderers a week :)
On my other city, I get about 1 or 2 attackers a day, but I still don't seem to have any problems since they like my stilt houses or fruit farms on 15 min productions :confused:
I get your point though desypete. I think neighborhoods should be shuffled every week, and according to the current age you're in

DeletedUser13805

you have just hit the nail on the head byeordie, thats exactly what they should do, at the end of everyweek move the players by the age there in, at least it would give people a chance, us with the best troops would have to battle the same people with the same troops and take pot luck. wonder why the game developers didnt think about that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.