• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

Ghosting

DeletedUser10694

I'm still disappointed that the 'potentially' game breaking issue of ghost guilds hasn't been resolved. One has been created in Griefentel and has recently taken an ME sector at 51,20 top right. The one person in it is from one of the top 4 guilds who I am sure will make out he is going it alone. The fact it is taken between us and a guild we are having some issues with, so acts as a buffer is very coincidental.

I don't understand what is hard about preventing guilds with 3 or less people in it, or 1 person only, from taking part in GvG at all. Or failing that, maximise the amount of defence that can be added to 4 slots only with no bonus's to discourage such activity.

DeletedUser3315

I play as a lone player in Cirgard and have my guild of one so the power from GVG and HOF is not going to waste. Why should i be limited in the parts of the game i can take part in and my participation of GVG if i have the troops and resources to compete or be treated any differently to a guild with more members?

DeletedUser99588

Guild definition: an association of people for mutual aid or the pursuit of a common goal.

That would suggest there should be more than one but this is just a game so I agree RitzyD why shouldn't you be allowed to play GvG on your own.

DeletedUser10694

That would suggest there should be more than one but this is just a game so I agree RitzyD why shouldn't you be allowed to play GvG on your own.

As your little logo says, "an association of people makes a guild.", not one person. The benefit received for one person in a guild is so small it pales into insignificance compared to those who use them to "potentially" damage other guilds enjoyment of a fare GvG arena. So spoiling your so called enjoyment of the game in that area is a reasonable & very small sacrifice in my opinion. And not many one person guilds exist for the purposes you use your guild for.

To accomodate people in one person guilds who suggest they play to assist there power, FoE should provide a separate continent for you, so you can all play on that one, enjoy the same benefits, but not play in multi player guilds arenas.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Misty Genesis, I do not understand your objection to 1 person guilds. You say that they "potentially" can damage other guilds ( of more than 1 person ) enjoyment of a "fair" GVG arena.

You seem to be saying a 1 person guild should not exist, what about a 2 , 3, 4 etc person guild. Where do you draw the line.

As to a "fair" GvG arena, there is no such thing as "fair", is a guild of 100 persons attacking a guild of 10 persons "fair".

Are you saying a 1 person guild beating a bigger guild is not "fair", therefore they should not exist.

Just to let you know, I do not ( and will not ) belong to a guild, therefore do not play GvG, but I am relating to PvP's, where players with tanks, attack players with crossbows ( it has happened to me ). Is that "fair".

I could go on, but I will let others have their say.

DeletedUser653

Misty, it would be nice for some players to have separate world, same as we have asked for a non-purchase diamond world but its not going to happen and if a player wants to fight on his own he can.
But remember hes always going to be off line for 8 hours or so and unlike TW hes unlikely to get a phone call at 4am warning of an attack and jump out of bed, so find the sleep period and then take him out.

DeletedUser5180

As to a "fair" GvG arena, there is no such thing as "fair", is a guild of 100 persons attacking a guild of 10 persons "fair".

max guild size is 80 members, also a full guild does not mean all 80 members will take part in gvg and out of those that do, not all will fight in the same age / era. A small amount of well co-ordinated players is all thats needed

DeletedUser

akbhoy,

Thanks for the information, is 80 just for GvG or is that for any guild ( ones that do not GvG ).

Also Misty's comment about the 1 person guild being from 1 of 4 top guilds is confusing, I think suggesting that he/she is taking suppiles from the other guild.

Are players allowed to be in more than 1 guild when in GvG or even normal guilds.

DeletedUser2989

akbhoy,

Thanks for the information, is 80 just for GvG or is that for any guild ( ones that do not GvG ).

Also Misty's comment about the 1 person guild being from 1 of 4 top guilds is confusing, I think suggesting that he/she is taking suppiles from the other guild.

Are players allowed to be in more than 1 guild when in GvG or even normal guilds.

80 is the limit for all guilds no matter what they participate in.

Misty's comment was saying that the person that has formed their 1 person guild used to be in one of the top 4 guilds. This coupled with that persons actions on the map make Misty suspicious of why that 1 person guild exists (did the person get booted but still wants to GvG or are they working with their old guild and he/she plans to return once the damage is done to their rivals).

DeletedUser

Tankovy,

Thanks for the reply, as I said in a previous post that I am not a Guild member and therefore did not fully understand the ins and outs of the post.

Could you indicate how a 1 player guild could win a battle over a multi player guild. Is it like PvP, meaning the poorly programmed AI runs the defensive forces.

DeletedUser1081

Could you indicate how a 1 player guild could win a battle over a multi player guild. Is it like PvP, meaning the poorly programmed AI runs the defensive forces.

Yes, it's the same AI as in PvP.
There's an "official guide to GvG" you could read to learn the ins and outs you're (apparently) interested in, if you root around a bit in the "guides' section of the forum.

