• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account, you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation into English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Support or Forum Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitment page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
  • Forum Contests

Won't you join us for out latest contest?
    You can check out the newest one here.

GB leveling ?

stevejohnson

Private
the problem with many on here they think they know better and try to belittle you for asking such a stupid question, I got raided by someone and had FPs on his Cape, so I levelled it , didn't matter what it cost me it cost him 6 FPs, he however knew it was me I messaged him

Dead-Eye

General
the problem with many on here they think they know better and try to belittle you for asking such a stupid question, I got raided by someone and had FPs on his Cape, so I levelled it , didn't matter what it cost me it cost him 6 FPs, he however knew it was me I messaged him
Damn. You are the new internet tough guy for this site. All hail the internet tough guy!

He lost a whole 6fp, I bet that ruined his life ::rolleyes::

DeletedUser96901

I got raided by someone and had FPs on his Cape, so I levelled it , didn't matter what it cost me it cost him 6 FPs,
he would get 6 FP more from collecting than you put in ?
because if you put 10 FP in and he lost the collection of 6 FP then he made a profit of 4 FP

Emberguard

Legend
Can you tell who lvl'd up last? Not unless the amounts make it obvious or you already had an idea of what was in the GB. If you're only lvl'ing one or two GBs at a time it should make it easier to work out who's likely to have lvl'd it.

Identical amounts will be placed with who placed first up the top. So if they're all the same amount you know the bottom person lvl'd. Usually even if it's uneven amounts it'll be somewhere in the lower end that lvl'd unless it was close enough to end of lvl to snipe and require lvl'ing to secure a spot.

Your GB list will change its order based on which GB had FPs placed in it last or if a GB has run out of lvls it'll move to the bottom of the list. So if you go to place an attachment in a message and the order has changed from what you're expecting that's a good time to check the GBs that moved up in the list

DeletedUser108359

The only way that i think you can know for sure is to keep a day by day account of who is on your Gb and their donations, or message everyone on that level and ask if they did. other than that its just a guess. Although as others have mentioned you can narrow the list of suspects.
Im in the same boat, trying to figure who leveled my AO yesterday. Its not the end of the world, but if they on my friends list, they wont be for much longer.

There is another way of narrowing the list of suspects, check your events history, see what time the Gb was leveled then check if anyone on the Gb aided you or sat in your tavern a minute or 2 before or after that time..

GADfan

Warrant Officer
Im in the same boat, trying to figure who leveled my AO yesterday. Its not the end of the world, but if they on my friends list, they wont be for much longer.

Hi can you explain why levelling up a friend's GB is bad?
I've been playing about 6 weeks and I did this for someone thinking I was helping them achieve the benefits of a next level GB but instead I got a message from a really annoyed chap who removed me from his list!
What did I do wrong?

Hi can you explain why levelling up a friend's GB is bad?
I've been playing about 6 weeks and I did this for someone thinking I was helping them achieve the benefits of a next level GB but instead I got a message from a really annoyed chap who removed me from his list!
What did I do wrong?
When you level a gb the timer resets and you get to collect immediately

This is good for gbs that give you something like fp, you can collect it, then level it and immediately collect again.

If you level someone's gb they lose the double collection which could cost them a lot of fp/goods/coins etc and also it is now out of sync with the rest of their city as most people like to collect all gbs and event buildings at the same time

GADfan

Warrant Officer
When you level a gb the timer resets and you get to collect immediately

This is good for gbs that give you something like fp, you can collect it, then level it and immediately collect again.

If you level someone's gb they lose the double collection which could cost them a lot of fp/goods/coins etc and also it is now out of sync with the rest of their city as most people like to collect all gbs and event buildings at the same time

Oh right. That explains his anger then.
But this isn't something a newbie would know, is it? Or have I missed something?
There must be loads of times when this happens.

Lesson learned.
Thanks

Oh right. That explains his anger then.
But this isn't something a newbie would know, is it? Or have I missed something?
There must be loads of times when this happens.

Lesson learned.
Thanks
It happens a lot and it's not something you learn until someone shouts at you. I try to explain to my newer guild members but even people don't listen.

Dont worry about it and move on, but remember its always something you can do if someone is annoying you :)

Agent327

Overlord
Not a logical comment if you're new and unaware what you're doing is bad etiquette.
These in-game "rules" aren't in any tutorial, they have to be learned the hard way

Or the smart way, meaning you ask around and read the forum.

GADfan

Warrant Officer
Or the smart way, meaning you ask around and read the forum.

You really think novice players are going to ask around or check forums before making every one of the dozens or more new moves they'll make?
Learning as you go (and making mistakes) is a big part of these long-haul games, surely?
I contacted the player I'd annoyed and explained I was new and didn't know the correct procedure when levelling. He was very understanding and explained how it should be done. I appreciated that and now I won't make that same mistake again.

Agent327

Overlord
You really think novice players are going to ask around or check forums before making every one of the dozens or more new moves they'll make?
Learning as you go (and making mistakes) is a big part of these long-haul games, surely?
I contacted the player I'd annoyed and explained I was new and didn't know the correct procedure when levelling. He was very understanding and explained how it should be done. I appreciated that and now I won't make that same mistake again.

They go to forums to ask what they did wrong, don't they?