• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GB Points Unbalanced

DeletedUser15501

You definitely are not to smart to say stupid think like that :)
Look at GvG map and you will see me every day, IW is only guild that kicking around map, we like HQs most :)
Im sick of accusations like that, i am in true fighting guild fighting more than 100 GvG battles daily, so shut your dirty mouth and try to do same, you maybe get top 30 sometime :)
And regard your fights, pffffft, yeah right you fight a lot, you are true fighter.
Anyway, who cares about this, soon it all be like before and like it should be :)
:)

Look who has the dirty mouth here, it wasn't me. Yeah you are in a true fighting guild and I'm not, sure. You are the best. You are probably ghosting all over the map to get that many GvG battles daily, guilds that actually try to hold on to their land and ranking can't fight that many battles daily. I fight as much and often as I can and I'm in one of the top guilds of Fel D. I'm not worried about my own ranking, but maybe you should be because you don't know how much goods spending is going to affect the rankings.

DeletedUser7396

I spend lot of goods :)
I produce even more :)
I fight a lot :)
And my Traz is very high lvl :)
So i dont care, what is important is that this nonsense with points finally ends !!!

PS: arc maybe gives lot of goods ( when and if reach lvl 100 ), but fighting hood every day, only by plundering its posible to gain 200-300 easy goods :)
plus 300 goods from production buildings :)
Thats 500-600pcs for treasory cause when this nonsense stops i will not buy huge ammount of FPsfor goods :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser104843

but fighting hood every day, only by plundering its posible to gain 200-300 easy goods

Actually its possible , given the right hood, to get up to 1580( 79 players x 20 goods per plunder) goods daily :)

So i dont care, what is important is that this nonsense with points finally ends

That's a hell of an assumption there dude.
All we can tell from the current info is there are going to be massive changes to the points system and while its looks like the only players in the top rankings will be fighters (which is unfair to thousands of other players considering this game was designed to be a Building game) we cannot be 100% sure of that.
As has been pointed out on other threads ( Beta threads have tons of info on this ) nothing has been set in stone yet and the upcoming system is still undergoing changes. It may well be that massive goods production and donations give the most points of all or for all we know the GB's points may not be cut as extremely as they are now saying.
I have seen even pure fighters say a level 70 Traz only giving 1.2 million points is a huge slap in the face to GB builders. It can take a year to get a GB that high and yet a fighter can get the same points in a few weeks if he is active enough.

So no I don't agree this problem will end, in fact I think it will have only just begun :)

Ps. too those who keep saying that Fighters SHOULD be the only ones in the top ranks because they do a lot more to get their points I think you should try being a Builder for a while. It takes a huge amount of time and effort to raise multiple Gb's, organise and perform the large number of FP's swaps and keep up with the large amount of correspondence you get from being the top player. No matter what path you take to reach the top spot I guarantee you here and now it is a LOT of work and every type of player should have an even chance of doing it

DeletedUser653

That's a hell of an assumption there dude.
All we can tell from the current info is there are going to be massive changes to the points system and while its looks like the only players in the top rankings will be fighters (which is unfair to thousands of other players considering this game was designed to be a Building game) we cannot be 100% sure of that.
That's a hell of an "incorrect" assumption there dude.
There are countless adverts by Inno which showed the game as a war game and they kept advertising the game as one "Where you can Forge an Empire" and "fight other players to expand your empire"
Even Google play today still states
"Come and play Forge of Empires! Take control over a city and become the leader of an aspiring kingdom. Guide it through the ages, research new technologies, expand your empire and live through an epic story. Battle other players and prove your skills as king and warlord."

So fighting has and always will be a key factor of the game and here the re-balance has been long overdue. With you on this one Sean :)

DeletedUser104843

Firstly I was not making an "assumption" I was stating a fact :p

I never said fighting was not a part of the game but the game was origionaly designed as a building game. Fighting was in the beginning a lesser part of the game (still important but just not what it was all about).
In your quotes from the adverts you in fact actually prove my point. Read it carefully and you will see that only the last line of the entire message mentions fighting. The entire first and middle part simply talks about building and progressing through research and expansion. No fighting needed in ay of that :). Fighting only became a such big part of the game after 2 years when GvG was introduced.

Anyway the point in my last message was to do with the new points system and how it will remain unfair but just in a different way so how about we stick to talking about that :)

DeletedUser105544

13 months had passed since Gate started this thread.
When I told you folks in few occasions that GB points will be balanced, I was accused for spreading misinformation.
What do you say now, I was right! Cheers me! :D

DeletedUser96901

actually the points will not be balanced
from extreme too high to extreme too low

so you shouldn't call that balanced

:P

DeletedUser5180

13 months had passed since Gate started this thread.
When I told you folks in few occasions that GB points will be balanced, I was accused for spreading misinformation.
What do you say now, I was right! Cheers me! :D

you were perhaps accused of misinformation because you probably stated something specific rather that simply 'gb points will be balanced'

if i'm wrong then perhaps direct us to your post and the replies to that post

as you often post statements on here saying something has happened etc when it has clearly not......... then generally your posts are taken with a large pinch of salt.

anyways, saying simply that 'gb points will be balanced' hardly makes you some kind of great prophet with information no-one else knew does it.?

Vesiger

Monarch
Well, from the point of view of someone only halfway up the rankings and without even one GB, it will be interesting to see how things shake out locally :-)

DeletedUser96901

They followed your advice
lol, no

you didn't understand my idea
if level 40 gives 400000 points that are 400000 more than level 39 not 400000 in total

because we all know (at least all except you)
a level 40 Alcatraz gives 88 million points in total, that are 22 millions more than level 39

DeletedUser

lol, no

you didn't understand my idea
if level 40 gives 400000 points that are 400000 more than level 39 not 400000 in total

because we all know (at least all except you)
a level 40 Alcatraz gives 88 million points in total, that are 22 millions more than level 39

Oh ok. I guess I misunderstood you then.

If level 11 gave 11x10,000 that would be 111,000 points
While level 40 gave 40x10,000 = 400,000 points

So you think a level 40 GB should be worth 76,500,000 instead of 88,000,000

Explain how that's better :?

6xGGsed.png

765 x 10,000 = 76,500,000

DeletedUser

OK I feel stupid now. 765 x 10,000 = 7,650,000 not 76,500,000

That being said, I still think that's higher than it should be. Maybe if it was 3,000 instead of 10,000 it would be more reasonable (I think 2.3 million points is fair for a level 40 GB and 7-8 million for a level 70 GB seems fair as well).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser96901

if we take a closer look they almost used my idea "FP * 250"

and as a level 70 Alca needs 119817 FP
and gives 1104660 points

that would be a little bit more than 9 points per FP
maybe less than 9 because the total points also includes regular building points and points for needed goods

that is not exactly 250 but it uses my concept of FP costs :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I think that Inno's devs are much better than that. In fact, I see that the GB points formula is very well tuned. The slow increase of points up to ~30 level makes the GB points insignificant in young worlds, while fast increase of GB points after that makes them the main and only way to reach high ranking in old worlds. This is ingenious method to get revenue from old worlds, where there is nothing else left to sell. It also provides fast and easy way for really big spenders to reach to the top. Look at this "problem" from the Inno's perspective, and you'll see that it's not a problem at all - it's a solution. Nothing should be done about GB points, at least not until the points and rankings will be devalued and sales will drop.

Only read this now. Agree with this 100%. No doubt this is why they are finally changing the points.

DeletedUser105544

you were perhaps accused of misinformation because you probably stated something specific rather that simply 'gb points will be balanced'

if i'm wrong then perhaps direct us to your post and the replies to that post

as you often post statements on here saying something has happened etc when it has clearly not......... then generally your posts are taken with a large pinch of salt.

anyways, saying simply that 'gb points will be balanced' hardly makes you some kind of great prophet with information no-one else knew does it.?

It is hard being a prophet but The Holly FoE will give me strength to endure through all these temptations on my prophecy path :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

now its been sorted out to some decree i just want to say thanks to GATE for bringing this to the attention of INNO yea its taken a +year and so but now every 1 can now turn round and say i can try for 1st place

Without gate saying something this might have not happen so thanks gate

DeletedUser96901

I also want to thank Gate2

because of this we don't get points for coins/supplies anymore :rolleyes: