• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Goods plundering

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser9815

Until F.O.E Make a proper system for Hoods, and not Hoods based on the time you started, which is madness as peeps all play at different levels of activity. This same conversation will continue. We need hoods based on your total points, and that are updated at min monthly. Then players will face off against other players of the same level.....Leaving 2 spearmen on guard, coz your leader tells you not too let the attacker gain points in a pvp is madness, and if you are asked too do this, well you deserve too be plunder'd daily!
The Clan I formed Thors Hammers, love a good fight, and we play the game as the game allows....for them that continue too bombard my members with your foul mouths, your days are at an end....Anyone now sends my members threats over plundering will just have there message forwarded too the Mods.
This is the style of game me and another 150 odd members of the Thors Hammer clans enjoy....We were able to tell this from day 1....You won't find my members crying like a bunch of cravens over being plunderd ;-)

DeletedUser

There is a plunder limit in the game already-- once every 24 hours.

Personally I still think a lot of the extra plundering is because people want blueprints. There's no real reason for someone to plunder a newbies hut otherwise. Before changing core game mechanics, I'd rather see something like letting people motivate after an attack, to see how much that would reduce plundering.

DeletedUser11375

+1 to that idea taeriyn, I have stopped plundering BA cities since I got zeus and babel built. So now I either attack with no plunder or pol/mot any BA cities in my hood.

As for the rest of this debate, empires were forged not only through war, but through soft power. See John Cleese in the life of brian and his speech "what have the romans ever done for us?..."

The point is that there are many ways to approach this game, and any approach is equally valid.

I personally think that any city with less than 4 or 5k leadership points should be excluded from the possibility of being plundered, to give them a chance to progress their city and mount a meaningful defence.

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
There is a plunder limit in the game already-- once every 24 hours.

Personally I still think a lot of the extra plundering is because people want blueprints. There's no real reason for someone to plunder a newbies hut otherwise. Before changing core game mechanics, I'd rather see something like letting people motivate after an attack, to see how much that would reduce plundering.

I dont really think it would reduce the plundering Taeryin ...Bcoz I agree as u said a lot of them do plunder for blueprints but i have seen people plundering even after they have got that age GB's ...Most of these plunderers are (I m sorry to say this) people who purchase the BP's...they have like 4/5/6 GB's all boosting their attacks and then they attack these newbies who havent even learnt about any military units.... they have high power bcoz of using diamonds for any number of GB's they want ...and they just want to show it off ...Mostly i feel its just fun for them or maybe it excites them to see someone weaker than them suffering / struggling in the game ....exploitation is the word here ... and thats what i personally feel even from the post's of some of the supporters of Plundering ....

DeletedUser

I ddevil you have a lot of the idea right........""they have like 4/5/6 GB's all boosting their attacks and then they attack these newbies who haven''t even learnt about any military units.... they have high power bcoz of using diamonds for any number of GB's they want ...and they just want to show it off .."" They show no skill or command of any thing other than having been in the game early and developed their empires in times when things were easy and people like them did not exist. ..............So then they decide that they will do what is so common in people who have acquired status without earning it .......they use it to exploit others who have less than themselves .................I can't see the skill in that at all.

DeletedUser65

I used to plunder everyone for the reason stated above-gaining blueprints. That being said i still plunder people in the iron age and up if they have a 2 spearmen defence. For me i want something out of my time spent attacking so if they have a defending army that i get battle points from, i consider that to be my payment and don't plunder, regardless their age. But if they have no defence set up and are in the IA or higher i will plunder them and consider that to be my payment. On the 3 worlds i play every person with one exception live by the same ethos .

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
I used to plunder everyone for the reason stated above-gaining blueprints. That being said i still plunder people in the iron age and up if they have a 2 spearmen defence. For me i want something out of my time spent attacking so if they have a defending army that i get battle points from, i consider that to be my payment and don't plunder, regardless their age. But if they have no defence set up and are in the IA or higher i will plunder them and consider that to be my payment. On the 3 worlds i play every person with one exception live by the same ethos .

This is what i meant ... Have u guys ever thought a person (newbie) in iron age what army can he have for defense?? does he have enough resources to build an army for defenses and also for attacking the sector fights?? Will a player in iron age think of growing through ages and getting the higher stuff quickly or think of building armies for attack and defense ??? Please educate me as I am in iron age right now in the new world and I am not yet able to build 1 damn Soldier barracks bcoz of these attacking and plundering... Nobody takes u in a guild because everybody wants a high points guild member...so nobody to help ... so where do u think the newbies stand in all these?? How can they research a basic soldier barracks when the requirement for that is 15 stone, and they r getting plundered everytime ???

P.S.: I am not talking about myself as i m already in a very good guild in the new world too...and they r always there to help whnever i get plundered ...

Last edited:

DeletedUser65

2 spearfighter barracks = full defence. It may not be much but for me at least its shows the defender is willing to play ball and thus keeps there supplies.

