• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Goods plundering

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Let's turn this upside down a little :D I WISH people would attack me more, and try to plunder me. I rampage my entire neighborhood on a daily basis. A fair number of them are still bronze or iron age and still only have 2 spearmen defending and have not even bothered to try and upgrade for months. Plundering is my way of saying "Please, can you at least try to play the game." If it even motivates a few people to attack me back that would make my neighborhood a much more exciting place. Attacking and defending is a part of the game, and with the way the game mechanics work the only true defense against plundering ... is plundering back! So what someone took a bit of gold from your building. Go take some gold off someone else :D - Problem solved.
You have to understand that people have life/work and thus bound by various time constrains. I noticed in the chat, several people who are unemployed, obviously they can work the game far far better than someone who checks the game before and after work...

More to the point, I think that adaptation to the neighborhood system is in everyone best interest. You wish more challenge, more people who "play the game" and will give you a fight, while others wish a fighting chance... a win win situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I giggle when I get a 20 after plundering a goods building. It's a reward. Why don't you just go on your own run and take someone else's goods instead of taking a player's rewards away. I play this game 11 -12 hours a day everyday. I've put in the time. How much time do you devote to this game that you think you can convince the mods to take my rewards away? I'm tired of you 30min players crying and changing the rules for the rest of us. How is that fair? We have sat and taken everything this game has had to dish at us and we haven't complained. And we are progressing just fine. Did you ever think your problem is you refuse to play the game the way it was meant to be played. Maybe if you picked up your swords and got off your carcasses and collected some 20s of your own, you'd be a lot better off and stop crying about your own losses!

You have to understand that people have life/work and thus bound by various time constrains. I noticed in the chat, several people who are unemployed, obviously they can work the game far far better than someone who checks the game before and after work...

More to the point, I think that adaptation to the neighborhood system is in everyone best interest. You wish more challenge, more people who "play the game" and will give you a fight, while others wish a fighting chance... a win win situation.

I have school 5 days a week. Before I go to school, I set up a 4 hour collection. At night, before I go to bed, I set up an 8 hour collection. The rest of my time is one hour collections. I do other things between those one hour collections, like studying, homework, chores. Just set up for an 8 hour collection before you head to work. Set up a four hour when you get home. Do family stuff, whatever. Then set up another 8 hours before heading to bed. Some time in those 3 checks, you could cash in 24 forge points. and it took 15mins of your life max! No way you should still be BA or IA after 2 months! And looters are not going to get all your goods so you can trade. And for heaven sake, this is a wargame. Build some bleepin defense!

You guys do not know how good you have it. Call these losses? I've played many other games. Those games they spam attack you hitting you as many times they have officers. They kill your army permanently, empty your stockpile, injure your officers, and damage your buildings. Looters here just get one building's production. Your defenders live to fight another day, and your stockpiles and buildings remain intact. It's quite tame. You lose a few goods and cry like it's the end of the world! Maybe you're just not cut out for wargames. Seriously, imagine if players of PVP shooters complained they got killed and didn't bother to carry a gun. So they told the mods that other players shouldn't be allowed to kill them. This is a wargame either be a warrior or find another game! Stop trying to mess this one up!

DeletedUser

I was a bad boy today. I plundered someone's goods building and got 30 goods. It means that building was on a 2 day production and the owner was probably unable to log on. I did it because all the other available buildings had already been plundered so I had the choice to take the goods or leave without plundering. What would you do? Keep in mind that this guy may never come back, who knows. Also, if I didn't do it then someone else would so why shouldn't it be me?

DeletedUser8994

pontified, I think you miss the point pal, this is more than just a war game. I do feel sorry for you in that you can only play the game for "11 -12 hours a day everyday", it must be difficult for you. I personally dont worry about being plundered, if happen's it happen's. I do have sympathy for new players who are getting plundered by bigger and better forces than they can muster.

DeletedUser

I giggle when I get a 20 after plundering a goods building. It's a reward. Why don't you just go on your own run and take someone else's goods instead of taking a player's rewards away. I play this game 11 -12 hours a day everyday. I've put in the time. How much time do you devote to this game that you think you can convince the mods to take my rewards away? I'm tired of you 30min players crying and changing the rules for the rest of us. How is that fair? We have sat and taken everything this game has had to dish at us and we haven't complained. And we are progressing just fine. Did you ever think your problem is you refuse to play the game the way it was meant to be played. Maybe if you picked up your swords and got off your carcasses and collected some 20s of your own, you'd be a lot better off and stop crying about your own losses!
1. Wouldn't you want to play against other '11 -12 hours a day everyday' players or do you consider plundering '30min players' a challenge?
2. So far I haven't seen any plans to make changes to the rules. what exactly do suppose that would be taken away from you and why do you suppose that your unspecific rants and demagogugary here is the best avenue to address those concerns.
3. Did you ever think your problem is you refuse to play the game the way you enjoy and let other play the way they do?

DeletedUser8994

Nice one Mordin :) I think this lad would be better off on XBox live with the other school kids. Perhaps those "war games" are too difficult for him. Its always easier to pick on the little guy.

DeletedUser

I'd like to remind everyone to be nice and get along. I will have to start editing posts otherwise ;)

As for plundering, if you get through my defense, you're welcome to anything you can get your hands on :) If you can get them on anything that is.

