• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Ghosting

DeletedUser5180

They are indeed making moves following the request for feedback recently, and some changes will likely be made in the coming months, however these types of changes do not occur rapidly. I would hope to see some changes in the first quarter of 2015 however there is nothing fixed I can tell you at this point in time, I'm afraid.

thats good to know mate @ Starzaan

would it be possible for a mini announcement thread (locked so only yourself can post) where you could keep us updated after your weekly meets with whats in the pipeline.?

DeletedUser99588

They are indeed making moves following the request for feedback recently, and some changes will likely be made in the coming months, however these types of changes do not occur rapidly. I would hope to see some changes in the first quarter of 2015 however there is nothing fixed I can tell you at this point in time, I'm afraid.

Lol, now I'm really concerned because every attempt so far has caused more damage to the game than good.

DeletedUser15526

what about a world wars between worlds, now wouldn that be a fun way to mess things up. :p

DeletedUser97349

thats good to know mate @ Starzaan

would it be possible for a mini announcement thread (locked so only yourself can post) where you could keep us updated after your weekly meets with whats in the pipeline.?

We can have a look at setting something like that up. Realistically we're unlikely to hear much about this now until there are some more solid changes decided, at present any alterations are still very much in the design phase.

DeletedUser5180

We can have a look at setting something like that up. Realistically we're unlikely to hear much about this now until there are some more solid changes decided, at present any alterations are still very much in the design phase.

i think anything that shows the devs are actually listening to us and willing to communicate (either direct or through yourself) can only be a good thing

DeletedUser6065

i think anything that shows the devs are actually listening to us and willing to communicate (either direct or through yourself) can only be a good thing

Having a hard time with this concept. The mods are active ghosters themselves. Can cannibals adequately speak for those who make them fat?

. . . . mk

DeletedUser7719

Having a hard time with this concept. The mods are active ghosters themselves. Can cannibals adequately speak for those who make them fat?

. . . . mk
Hmm... mods get a say on what the devs do? (Anymore than a normal player that is). Also, it sounds like you're accusing a lot of mods, or is it only a few that you know?

DeletedUser96867

Lol, now I'm really concerned because every attempt so far has caused more damage to the game than good.

If the devs would actually have a conversation with players about their intended changes and what they are trying accomplish many of the problems could be identified and ironed out before the coding is done. Instead they seem to try to fix things on their own, without clearly understanding what the actual problems is. The solution they seems to come up with more often or not is worse than the disease and we are left waiting another year to fix the problems created by their 'solution'. One would thing eventually they'll learn from their mistakes!

At least we have FINALLY got a clear answer on whether ghosting is a intended aspect of the game, too bad it took an entire year to get that answer.

DeletedUser99588

Hmm... mods get a say on what the devs do? (Anymore than a normal player that is). Also, it sounds like you're accusing a lot of mods, or is it only a few that you know?

I think the point is that mods are part of an overall team that does control feedback to the developers although not directly themselves. How closely the moderator team and CM's etc. work I obviously don't know but it will always raise speculation that they might be pushing ideas that suit their particular game play style.

Personally I don't believe the CM/Mod team have been pushing to keep ghosting but I think they may have pushed ideas do deter it that have had an overall negative effect on GvG. I don't just mean recent changes either but ones that were brought in before many of the current CM/Mod team were in their current positions. I'm fairly certain that some changes that the developers have made have been argued against by the CM/Mod team but it hasn't made a difference and they have been introduced anyway.

The bottom line is the developers will ultimately do whatever suits them.

DeletedUser99438

same thing with us now, 3rd guild in houndsmoor released nearly all the PME sectors trying to attack us

they don't care about the lost power, it's all about helping the number 1 guild

lol This gets better

Give the guild some credit, they have their own agenda, as OVERTYPE has already said.

DeletedUser6065

Would you like the snapshots?

. . . . mk

DeletedUser7719

Would you like the snapshots?
I never said I didn't believe that there weren't mods that may ghost ;) I'm just saying by the wording of that reply, it sounded like you're accusing a lot of mods. (If there are a lot of mods that ghost, feel free to send me the screenshots of all of them since that's what I don't believe)

DeletedUser5180

so we know ghosting was not intended BUT until steps are taken to stop it by the devs then it is a case of ghosts are simply using the game system to their advantage, so whether they are just players or mods also its not against the rules so it really is a pointless argument.

(and i'm totally against ghosting btw, in case anyone thinks i'm defending any mods that do ghost)

DeletedUser2989

I'm against ghosting, so personally I refuse to engage in the action. However I won't go as far as isolating myself from those that do/have. Issues such as this have a tendency to change as each update comes out so I don't like burning bridges over actions that may become impossible to take in the future. :)

So I'm against ghosting, I support ideas to reduce/remove it but I accept that for now it can happen.

DeletedUser5180

I'm against ghosting, so personally I refuse to engage in the action. However I won't go as far as isolating myself from those that do/have. Issues such as this have a tendency to change as each update comes out so I don't like burning bridges over actions that may become impossible to take in the future. :)

So I'm against ghosting, I support ideas to reduce/remove it but I accept that for now it can happen.

its the only way to look at it

DeletedUser12778

Well i do dislike ghosting, but when you can't beat them you have to join them, i was trying to help my guild on gvg defending sectors attacking donating goods but we were ghosted everyday, but diamond users so one player alone, was making us waste 1000 goods a day even if you defend well, since we can't be online 24h we add to release all sectors add do the same thing that way we could secure a few sectors a day with no goods cost (atomium and observatory goods are enough), stopped wasting goods on unlock defense costs, and made a lot of battle points a day with less unit loss than normal pvp( since you can find players with huge amounts of defense bonus), but usually i only go for badly defended sectors to minimize the units loss, but now since you have a limit in the number of units you can have you can trow troops at well defended sectors if you want because there is no point in saving them, also if you want medals you need at least a few gvg battles to secure first place since the NH alone isn't probably enough

I'm not saying that i'm against it being removed I'm just saying that the way the game is being designed can favor you if you do it in some cases

DeletedUser105544

Well i do dislike ghosting, but when you can't beat them you have to join them, i was trying to help my guild on gvg defending sectors attacking donating goods but we were ghosted everyday, but diamond users so one player alone, was making us waste 1000 goods a day even if you defend well, since we can't be online 24h we add to release all sectors add do the same thing that way we could secure a few sectors a day with no goods cost (atomium and observatory goods are enough), stopped wasting goods on unlock defense costs, and made a lot of battle points a day with less unit loss than normal pvp( since you can find players with huge amounts of defense bonus), but usually i only go for badly defended sectors to minimize the units loss, but now since you have a limit in the number of units you can have you can trow troops at well defended sectors if you want because there is no point in saving them, also if you want medals you need at least a few gvg battles to secure first place since the NH alone isn't probably enough

I'm not saying that i'm against it being removed I'm just saying that the way the game is being designed can favor you if you do it in some cases

Agree 100%

My guild never used ghost strategy (using some ghost guild to support your main guild in GvG by attack enemy, soften defenses, spearheading attacks, or just cracking opponent guilds by causing them a lot of damage). Never used ghosts, I repeat. Guild policy is - our guys have only one guild, basic guild, and do your best with it.

But, when face guild sisterhood which is consisted of 10-15 guilds + their ghosts, you have no much chance in GvG.

This is the point where the fair-fight in GvG has died.

So my friend, if you face this kind of situation, my advice is to form a ghost guild and fight back in the same manner, hit them where it hurts and hit them hard. Find the era where your opponent holds 30 sectors, hit him hard and take him 2-3 hex and than just go. This is a lot of damage at low costs of sieges. Repeat it 10-15 times at different ages. At some point, they will figure out that it is much better to leave you alone. ;)

DeletedUser5180

my advice is to form a ghost guild and fight back in the same manner, hit them where it hurts and hit them hard. Find the era where your opponent holds 30 sectors, hit him hard and take him 2-3 hex and than just go. This is a lot of damage at low costs of sieges. Repeat it 10-15 times at different ages. At some point, they will figure out that it is much better to leave you alone. ;)

this strategy will become a regular occurence soon, believe me

what is it they say.? oh yes..........

an eye for an eye