Praeceptor

Lieutenant Colonel
I plunder who I want, when I want. That's the game.

I know this has been said many times but if you don't want to be plundered, don't leave goods lying around. Simple.

DeletedUser

2 spearfighter barracks = full defence. It may not be much but for me at least its shows the defender is willing to play ball and thus keeps there supplies.

Much that , that might show that the defender is willing to play ball I think we owe the beginner a little more than just a white flag to wave !!!

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer

@Farmerlych, I dont think u read my post completely ... wheres the space buddy?? if i build 2 spearfighters jus for defense I lose 52 population for it ...then i will be needing a few more army units like slingers, throwers etc etc for attacking purpose too to win the sector fights ... I need to build additional houses for that ... I have to create additional decorations to keep them happy ... LOL... it goes on buddy and in spite of all this i will still get plundered bcoz someone else mite be having different thoughts than what u or every person with same ethos on the 3 worlds u play will be having ... so ultimately after doing everything I am still a loser in the end ... I = newbie ....So u think a newbie who has reached till iron age will think of continuing the game after all this??

DeletedUser

@Farmerlych, I dont think u read my post completely ... wheres the space buddy?? if i build 2 spearfighters jus for defense I lose 52 population for it ...then i will be needing a few more army units like slingers, throwers etc etc for attacking purpose too to win the sector fights ... I need to build additional houses for that ... I have to create additional decorations to keep them happy ... LOL... it goes on buddy and in spite of all this i will still get plundered bcoz someone else mite be having different thoughts than what u or every person with same ethos on the 3 worlds u play will be having ... so ultimately after doing everything I am still a loser in the end ... I = newbie ....So u think a newbie who has reached till iron age will think of continuing the game after all this??

What you say is true fact and it leads to dead worlds because new people can't survive .....that is bad for the game and produces a poor image for the game.

DeletedUser4906

I plunder who I want, when I want. That's the game.

I know this has been said many times but if you don't want to be plundered, don't leave goods lying around. Simple.

Well said Praeceptor, i used to get plundered but now i hunt the hunter, have'nt been plundered in a long time!

If anyone does'nt like it then stick to reading the Beano.......

ddevil

Chief Warrant Officer
What you say is true fact and it leads to dead worlds because new people can't survive .....that is bad for the game and produces a poor image for the game.

I am saying out of my own experience buddy .....out of a total 77 neighbors in my new world i can already see more than 10 have stopped playing ...this after it got merged recently after i joined which is about 1 week back.... lol.... I also see that in my regular world ...more than 10 i dont see any activity in their town anymore...as such i have only around 45 neighbors and in that these 10+ are lifeless... thats y I think the company is advertising now and they r having contests to get in more new players for the game but i dont think even if they join they will be able to sustain for long with the current way of the game ...

DeletedUser

Well said Praeceptor, i used to get plundered but now i hunt the hunter, have'nt been plundered in a long time!

If anyone does'nt like it then stick to reading the Beano.......

This is the voice of one who finds unfair tactics the order of the day.....In the game early and that is the only talent . A player who has a large total can easily plunder and take from others because the fight is not a fair one but when the field is evened out this kind of player will be much less able to win by luck and fortune of circumstances .....

DeletedUser9815

There are no unfair tactics, lol...this is earth, when has anything been fair, lol....as I have said before, F.O.E need too change the hood system.....all these 2 spear defence's break my head, lol...I want a hood of equal standing, and then we shall have some fun! ;-)

DeletedUser

There are no unfair tactics, lol...this is earth, when has anything been fair, lol....as I have said before, F.O.E need too change the hood system.....all these 2 spear defence's break my head, lol...I want a hood of equal standing, and then we shall have some fun! ;-)

Isn´t that what Richard Nixon said during his rule = I guess that is the person that would get your vote for US president =

DeletedUser4906

This is the voice of one who finds unfair tactics the order of the day.....In the game early and that is the only talent . A player who has a large total can easily plunder and take from others because the fight is not a fair one but when the field is evened out this kind of player will be much less able to win by luck and fortune of circumstances .....

I joined at the same time as you gryff, maybe i'm just a better player who fights back & takes action instead of writing waffle for waffle's sake.......Peace of cake!

DeletedUser

As I pointed out before all you have done... is being in the game earlier .....that as has been debated here is no form of skill its just an accident of time. Couple that with the inability to demonstrate any form of skill just luck of being there before someone else does not add up to anything. I think you have something the wrong way round........going out to attack day after day and plundering coupled with the arrogant and often self defeating arguments you use to defend your actions.......I was plundered therefore I plunder others .....tell me a Father used violence to discipline a child is that an excuse to use it on your children ... Who exactly has attacked and plundered you .....A 150,000~plus player whose actions are to promote others in your guild to attack and plunder others and one whose Guild is commanded to cause hell where ever it can ........Now that is a different side the the innocent face you try to use above.

Oh and gryff who is that if you look closely you will see G r y p h o n !

Status
Not open for further replies.