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser9070

I'd like to remind everyone to be nice and get along. I will have to start editing posts otherwise ;)

As for plundering, if you get through my defense, you're welcome to anything you can get your hands on :) If you can get them on anything that is.

~Mutzena~

Damn, the difficulties in getting through a woman's defenses to reach for her goods, a man's worse nightmare.
Ive got my ways thou!

p.s.: ^ just jesting.

DeletedUser653

Hi guys can I thank you for my evenings entertainment reading this thread.

I would really like to thank gryphon01 for such a wonderful set of stories, very entertaining and I did rather enjoy your reply BS!

pontified - I know how you play I used to do the same in TW for 18 months, but RL will catch up one day and then the 12 hour sessions will end. But I do agree with your views.

Mutzena - out of interest what defence do you have as the only one thats any real use is the 200% from GB's. I am not aware of any non-GB defence that that can prevent a player winning the PVP and attempting to plunder.

Once tempted, once that 1st 20 goods building gives up its wares, you tend not to look back. But as I get older (or more lazier) I tend to just hit a house if the players in the bottom 10 of the group, this is my only concession to morals and one I am not proud of as it shows weakness!! (Memo to self: I must plunder the new guy who joined yesterday as I can see hes now built a stone building!!).

DeletedUser

Mutzena - out of interest what defence do you have as the only one thats any real use is the 200% from GB's. I am not aware of any non-GB defence that that can prevent a player winning the PVP and attempting to plunder.

My defense has 2 purposes: It keeps out the 95% who can't beat it or can't accept the losses from beating it. And it keeps the ones who do get through happy enough with their point gain and less likely to plunder :) For the rest, I try to grab my goods before they do. And being nice to the attackers probably helps too. Can't remember last time I was plundered apart from one 1hour house a new attacker managed to grab a few weeks back.

At the moment my "amazing" defense consists of 4 Field Guns and 4 Grenadiers, but I rotate stuff around :) + lvl 6 Deal Castle in the mix. Not special but it does what it needs to!

~Mutzena~

DeletedUser

This forum will not help .......they believe its all just part of the game and you have to put up with it

DeletedUser8994

It must be time for this argument to stop. Wallachian, you are not very helpful, go and play them other game's you keep referring to.
Hawr-nee-knight, you keep regurgitating the same old garbage,some can carry on playing (despite getting hammered by bigger bullies) some cant.
Gryphno 01 may have a good point. If players are stopping because of getting nowhere, due to being plundered, then something should be done to help.
Lodroth proposed a "newbie plundering threshold". This should be given consideration, just to give players at least one foot on the ladder.
It is time to stop this "war game vs farming" and help to generate new members who will stay with our game.
p.s. Wallachian dont slit your vains, just come up with something to help.
Your's
Mimzy

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
I have recently started playing on a different world (Arvahall) from my regular world (Fel Dranghyr) and I can understand how difficult it is to grow with all that plundering going on ... I do not mind when i get plundered in Fel Dranghyr as I have grown quite enough but in Arvahall its so frustrating ... No wonder most of my neighbors have already stopped playing the game ...I mean can u fathom whats the feel a newbie gets when more than 20 people attack and almost everybody plunders something or other from the village which hardly has 10 buildings at most... (People are plundering even huts and stilt houses too !!!!! which hardly gives anything of use to a 100k+ player) ... Its almost impossible for them to grow + its damn frustrating ... this way the game is never going to sustain new players ...Again I m saying this because I have been seeing a lot of neighbors who have just left the game without even reaching 1000 points (both in fel Dranghyr & Arvahall) ... its only going to be the oldies who have already grown ... So Innogames have to think whether they need new players or they are happy with the same old players ... My solution to this after being through it myself I think plundering should be allowed after a certain age (Maybe HMA - best option or EMA at the earliest) so that it becomes a fair game whereby the person getting attacked gets a grip of the game and if need be can try defending himself ...

DeletedUser

There are many 100,000+ players whose approach to this game is that as they were here first they must be the best. However as I have said before that approach cots this game new players who soon get board with the constant attacks. Its hard to see how one sided attacks involve ant skill ........Anyone with more power can usually defeat one of much less. There is an need for a leveling up of this system .................

It is part of the game & you do!

[Is my Granite ready yet?]

This just shows what 100,000+ are like and their mentality

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
I am a 100K+ player and against plundering myself ... I have been also attacking a lot of neighbors (in Fel Dranghyr) but till date never plundered anybody unless I have been plundered by them before ...Thats because 1 good thing about this game is that when i attack someone they actually do not lose anything (apart from maybe their ego /pride) ....but if the developers and a lot of players feel that it should be in the game as I suppose it excites a lot of players plundering a weaker neighbor then I dont think whatever we cry of it not being suitable is going to help ... rather than that maybe we should think / give some solutions to this plundering issue to the developers which would make the game suitable for all types of players....

DeletedUser

Well how about modification of the game so that the maximum number of plunders in a row is say 6 and then there is a pause time ?

Some people have suggested that you should only be able to plunder people in the same age .

There was a choice plunder , polish or support.

There have been many suggestions .............................

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
As i said in the post before the last post I think making the plundering option after a player reaches a certain age should be suitable for everybody ... Maybe after a player reaches HMA or atleast EMA the plundering option should be available for the Attacker and it should be along with the Polish / Motivate as a lot of them have suggested before so that players like me who attack only for points and dont plunder can still polish / motivate neighbors even after they have been attacked .... thats my suggestion and idea ....

Status
Not open for further replies.