• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Good Tips's

DESYPETE

Lieutenant
quit before you build up a city and then find everything gets changed its so disheartening. remember the game devs change anything and everything at the drop of a hat so do not spend money on building up a city only to find you wasted it

Agent327

Overlord
what's a good tip for someone that's just beginning to play this game.
Take your time. Don't rush. Try to keep the balance between the age you are in, the quests you have to do and the continent map. Actively participate in Events, cause that is where you get the better rewards.

joesoap

Major-General
new roads & houses can be built on the top of old ones (if they are the same size) so no need to sell the old 1s first

GADfan

Warrant Officer
Find an active Guild. A good Guild will be the difference between success and failure
Have to respectfully disagree with this :)
I've played for several years, never been in a Guild and have successful cities.
All my own work, at my own pace and a sense of having achieved something.

Ariana Erosaire

Chief Warrant Officer
For the vast majority being in a guild is helpful
True, although less so than in the past. It used to be absolutely essential to be in a big, active guild; now, not so much really! I was just musing the other day that a lot of the game changes in the last year have wiped out most of the reason for guilds, too.

Guilds (as well as other aspects) have been severely undermined by the dramatic changes of the game in 2023, here's my list:
  1. Motivate / Polish - this used to be essential to have 70-80 active aiding guild members, as well as your friends, but now that most people have way more buildings than their guilds or friends could possibly aid, this need has been replaced by nutcrackers and various trees and batsy's bar, etc. released in the last year which manufacture self-aid and mass self-aid kits. You can take care of aiding yourself, in fact, you must aid yourself!
  2. Free trades within the guild - this used to be a big deal, you didn't want to have to pay 1 FP for every trade with friends and neighbors, and getting free trades inside your guild was big help. It isn't any more and hasn't been for a while, it's too easy to get your hands on vast quantities of forge points. I deleted Cape Canaveral making 70 forge points per day and don't miss it, so I surely don't mind paying 1 FP for trades outside of a guild.
  3. Goods Trades - it used to be important to have others in your guild near your age who had different boosts in order to trade for the goods that you can't make as boosted. When's the last time you heard anyone ask, who can make gas, or tinplate, or has the boost for whatever? Maybe 5 years ago, because we are getting a plethora of goods of all the types from Event buildings and winning tons of them in GBG, GE and Events. It doesn't really matter which boosts you unlocked in each age, you end up with a fairly even split of all the goods from your age, and gone is another "you need other players" aspect of the game. The only trades I hear in my guild are people wanting higher age goods for some GB, that's all that's left.
  4. Active 1.9 and FP help from guild - again, related to the devaluing of forge points and how easy it is to get your hands on lots of them, and the fact almost everyone has a level 80 Arc and most likely level 100 or higher, it's not hard to find people who can contribute to your GBs. If you're making 2000 or more FP per day from your own city, maybe you don't even need contributions. Some of my Aegean Event buildings pay out 80-100 FPS per day and that's before I double them with Blue Galaxy.
  5. GvG ending - after that's gone there won't really be a need to have lots of bodies around to make troops of all ages, goods of all ages, or who can show up to do their part to fight for the guild. Sure, there is still GBG, but ummm, we all know the differences and shortcomings of that compared to the kind of self-determination and strategy of who, when and where to fight in GvG, that kept players both in the game, and in their guilds.
So yeah... why do we need guilds now? hmm. For extra FPS from town hall, army recruitment bonus, and building discounts? Uhh no one needs the extra FPS, recruitment bonus only applies to barracks in your town and Alcatraz, so not if you get your troops from Cider gardens, Winter pyramid, panda reserve, governors villa, sunflower oil press, donkey enclosure - shall I go on? lol. And the buildings discount wow, because what everyone needs is to save a few coins supplies costs building from the standard build menu, which they only do to place and immediately sell houses and production buildings for quests.

GE is practically a solo affair anyway, just with a group outcome at the end. By all accounts Quantum incursions will be about the same as GE plus a settlement attached. So that leaves GBG with all its flaws and problems... the bad leagues... the repetitive 24/7 nature of it... Joy.

I got nothing for why we still need guilds. Go ahead and disband them, you can market this as a solo phone game. Which is clearly what they'd prefer to do. And I'm saying all this as someone who has been the founder of a guild since 2014. Yippee! We still have fun in my guild, but it's in spite of the changes to the game, not because of it.

Emberguard

Legend
So yeah... why do we need guilds now? hmm. For extra FPS from town hall, army recruitment bonus, and building discounts?

Well it still gives you contacts to learn from, and if you're heavy into Guild Battlegrounds there's the rewards from that

As a "vet" yeah, I could play solo. But if I were starting as a new player it's always handy to have a network of players you can ask questions to

Nidwin

Sergeant
if you're heavy into Guild Battlegrounds there's the rewards from that
If you truly think you'll become heavily interested in GbG it may actually be better now to start solo and build up your city towards GbG. The issue is to find a guild that will suites your GbG needs/gameplay while still being efficient and not getting frustrated. One of the most fun aspects of FoE for me was actually growing up, solo, in GbG and going from a terribad copper noob up to a low plat still terrible badie now.

Nidwin

Sergeant
So yeah... why do we need guilds now?
Solo play, loner, is still harsh and not suited for most players that aren't simply public transportation FoE casual players. As a solo player some parts of the game will simply go much slower than for people joining a well populated active guild.

While you are correct that the second part of 2023 events has changed a lot of the past gameplay meta you still need a good amount of those buildings and your city needs to have reached a certain level of maturity to profit from this change. For new players, not natural loners, being in an active guild is still the best option.

Nidwin

Sergeant
what's a good tip for someone that's just beginning to play this game.
Patience and trying out everything to see what you like and dislike so you can build your city towards the aspects of the game you truly have fun with. Don't burn yourself out on the Arc. The Arc is still one of the best great buildings but it shouldn't become an obsession and a reason to hate the game.