• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Ghosting

DeletedUser99445

<sarcasm> lol, surely ghost guilds do not exist any more after all the great changes Innogames have made to stop it <sarcasm>

Seriously though they have been told so many times when they introduce a change which spoils other parts of the game that it won't work and here we have it after there ridiculous changes in 1.36 we still have ghost guilds alive and kicking.

Truly pathetic from Innogames and I'm fed up of the CoM team supporting/defending these decisions. What it boils down to is they are not really that bothered about ghost guilds but use it as an excuse to mess about with other elements of the game :mad:

Its called hidden agenda's and Mis Direction.

DeletedUser5180

<sarcasm> lol, surely ghost guilds do not exist any more after all the great changes Innogames have made to stop it <sarcasm>

Seriously though they have been told so many times when they introduce a change which spoils other parts of the game that it won't work and here we have it after there ridiculous changes in 1.36 we still have ghost guilds alive and kicking.

Truly pathetic from Innogames and I'm fed up of the CoM team supporting/defending these decisions. What it boils down to is they are not really that bothered about ghost guilds but use it as an excuse to mess about with other elements of the game :mad:

I've always had the impression (and stated here previously) that GvG is working the way INNO wants it to.... ie ghost / demo guilds is intended to be part of the gameplay, if not it would have been addressed by now

The only possible reason I can see for this is diamond sales. Guild A lose a sector to a GG, they don't have the goods to take it back, it's a high power sector so they buy diamonds to get the goods to reclaim it.

If anyone has any other ideas of why INNO are happy for ghost / demo guilds to exist then let's hear them?

DeletedUser1081

I've always had the impression (and stated here previously) that GvG is working the way INNO wants it to.... ie ghost / demo guilds is intended to be part of the gameplay, if not it would have been addressed by now

The only possible reason I can see for this is diamond sales. Guild A lose a sector to a GG, they don't have the goods to take it back, it's a high power sector so they buy diamonds to get the goods to reclaim it.

If anyone has any other ideas of why INNO are happy for ghost / demo guilds to exist then let's hear them?

I too thought ghost/demolition guilds must be part of what Inno wants, but Starzaan has said that they weren't intended. I asked for an explanation here: http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/...r-Episode-Feedback-thread&p=156941#post156941 but I don't know if anyone from the staff will bother to respond.

DeletedUser10694

Gets better. It's bad enough 1 ghost guild dropping by us and taking 3 of our 4 CE sectors, now another has just turned up @ 61,45 in CE - Griefentel with a 1 person 4 million points player in it.

DeletedUser10694

I notice also on top of that, that the ghost guild that took an ME sector of us which we now have back has also landed in CE 57,39 and took one there next to the guild he came from.

DeletedUser96844

I have always stated from the beginning of GvG that the goods needed should be capped to a maximum level..

somewhere between 200 - 500 of each goods.. better close to 200 goods mark in my view..
that way guilds that have large number of sectors can carry on attacking without busting the treasury..
it would also cut back on large guilds getting single players (or small groups) to start ghost guilds for ease of goods costs..

GvG would be more lively as battles would be fought more often instead of waiting to accumulate the large amounts of goods needed.
Sectors would change hands more often and people would be more inclined to fight back for sectors lost than have a moan in forum.

it may not suit everyone, but then what does?

DeletedUser99445

I have always stated from the beginning of GvG that the goods needed should be capped to a maximum level..

somewhere between 200 - 500 of each goods.. better close to 200 goods mark in my view..
that way guilds that have large number of sectors can carry on attacking without busting the treasury..
it would also cut back on large guilds getting single players (or small groups) to start ghost guilds for ease of goods costs..

GvG would be more lively as battles would be fought more often instead of waiting to accumulate the large amounts of goods needed.
Sectors would change hands more often and people would be more inclined to fight back for sectors lost than have a moan in forum.

it may not suit everyone, but then what does?

Format it as an idea in the ideas section and maybe it will become a "Scorching" idea and the mods can offer it to the developers.

DeletedUser96844

Format it as an idea in the ideas section and maybe it will become a "Scorching" idea and the mods can offer it to the developers.

it was previously posted in ideas section by me a while back and got shot down in flames... is that the 'scorching' you are thinking of Gate?.... lol

also... if single player guilds have the goods to siege more sectors with a max cap.. it would suit them too... rather than have to give up sectors to keep cost low..

DeletedUser99445

it was previously posted in ideas section by me a while back and got shot down in flames... is that the 'scorching' you are thinking of Gate?.... lol

also... if single player guilds have the goods to siege more sectors with a max cap.. it would suit them too... rather than have to give up sectors to keep cost low..

LOL No it wasn't the scorching I was thinking of LOL
There are some who don't want the costs to come down as they have large guilds with many farming players. They just want the ghosting to stop.
You are up against it here and I wish you luck. I will happily support anything that brings back more life to GvG. I am totally against these efforts to turn GvG into a Big Guild ONLY Sport!

DeletedUser13082

Costs on that thread are too high so no support from me.

It's quite clearly stated that the costs given are merely an example and would still be debatable to find the most suitable costs for each sector value.

Please note that the numbers suggested for siege costs are simply for examples and not to be taken literally. The exact goods cost for placing sieges with this idea is open for debate.

If you have numbers in mind which you think would work well with the idea given then feel free to post in the thread and let us know :)

DeletedUser5180

This has been said over and over as an easy solution to GG but has been ignored completely by the devs who would rather introduce other changes which never solve the problem.

DeletedUser105303

I'm a new player, but something seems pretty obvious to me, which would stop GG's from taking sectors that will damage other guilds by their actions: Pre-emptive strike?

Is this blatantly obvious or more complicated than that? If one person can form a GG and take a sector and 'spoil' the game play, why can't a Guild under threat of this, full of players take the sector themselves?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser99588

Is this blatantly obvious or more complicated than that? If one person can form a GG and take a sector and 'spoil' the game play, why can't a Guild under threat of this, full of players take the sector themselves?

To answer your question, yes it is more complicated than that :)