DeletedUser

Words words words. What is this, Forge of Diplomacy and Whining? Inno should change the title on the website.

It's GvG, it's a war, go fight it. If someone does something you don't like lay a siege and take their sectors. If you cannot do that, then they are better than you and deserve the benefits they have earned.

DeletedUser5180

Tankovy,

Thanks for the reply, as I said in a previous post that I am not a Guild member and therefore did not fully understand the ins and outs of the post.

A one player guild will set a siege giving them 10 armies, if they lose a battle they lose an army, they can reseige any time (if they have the required goods) which means they return to having 10 armies. The guild who own the sector can attack the siege at any time, and winning a battle reduces the seigers army by one each time. It's all about timing, a single player timing it right can take down a fully defended sector (80 armies) easily enough with enough troops (or diamonds to heal them) if there is no-one around to defend the sector.

DeletedUser653

Its far worse than that if a attacking player has unlimited goods and troops (and many in top guilds have thousands of goods and troops) its almost impossible to stop a siege, you can attack the siege but if they keep replacing siege quickly and before it runs out its almost impossible to snipe the siege, you can defeat the siege 50 times and still lose the sector.

DeletedUser2989

Words words words. What is this, Forge of Diplomacy and Whining? Inno should change the title on the website.

It's GvG, it's a war, go fight it. If someone does something you don't like lay a siege and take their sectors. If you cannot do that, then they are better than you and deserve the benefits they have earned.

I see a large flaw in the idea "if you can't siege them back then they are better than you". Currently siege costs depend on how much you own, the more you own (and theoretically the better you are doing) then the less likely you'll be able to siege them back. Thus the issue is more than 1 side is better than the other.

DeletedUser

Could someone please answer this question.

I assume in multi person guilds, someone is designated to actually do the fighting, and assume like PvP you get battle points only if you win. Who gets the points, 1) everyone with the full amount of batttle points 2) everyone with a share of the points 3) the fighter with all the points 4) none of the 1st 3

I know that I was advised to read the guide, I am not going to read a guide for just a few bits of info, lazy maybe.

You can just answer 1 to 4 , but if you want to add anything thats up to you.

DeletedUser9168

A "simplified" explanation of GvG

As many members of the guild who wish to participate join in the fighting once the siege has been laid. they each get battle points for the battles they win (the same as they would if they won a PvP battle against a neighbour). It can take up to 80 successful battles to win the hex - so there are plenty of battles for everyone to do and earn points from.
Fighters do not require "trusted" rights - only the person laying the siege, who, in effect, coordinates the attack.
Each individual battle is very similar to a pvp battle or a battle on the campaign map. one guild member vs 8 enemy troops controlled by the AI. All 8 units in the army must be of the same age/era as the GvG level being fought on - no mixed armies like you can field in PvP battles.

Success in GvG results in your guild achieving higher and higher levels, which in turn provide benefits for ALL the members of the guild, whether they participate in GvG fighting or not. These benefits include lower construction costs, reduced troop training and healing times, and extra daily FPs from your Town Hall.

DeletedUser

Thank for the quick and simplified answer.

I may not understand all you said, I probably need the dummies guide answer,
but you gave me enough to put another tick in the "Leave This Game" column.

barclays

DeletedUser10694

Tankovy,

What it means is 1 person can leave a big guild, make there own guild, then at a tiny cost of 5 each goods, take land from a bigger guild whose cost can be 1000 each goods for next piece of land. They take many pieces of land from us, which has cost us a lot of goods and virtually no cost to them, so kill GvG for a bigger guild, then the bigger guild takes that land back from ghost guild over time unopposed.

That's why it it potentially game breaking. As for one person guilds, or guilds of 4 or less, basically yes, prevent you from taking part in GvG in the normal GvG arena. If you don't want GvG or just play for a bit of power, do it some where else, not at our expense. That's a critism of FoE, not you. They should provide a set of continents for 1 to 4 people guilds as an illustration.

Another ghost guild has now been created in the same world, and has just taken 3 sections of CE land from us at 61,44//60,43 & 60,44. And your trying to tell me that's good?

I can understand why those guilds who spend money get mad at such tactics. I wouldn't spend a diamond on winning land until FoE fixed this fundamental flaw.

DeletedUser99588

<sarcasm> lol, surely ghost guilds do not exist any more after all the great changes Innogames have made to stop it <sarcasm>

Seriously though they have been told so many times when they introduce a change which spoils other parts of the game that it won't work and here we have it after there ridiculous changes in 1.36 we still have ghost guilds alive and kicking.

Truly pathetic from Innogames and I'm fed up of the CoM team supporting/defending these decisions. What it boils down to is they are not really that bothered about ghost guilds but use it as an excuse to mess about with other elements of the game :mad: